+ Reply to Thread

Beware of Trophyhorse.com!

I was really into this for a while until I spoke out on some things I saw that were unfair. guess what I was banned for the site. yes banned for asking questions they felt were rude to ask. and guess what I pay every month to be part of this site.
    I feel the top stables in the sim horse racing game are owned by the same people that run the site.
    once agian beware of Trophyhorse.com :mad:

Re: Beware of Trophyhorse.com!

I found this post after somebody trying to scam money from me to “fix” it e-mailed me.

This person was banned from the site for instigating numerous arguments and attempting to fabricate conspiracy theories regarding the game. The best way to describe it would be constant whining because they weren’t winning as fast as they thought they should.

They are NOT paying for the site every month, we sent them their money back and cancelled their subscription. We can’t afford to allow people like that to run off our quality subscribers through constant complaining.

His/her feeling is incorrect. The only accounts the “people that run the site” use are the staff and admin accounts. These are the kinds of bogus conspiracy theories that we removed them from the site for.

The original poster is correct in many ways. Jeff/admin/staff or Laura, whatever they decide to post as that day, can and will ban you from the entire game if you post in the forum about something you have a problem with. If you complain about something, and Jeff takes it personally instead of shrugging it off and going on with business and just ban the person from posting in the forum, he'll post a snarky response to the whole forum and let mob mentality rule, and ban the user from the site. Basically, it's playground behavior. If you don't play my game the way I want you too, and you complain, I'll take my ball and leave.
    He conducts himself very unprofessionally when it comes to relations with paying and non-paying customers. I am willing and able to supply posts from his forum from all of his sites to show the immaturity someone of his age displays when it comes to relations. He is rude to customers, talks down to them as if they were children (which everyone I've run into are college aged or older, as most children cannot pay the prices he wants and without the graphics and action, most kids will and do find his games "boring"). I can also supply some emails from users that have sent me in the past.
    I have worked in retail sales and have owned my own business and would never have been as successful as I have been if I conducted business and treated customers (paying or otherwise) in the manner in which he does. His games are fun, but step out of line, and watch out. I've seen people go on and on cheating. He'll "ban" them, only to let them make a new account and play for awhile, then ban them again after he catches them again. Mostly, I've seen him not catch someone as much as the other players catching someone then complaining about it. But, don't complain to much, or you'll be next on the list for complaining about his lack of interest in the forum and what is being said about cheating and bugs and problems that go on for days or months without being fixed.

The people he does ban and returns their money for cheating after second and third chances, then go on to make more accounts and pays and starts all over again. Same thing happens, after several "chances," he bans and returns money, only after months of chances and complaints from others. So, in the end, he does make his money.
    This does not pertain to people posting about legit problems, or those he finds are rude to ask. I'm not talking about immature postings, I'm speaking about people that have legitimate issues with ongoing problems that Jeff seems to take as an attack to himself, and not the criticism or complaint of an aspect of the game. Any internet game operator I have dealt with, will block users from participating from posting in the forum area and allow that person to play the game as long as they're adhering to the game rules. This is not so in Trophyhorse, you speak out of line, you are banned. I've seen many players leave TrophyHorse, showdog and showcats over his treatment of other players, his lack of following up on problems in the game, and his total lack of customer relations.

In the end, I'm pleased I stuck with just a basic account on the sites after my sister supplied me with posts from the forum I cannot access, and she still has access to. Waste of money and waste of time in my opinion. If you want to be treated like a child and have your concerns ignored, join one of the many show sim games Jeff has to offer. Be aware problems can and most likely will go ignored. Cheaters will be allowed to cheat for an extended period of time.

The only thing I agree with Jeff's post on, is that I do not believe that he has an accounts other than the administrator accounts. I don't think he "plays" his games. If he did, perhaps he'd understand why people "whine" as he states it. In the entire time I've been on his sites, I've never read a post by anyone the is clearly an adult complaining about not winning fast enough. Of course, if it is as Jeff stated, he was definately dealing with someone that's complaint should be taken with a grain of salt. Like I stated, he doesn't know anything about customer relations.

I’m assuming the person above is who I am thinking about because there’s only one person we’ve had on the site in recent memory who types on that manner.

This person had been coddled by the administrators due to repeated questions more so than we had to help any other of over 12,000 active users on all of our sites. Yes, we dealt with them like they were a child because dealing with them like they were an adult simply did not work. To cut to the chase, we simply do not have the resources to continually help this person understand what everyone else was capable of understanding without any assistances whatsoever.

The complaint of this person over the lack of new features was deafening but they did not cite the features they desired. When finally spoken with by phone, the user was upset that updates hadn’t been put in place when in reality they had been in place for over eight months and this person evidently did not understand it.

It’s of worth noting that the site has increased in active users by over 50% since this person was banned.
    Last edited by Trophyhorse.com; 05-31-2010 at 03:52 AM.

Welcome to Scam.com.

Current BBB Report gives,
    BBB Rating for Third Row Productions, LLC
    Based on BBB files, Third Row Productions, LLC has a BBB Rating of A- on a scale from A+ to F.

Business Contact and Profile for Third Row Productions, LLC
    Name: Third Row Productions, LLC
    Phone: (210) 380-7459
    Address: 1702 Twilight Bluff
    San Antonio, TX 78260-2438
    http://www.showdog.com
    Original Business Start Date: January 2004
    Principal: Mr Jeff Schroeder, President
    Customer Contact: Mr Jeff Schroeder, President - (210) 380-7459
    Type of Business: Internet - Web Hosting
    BBB Accreditation: Third Row Productions, LLC is not a BBB Accredited business.
    Additional DBA Names: www.Trophyhorse.com

Additional Locations and Phone Numbers
    Additional Phone Numbers

Tel: (830) 438-8053

Customer Complaint History for Third Row Productions, LLC
    When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 3 complaints about Third Row Productions, LLC in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 3 complaints closed in 36 months, 0 were closed in the last year.
    Billing or Collection Issues
    Resolved
    1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.

Service Issues
    Resolved
    1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.

Customer Service Issues
    Resolved
    You can file a complaint with the BBB at odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx.

Other domains (DBA's) listed for this company can be found at thirdrow.net and include,
    Showhorse.com
    Showhog.com
    Showcattle.com
    Showcats.com
    Showlamb.com
    Buckingbullbreeder.com
    Showgoat.com
    Cattle.com

Business start date over 6 years ago, over the last 3 year reporting period they have received 3 complaints, Avg. of one complaint a year. All complaints have been resolved and the consumers have accepted the outcome.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

That information is also readily available directly on the sites and through subscriptions.

Two of those complaints that were resolved were filed by users who had been banned from our sites for cheating. One of the complaints was from a 16 year old boy who sexually harassed our users and was banned from the site. The irony is that "horselover2020" is complaining here that we don't ban people for cheating which is a blatant lie.

Assuming "horselover2020" is the same person who had the same complaints on the site we actually spent 40 minutes speaking with them directly on the phone. In fact, we responded to more e-mail from this person than anybody else on any of our sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophyhorse.com View Post
    I’m assuming the person above is who I am thinking about because there’s only one person we’ve had on the site in recent memory who types on that manner.
    Jeff, by now you of all people should know that assumption is the mother of all f-ups

Quote Originally Posted by quote=Trophyhorse.com View Post
    This person had been coddled by the administrators due to repeated questions more so than we had to help any other of over 12,000 active users on all of our sites.
    This apparently isn't who you think it is. If I am that person, then what you just stated is laughable and a complete lie. I have NEVER asked anything from Jeff/admin except for a fix in a mistyping of a name. I have never directed any questions to you, and to claim that I've emailed you numerous times is a complete lie. Besides, it would be a waste of my time since I'd would not get a response if I had. So much for your "administators".
    Yes, we dealt with them like they were a child because dealing with them like they were an adult simply did not work. To cut to the chase, we simply do not have the resources to continually help this person understand what everyone else was capable of understanding without any assistances whatsoever.
    That is beyond funny. The ONLY correct thing in that statement is that you don't have the resources. You stated I was "coddled" by the administrators. What administrators? Who, and where are they? The only people that EVER respond to any posts are yourself and "Laura". If there are administrators, then I challenge you to answer why there was not response to the posts that I'll be providing a link to (which I'm sure will be deleted since they show the disregard of your players problems, and shine a light on the lies you've posted here).

The complaint of this person over the lack of new features was deafening but they did not cite the features they desired. When finally spoken with by phone, the user was upset that updates hadn’t been put in place when in reality they had been in place for over eight months and this person evidently did not understand it.
    Nope, never asked for new features. Again, why would I? I challenge Jeff, if you think you know who I am, then mail me a message. Provide you "evidence" of the continued emails from myself, here on this site. I'm not worried, being there are no such emails, and that it is just a veiled attempt to save face.

It’s of worth noting that the site has increased in active users by over 50% since this person was banned.

It's also worth noting, that by your own admission, you've been advertising more. Could it be to help replace all those disenfranchised players that saw the neglect on all your sites? I'd like to see how many people have left in the past three months.

Notice how Showcats are having problems, and nothing from the supposed "Administrators".

http://www.showcats.com/login/philbo...aspx?forumid=2

http://www.showhorse.com/login/philb...spx?forumid=10

http://www.showhorse.com/login/philb....aspx?id=15464

Now, notice the "reply" to King John. That is exactly the rude, childish, non-professional behavior from Jeff I'm speaking of.
    http://www.trophyhorse.com/login/phi....aspx?id=45818

http://www.trophyhorse.com/login/phi...54&recordnum=0

Now, showdog has more complaints than any of them. Here is one that highlights that problems were rampant on the majority of his sites.

BTW, all the posts in the links provided I've taken screen-shots of in case Jeff deletes them. This way, he cannot just erase his negligence.

http://www.showdog.com/login/philboa...aspx?id=202137

Eight months they've been fixed? Really? Then why are these posts from early April of THIS year? Look at Wildsyde's posts. Very telling!!

http://www.showdog.com/login/philboa...aspx?id=202732

http://i47.tinypic.com/314dkll.jpg

So Jeff, do you STILL want to stick with the bugs have been fixed for 8 months? And why are there complaints from a number of people on there with no replies from all the "administrators" that dealt with all my supposed e-mails? Are these people insignificant, and don't deserve an answer? Or, is it like the post of King John,
    "I cannot watch the forum as much as you evidently want us to. Seriously, if a new user causing trouble is all it takes for you to feel it's necessary to call me out in the forum, it's probably time to part ways. This is the Internet, there are a-holes, there will always be. -jeff"

Evidently, you need to pay more attention to your forums, and need more administrators then the many you seem to have to answer my non-e-mails I supposedly sent.

That information is also readily available directly on the sites and through subscriptions.

Two of those complaints that were resolved were filed by users who had been banned from our sites for cheating. One of the complaints was from a 16 year old boy who sexually harassed our users and was banned from the site. The irony is that "horselover2020" is complaining here that we don't ban people for cheating which is a blatant lie.

Assuming "horselover2020" is the same person who had the same complaints on the site we actually spent 40 minutes speaking with them directly on the phone. In fact, we responded to more e-mail from this person than anybody else on any of our sites.

Your reading comprehension stinks. Put on some spectacles or start paying attention.
    I stated you do ban people that cheat, but you give them several chances. As shown by your own response here: http://www.trophyhorse.com/login/phi...54&recordnum=0

http://i45.tinypic.com/11t5yyr.jpg

Yet, another person that states that you haven't updated in three months. And you STILL want to dispute this when I've brought up posts going on how problems are still persisting and no comments from the many administrators? Really, and I'm the only bad apple in the bunch?

http://i47.tinypic.com/55jqrd.jpg

Now, Jeff has a problem, and YOU'RE suppose to contact him? Why is that? Why can't he pull up your information when you sign up or better yet, message you and get your contact information and call you? Why should you be responsible for paying for a phone call, or using minutes on your mobile? How about those international players? Hey, will you accept the charges if I call ya collect?
    Blantant lie about updates, comical from a guy who states here that problems were fixed eight months ago, yet, a check of any forum clearly shows that isn't the case. Now, you're telling me, all these people are lying and you're the truthful one here after I've proven that you have lied? Come on now.

Well, 6 months and no reply from Jeff or the many administrators. Guess that goes to show he had ran out of excuses and cannot defend his previous posts.

Actually, we stopped replying to these anonymous hit jobs from people banned from the site who wish to post this stuff without revealing their identity. We took that policy right about the time we had to get a restraining order against a gentleman we banned for cheating (which you claim we do not do).

It was only after the most recent insanity from another anonymous person we banned for cheating at the request of our users (which again, you claim we do not do) that we pulled this post up again.

Trophyhorse is a competitive game that brings out emotion in people. Unfortunately, that emotion can turn negative and anonymity magnifies that. You have my phone number (my direct, 24 hour a day cell phone number is on EVERY receipt) and you are welcome to call any time if you'd like to discuss your concerns. However, we've been sucked into these vendettas one too many times to continue as is.

Trophyhorse.com has the highest user satisfaction rate of any of our eight sites and nearly 1/3 of our active users have taken part in it for over two years. We invite anybody who wishes to see the vibrant community in action to visit Trophyhorse.com and see just how big a "scam" it is.
    Last edited by Trophyhorse.com; 01-17-2011 at 10:36 AM.