+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

$15,500 posted to me by fed ex

can anyone help me with this i received a cheque in the mail yesterday with the wholesome of 15,500 equals 17,900us its in my account but whats the story has anyone heard of the names

Pearly Thomas
    justin Rice
    they were the names on the cheque :)

Re: $15,500 posted to me by fed ex

If they ask for any of that money back it is one of Nigerian 419 scams. Could be a money laundering scheme too.

so the cheque is in my bank right now but will it clear,
    why give someone money then ask for it back

I think the better question to ask here is why send someone that much money randomly.

Keep it in your account, it will most likely get rejected eventually, you will have to pay a penalty. But more than likely you will be contacted to cash the check and send most of it back. They will tell you to keep some of it for the inconvenience and if you do, pretty soon the bank will realize it was fake (they can reject the check for up to 6 months i believe) and any money you sent the scammers you are responsible for paying.

I know it would be nice to randomly get legit checks, but give me one good reason those people would send you such a large check randomly. You dont even know who they are.

hanks for your thoughts because all i know is that there is now $17,500 sitting in my account claiming interest,
    so why would the bank let me put it in anyway, i beleive this is a legit cheque and it is in my bank, so if the people want it back some day what would you do , keep it or give it back, because i dont mind leaving it where it is,

this all sounds a bit strange but im so serious i got the cheque went to my bank and just put it in and there it is sitting in there, i wont touch it as i dont know where it comes from , but the interest will be all mine true!!!!!!
    i need :confused: ideas someone help

Also I Have Had 57 Views On Here With Only 2 Replys
    Havnt Anyone Got Any Ideas Or Know Of Anyone This Happening Too

Look This Thread Is Bull**** , I Am Trying To Suck Some Ideas Out Of People To Get Quick Cash But No One Has Told Me Jack **** 58 Views And Not Even Someone Telling Me To Go Here Or There For Free Cash, You Guys Know Where All The Cash Is At, So Tell Me Does Anyone Know Anything Of My Thread Though Because My Mate Wreckons He Gets Cheques Of The Internet All The Time,
    How And Where Thats What I Wanna Know,
    Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by swooper25
    Look This Thread Is Bull**** , I Am Trying To Suck Some Ideas Out Of People To Get Quick Cash But No One Has Told Me Jack **** 58 Views And Not Even Someone Telling Me To Go Here Or There For Free Cash, You Guys Know Where All The Cash Is At, So Tell Me Does Anyone Know Anything Of My Thread Though Because My Mate Wreckons He Gets Cheques Of The Internet All The Time,
    How And Where Thats What I Wanna Know,
    Please Help
    Sorry man, I wish I knew where to find free cahs Then again, if I knew where it was I would probably keep it to myself. I work for a living..that's where I get my money. You should try it.

By the way..that check in your bank is probably only pending. Most cases it takes 7-10 working days for an overseas check to clear. If it's still in there this time next year, I would say you're good.

No one is going to help you with your attitude.

You arent listening! PEOPLE DONT SEND RANDOM PEOPLE CHECKS, not for 15,000 bucks, not for 15 bucks. THEY JUST DONT DO IT. You arent thinking straight because you are blinded by greed, so take some advice from me, someone not currently blinded by greed, don't spend that money, because that deposit will bounce, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it will bounce, and the bank will want its money back. It will take 15000 out of your account, if you dont have it all there, they will get it back somehow.

GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON SOMEONE WOULD RANDOMLY SEND YOU A CHECK FOR NO REASON?

10. Re: $15,500 posted to me by fed ex

1.) Checks just do not come in the mail with out strings attached to it.
    2.) Why did you not call the place where the check came from.
    3.) I get checks in the mail all the time for $5,000.00 BUT, a hefty finance charge... I tear the up and send them back in their return envelope, with a lil note... *Evil Grin* NEVER do I deposit them. for that matter~> NOR do I sign them and put my bank account on the back.
    4.) You need to GO TO your bank right NOW and get tothe bottom of it....

~~> bottom line. NO ONE sends you a check NO STRINGS attached to it.

5.) WHY would you not ask questions FIRST, before depositing!

Just my thoughts.....

What part of "it's a scam" don't you understand? The check will be bogus and if you send them money - you will lose it. And frankly, I am too dammed tired to get into a longer explanation with you at this particular time.

Search this board for similar scams and you will find them.

swooper, its a scam, how many people mneed to tell you that? what you should have done right away is ask your bank what they think. you may have avoided any fees as most banks are familiar with teh nigerian 419 scam, but since you werent honest up front when you suspected something was up, now they will assume you are just an idiot and will probably charge you and possibly call the feds. cashing a fake 15,000 check is quite illegal.

Your bank WILL take all the money back and probably the interest, too. There's also a good chance that they will call the feds. Also, I hope you're not into any other illegal crap (no matter how small) because believe me, the bank will be WATCHING you and all your accounts. I know. I work at a bank in the compliance dept and I know all of the crap they check every person for daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annually, annually, etc...You wouldn't believe...

thanks for your opinions but all you sound very evil/(doom&gloom)
    get a lift on life instead of always thinking everything is a scam there is money out there so why wouldnt the cheque be legit, i think you all wipe ya asses and think its a scam that you had to pay for the toilet paper,
    not everything in this world is evil, so you just watch me get this coin

Quote Originally Posted by swooper25
    thanks for your opinions but all you sound very evil/(doom&gloom)
    get a lift on life instead of always thinking everything is a scam there is money out there so why wouldnt the cheque be legit, i think you all wipe ya asses and think its a scam that you had to pay for the toilet paper,
    not everything in this world is evil, so you just watch me get this coin
    Ok, great...go on a shopping spree! Better yet, reinvest the 15 grand into MLM's. Go enjoy life and stop hanging around forums...you have money to spend!!

Can we say troll?