+ Reply to Thread

Moderators and Admin could add legitimacy to this site

Hi
    I have read probably 100 topics on this forum, and I would like to offer just a small bit of advice from someone who has run internet forums for years.

I registered without a valid e-mail. I also registered without an image verification.
    Both are EASY fixes to v bulletin and will reduce the amount of spammers by 80% immediately, thus reducing the amount of work by moderators and administrators who have to delete garbage from this forum. When you do not delete ALL of the spammers links, you are adding their site to Google, AND, you are unintentionally having links on your forum that "noobs" or inexperienced internet users will click, potentially infecting their computers with viruses, trojans, spam cookies, phishing attempts... so on so forth.
    What is the point of having 65,000+ members if 85% of them are spammers, ESPECIALLY when the point of this forum is to expose scams on the net.

Moderators are not paid positions, they do it just because they either believe in what is being posted, or because they enjoy what they do. Why should they be wasting their VALUABLE time constantly deleting computer script posted spam, instead of helping the members with the topic of the forum?
    Granted just because of the topic of this forum, it invites MORE human spammers than an average forum, but there are so many computer scripts that spam internet forums, you can at least eliminate some of them.

In my opinion, someone who spams, either through e-mail, or through forums is a &*$%&^%$$. NOTHING on the internet is easy, there is NO easy money.
    It takes work. Over the years, if you dedicate yourself to learning a little html, php, whatever, yea, you can make money. But by thinking that if you pay someone 50-10,000$ that they are going to make YOU money, guess what ? your fooling yourself, you just made money for THEM, not YOU.

I work at getting 1mil uniques per year. No one does it for me.
    If you want to make money on the internet, the place you need to look is in the mirror, because just like anything else in life, it takes hard work and dedication.

oh one more small thing about e-mails
    EVERY time I have allowed a user on a forum with an email that ended in .info
    I got spammed.
    .org is almost as bad, and of course .ru and .pl
    gmail has become a huge spammer haven also
    Be careful with your personal information people, just reading the 100 or so posts, I saw that many users "test" programs for other users. DO NOT do that unless you are net savvy, you are opening yourself up to BIG problems.

thank you for reading
    I did enjoy reading what I read, there are some very intelligent and experienced users on this forum that provded me with the information that I needed regarding a website that I was looking into.
    peace and good luck

please do not take my post the wrong way

I can tell by the complexity of this forum that serious work was put into this forum, and I was in no way trying to bash the owner, moderators, or its design.

Re: Moderators and Admin could add legitimacy to this site

too late kiddo!

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Re: Moderators and Admin could add legitimacy to this site

Quote Originally Posted by anonomouse
    please do not take my post the wrong way

I can tell by the complexity of this forum that serious work was put into this forum, and I was in no way trying to bash the owner, moderators, or its design.
    Good post. The owners had the verification on the forum once. It cut down on a lot of the spam and multiple usernames. But for some reason they had to remove it it was also blocking legitimate users who didn't break the rules.

Lady Mod