+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Asset Recovery

Asset Recovery

Hello,

Has anyone gotten a post card saying, "Public Records indicate that millions of dollars of Unclaimed Money has beenturned over the the State Of Illinois for distribution. Potentially $$$ of the fund belongs to you.
    For instructions and your Unclaimed Money Collection Form return this form along with a $10 check to: Asset Recovery.

I really don't want someone to have my checking account info. I am tempted to send cash. Does anyone else know anything about this or tried it.

Thanks,
    RTL

Re: Asset Recovery

"Potentially $$$ of the fund belongs to you."
    And potentially not. You pays your money and takes your chances.

You should be able to do a search for free. Most state governments have a way to search for unclaimed money on their web sites or through the budget and revenue (or one of the financial) branches.

I received a letter the other day saying that my daughter ad unclaimed government money and that for a 30 percent cut, they would get it for me.

About 10 minutes of web searches of us government sites, go me the information I need to fill out the paperwork and get her the money - free. She indeed was listed on a government site and was owed money on an FHA (or something) mortgage balance.

Also, often the letters you get from these companies are fishing expeditions sent to thousands of people.

I am not telling you what to do, and $10 isn't that much, however you may find it prudent to do a bit of research on your own and see what you can find. Good luck.
    Last edited by msd1948; 07-11-2007 at 09:17 PM.

This site is run by the state of IL and is legit. I had unclaimed money and did receive a check:

www.cashdash.net

Yeah, Michigan has something similar you can get to from the State of Michigan web page. I believe that is the treasury office.