+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iffl

Iffl

Anybody have any news regard IFFL (Institute For Financial Learning)?? I need some hard facts about this scam.
    Thanks

Re: Iffl

have a look back at all the threads on IFFL. There are some links to other sites that make for interesting reading. Not sure how factual everthing is except for reports on Alberta Commission. A friend of mine has invested in a Subsidiary of Merendon Mining co, all has been well up until a few months ago. now they're having trouble disbursing the funds. I am extremely suspicious of these cats...have a look 4urself!!

Hold on to your hats!

There is some great news coming out about Milo Brost being fined by the Alberta Securities Commission. It this new finding doesn't dissuade people from investing in IFFL, I don't know what it is going to take...

Brost fined $650,000!!

You've waited for it patiently, and now here it is. http://www.albertasecurities.com/?cu...=1&newsID=7523

The long-awaited penalty phase of the ASC's case against Milo Brost and the Institute for Financial Learning (IFFL), or Capital Alternatives, as it was then known, was finalized today. The ASC panel concluded that Brost was "at the heart of the fraud" and bears ultimate responsibility, and therefore was fined $650,000 plus court costs, which is the largest fine ever levied in the ASC's history.
    Better yet, he specifically admitted he had set the wheels in motion that resulted in a fraud on investors (see page 5 of the detail decision http://www.albertasecurities.com/dms..._2577674v1.pdf.

The ASC's concluding remarks were (page 27): "Given our findings... that this scheme amounted to a fraud on investors, we urge staff (of the ASC), if they have not already done so, to consider referring this case to the authorities responsible for administering criminal law." Translation: MILO PACK YOUR SUITCASE, YOU'RE GOIN' TO JAIL BUDDY!

I trust those of you who have friends and relatives who have invested with the IFFL will now understand the character of the people behind this enormous Ponzi scheme. Get out now!

WW

http://www.albertasecurities.com/?cu...=1&newsID=7523

Well, here it is.
    The above link explains the announcement from the ASC, after several years of investigations.

Unfortunate as it is, many investors (suckers) have collectively lost millions of dollars so far. The money accumulated through the IFFL and hidden in other money losing, shell companies has not even been looked at yet.

What an absolute joke, yet IFFL supporters continue to promote these scams, and hailing Milo as a genius and their financial saviour. Try getting your money back now!!!!

I know that Milowe will not pay the $650,000 fine, as he is likely hiding somewhere more tropical . Not to mention the $130,000 or so legal fees that he is supposed to pay.

When you combine this with the rumors that IFFL investors are having trouble getting their money out, it sure looks like we are witnessing the beginning of the end.
    :D

Sure glad to see this decision ( sanctions ) was handed down! It's a good read indeed.

I suspect this now paves the way for future criminal investigations.

I do feel very bad for all the investors who put their trust in this scheme.
    Moral of the story : If it sounds too good to be true....well,you know the rest.

All of the gory details are in this 27 document.

http://www.albertasecurities.com/dms..._2577674v1.pdf

We tried, and we tried, but they just didn't listen.

Get Your Money Out!!

For you investors who haven't asked for your money back - DEMAND IT NOW! It's not a question of whether YOU still think this thing is legitimate. The point is, every other investor will be demanding their money before you. If you DON'T demand your refund, you may be dead right, but you'll still be DEAD if everyone else takes their money & runs.

Couple that with the fact that some people have already experienced problems getting their money out, even before this decision.
    WW

Re: Get Your Money Out!!

Well Winnipeg Worrier, as usual you've hit the nail on the head.
    At the end of the day anyone who drags their heels at this point deserves to lose their money.

I would strongly echo your advice that anyone who still has funds "invested" in this scheme,should be screaming at the top of their lungs for their money back.

Thanks to everyone who did their best to put the warnings out.
    Great Site!
    KD101

Hot Off the Press! Shocking New Revelations!

Check out the latest information posting on Webmechanic.

http://www.webmechanic.com.au/IFFL/Merendon.htm
    Looks like the Mounties always do get their man!
    (I love the RCMP)

Doughboy