+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516

Re: Man exists, Why?

Here's Billy Graham's explanation of where God came from. This isn't a good enough explanation for me. Obviously the Religious community have no clue so they're making up anything that might work as an explanation.

https://billygraham.org/answer/where...ow-the-answer/

Scientists are working on figuring this all out but they have doubts they'll ever know.

Looks like Joe's correct and we'll never know the truth so just go with what makes you feel good. (:
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 03-15-2018 at 11:10 AM.

You could try some other religions.

dailybuddhism.com;
    Creation and the Origin of the Universe
    By brian @brianschell.com, on May 7th, 2009

Question:
    I have been wondering what the Buddhist take on creationism is? I have long believed in reincarnation and never really thought much about it, but this morning BBC radio 4 had a thought for the day and a Sikh was talking about most major religions believing in the one god having created everything but that that god had different names, i.e. God, Allah, Krishna etc this lead me to think, as we don’t have a god as such, is there a Buddhist view on creation? Your thoughts, as always, would be welcome

Answer:

Like the question of God, Buddhism generally doesn’t concern itself with this. There is no specific story about the creation of the universe in Buddhism. In fact, Buddha, in the Acintita Sutta, is supposed to have said, “Conjecture about [the origin, etc., of] the world is an unconjecturable that is not to be conjectured about, that would bring madness & vexation to anyone who conjectured about it.”

Many of the ideas that influence Buddhism came from Hinduism, and creation stories fall into this category as well. The most common Hindu stories tell that Brahma created the universe, or at least is the oldest being in it. The universe was created, changes, and then is destroyed. This cycle is called a kalpa, and has happened an uncountable number of times already. Just as people a born, live, die, and are reborn, so is the universe as a whole. Again, the idea of a creator god is not generally accepted in Buddhism, but the stories are often repeated in the texts, mostly because people at the time knew the stories.

Of course in more modern times, we have the Big Bang theory, and the idea that eventually gravity will pull the universe back in on itself, finally re-exploding outwards to start the cycle over again. There is a lot of scientific evidence that shows this is probably the way it works, but the two ideas are not that far apart. They both show the universe living and dying in repeated cycles.
    Sticking with only the Abrahamic religions shows religious bias.

“Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going.”
    -Stephen Hawking
    Last edited by nomaxim; 03-15-2018 at 03:02 PM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

ok here's the way i see it. god always was/is. this is not something the uninitiated can understand. we can kinda get an idea from something we idolize materially that never changes!! ok i just read he B G thing he agrees!! of course i also think re-incarnation as it's called happens! why? so we get a second 3rd 4th etc chance to UNDERSTAND!? i really latched on to einstein's theory of relativity and apply it to EVERYTHING! creation is NOT complicated at all!! you just have to see patterns in everything!!
    Last edited by lexx; 03-15-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    You could try some other religions.

dailybuddhism.com;

Sticking with only the Abrahamic religions shows religious bias.

“Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going.”
    -Stephen Hawking
    The Universe will create itself from nothing, got to study up on this.

I didn't consider all Religions and their views on how it all began. my bad. (:

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    If God created it all we need to figure out where God came from. We have to start at the very beginning and the Bible tells us God created everything so where did this God come from? Science tells us life started from an organism but where did it come from? If it's an organism that's responsible for the entire Universe, just where did it come from? Oh the organism wouldn't be the planets, comets, etc so where did all of that come from?

Also what really bugs me is who wants to live forever? Good grief think about forever, that's a long long time. lol
    Even heavenly bliss would get tiring.
    not true!? we DONT have to figure out where god came from!? take riding a bike for example.....before learning we may try to figure out how to ride it but after we learn its always there to do!! we now have FAITH in it!! why WOULDN'T you want to live forever!? that is obviously the GOAL of the science of health!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    not true!? we DONT have to figure out where god came from!? take riding a bike for example.....before learning we may try to figure out how to ride it but after we learn its always there to do!! we now have FAITH in it!! why WOULDN'T you want to live forever!? that is obviously the GOAL of the science of health!?
    Religious beliefs affect people's lives all over the world. It affects Politics, laws, and all aspects of people's daily lives. It has an effect on decisions people make all the time. Why wouldn't you want to know all you can find out about something that has such an effect on the world around you?

I realzie turning your problems over to something greater than yourself is beneficial, lots of benefits in having faith in something bigger than you are but there is so much more to it than that.

I'm not so sure about eternal life and that being something I would want. There's a lot of difference in living to be 120 yrs old and living for eternity in a place you've only heard about with no proof it even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Religious beliefs affect people's lives all over the world. It affects Politics, laws, and all aspects of people's daily lives. It has an effect on decisions people make all the time. Why wouldn't you want to know all you can find out about something that has such an effect on the world around you?

I realzie turning your problems over to something greater than yourself is beneficial, lots of benefits in having faith in something bigger than you are but there is so much more to it than that.

I'm not so sure about eternal life and that being something I would want. There's a lot of difference in living to be 120 yrs old and living for eternity in a place you've only heard about with no proof it even exists.
    you can THINK about riding bike FOREVER but if you actually do it you kick yourself for waiting so long!? it's human to want to KNOW everything in SOME way before you LEAP so to speak which is WHY unless you see OTHERS riding a bike EFFORTLESSLY you may be SUSPICIOUS of the very IDEA!? and it may lead to ARGUMENTS and STRIFE!? so yah if science can XPLAIN god then that would be a WAY to possibly make it EASIER to accept/SEEK!?

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Food for thought: Everything on this earth came from somewhere or something. If you woke up one morning and found a brand new red car on your front lawn and were told that there was a loud bang and the car appeared, you would likely say "no way", someone put that car there. "That car couldn't have come out of nowhere". That's what you would very likely say or think. At least I know I would.

Many people feel the same way about how the earth was made. That life as we know it, so complex such as DNA, etc, could not have been some random event. That there must have been a creator. Whether you believe the creator is God or not is a another matter.

We know for a fact that man can create life like robots, cars, and all kinds of wondrous things. Man can build grand things such as the great wall of China or the Egyptian pyramids, or the Sears Tower, aircraft and drones and can even create human life in a test tube (in vitro) fertilization.

But still, so many people find it implausible that God could have created man or the earth. I see it this way. If man, with limited knowledge, can create all the wonders we have on this earth in the aforementioned paragraph, why would it be impossible for someone with a higher and a possible superior level of knowledge and power and abilities to have created man?
    And what created this something?

DESTROY CHESTY THE SNAKE!