+ Reply to Thread

We know the human cost, here is the hard cash cost....

http://www.costofwar.com/

As every second passes, and every cent adds up, and you look at the poverty around you, and argue over healthcare, poor schools, or whatever else, imagine what the money here could do, the difference it could make, if the will was there....
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Re: We know the human cost, here is the hard cash cost....

hmmm. where did the money come from and where did it go ? was it paid out to martians never to return ? can we print more money ? congress decides what to spend money on. have you held your congressman responsible for this ? are you campaigning against him and for a good replacement ?

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles
    hmmm. where did the money come from and where did it go ? was it paid out to martians never to return ? can we print more money ? congress decides what to spend money on. have you held your congressman responsible for this ? are you campaigning against him and for a good replacement ?
    It's your tax dollar that supports it, whether you want to or not.

And when the mess is over, and the nation is rebuilt again?

It will be a small minority of American companies and their shareholders that benefit, not you, son.

Btw, guess what, I don't have a 'congressman'.
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

no. my tax dollars go to pay the interest on the national debt. the cost of the war and all the congressional pork are just added to that debt. so when the black and tan inherit the country there will be a huge debt that cannot be paid. its a great big fools game. but there is no shortage of money. poor people don't have any money for rent or food for their kids but they have money for bling, crack and chrome wheels on a car that goes boom boom. the federal reserve just creates money out of the clear blue sky. congress can make the minimum wage $100 an hour if they want then say everybody has to pay $50 an hour toward the national debt. but if they did that its too obvious that we don't use anything real for money ? the dollar was recently devalued and you don't understand what happened at all. they say we paid 350 billion for the savings and loan crisis when people like the clintons pulled deals like whitewater. did you notice that missing money ? did you have to cut back on toilet paper and toothpaste ? please try to understand - chickens are real. you can count chickens. you cannot count dollars. they are contantly changing their value compared to chicken and oil. dollars are just a bookkeeping token. if it takes more yen to buy a barrel of oil today than it did yesterday, the yen has been devalued. if the dollar is falling slightly faster or slower than the yen, doesn't matter, both are still falling. your stock was worth 8 dollars last year and now it worth 10 ? you genius. except the dollars then are not the dollars now. if you have borrowed billions, like trump, good. he borrowed when dollar was worth more chicken and oil and will pay back with cheap dollars that won't buy much oil or chicken. i just got a couple new interest free credit cards and i am betting the value of dollar will continue to decline. so if i can pay you back tuesday for a hamburger today, or i can run up national debt rather than pay for war and welfare today, its just like making money.