+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home candle biz?

Can anyone tell me about this? I've been told over the phone that it's not a get rich quick scheme & it takes time & effort & involves fund rasing if you want to go that route & you can also become a distributor or sell from consignment shops & flea markets. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Re: Home candle biz?

I know a lot of people in the candle business.. A couple of people make and sell their own candles and some others do the direct sales business with places like party lite etc. It just depends on which route you want to go and yes it DOES take a lot of time and effort either way and is not a way to get rich! Were you looking at a particular company?

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner
    I know a lot of people in the candle business.. A couple of people make and sell their own candles and some others do the direct sales business with places like party lite etc. It just depends on which route you want to go and yes it DOES take a lot of time and effort either way and is not a way to get rich! Were you looking at a particular company?

Yes, I believe the lady who started it has the last name of Terrachovia?

What is the name of the company?

Mia Bella. Their suggested retail price is kind of high. I'm going to sign up with them and sell them at my husbands work. What I'm going to do though is if I get 50 orders, I'm going to charge $14 per candle instead of $18.50. You can pick your retail price, though, which is nice. And you have complete freedom to sell them however and whenever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23
    Mia Bella. Their suggested retail price is kind of high. I'm going to sign up with them and sell them at my husbands work. What I'm going to do though is if I get 50 orders, I'm going to charge $14 per candle instead of $18.50. You can pick your retail price, though, which is nice. And you have complete freedom to sell them however and whenever you like.

Thank you! I couldn't think of the name of the company to save my life, lol! They sent me some samples & I loved the scents. I don't think I would have any problem selling the candles & I like the thought of having the freedom to sell them the way I want to. I didn't know you could pick your price. That's a plus! :)

Making your own candles requires a lot of experimentation, reselling them is simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by pcwork
    Making your own candles requires a lot of experimentation, reselling them is simpler.

Oh I won't be making them. I am interested in becoming a distributor :)

Also consider listing them on Ebay. Start with just a couple to get a feel for how they sell. It's another sales venue. I sell old cameras on Ebay and while I can't quit my day job - it's nice spending money.

Quote Originally Posted by msd1948
    Also consider listing them on Ebay. Start with just a couple to get a feel for how they sell. It's another sales venue. I sell old cameras on Ebay and while I can't quit my day job - it's nice spending money.

That's a great idea! Thanks! :)
    I was also thinking about getting hooked up with e-bay & would like to see about doing it full-time. Is that realistic?

If you have a good niche, time, stock to sell, and experience it can be rewarding full time. There are those who make a nice income from Ebay. Many are stay at home mom's, homebound folks, and people with brick and mortar stores who want to expand their reach beyond "Main Street".

But please be advised that you need to know the in's and out's of dealing there full time. It takes work. Like any other busines venture, it should not be taken lightly!

I recommend you get your feet wet first. Also, take the time to read the discussion boards on Ebay. They give a lot of insight. Do your "homework" and you should do just fine.

Best of luck to you!! I hope you do really well.

Quote Originally Posted by msd1948
    You may not want to do that.

In the Policies & Procedures manual...we are NOT allowed to sell the candles on auction sites such as E-Bay.

Matthew Adams
    websites in signature only please
    Last edited by katiescorner; 07-31-2007 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Adams
    You may not want to do that.

In the Policies & Procedures manual...we are NOT allowed to sell the candles on auction sites such as E-Bay.

Matthew Adams

Your website is very nice! So are you pretty successful at marketing the candles & other products? I really need to be able to be successful at this within the next year or so. There's not really any competition at all in my area so would I have a pretty good chance if I work hard at it?
    Last edited by katiescorner; 07-31-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by missy42
    Your website is very nice! So are you pretty successful at marketing the candles & other products? I really need to be able to be successful at this within the next year or so. There's not really any competition at all in my area so would I have a pretty good chance if I work hard at it?
    You can do it. It is not easy...though.

We need to remember to do a little bit everyday. That is the best advice that i can give.

I applaud your work so far.

We hold parties, fundraisers, etc.

What are you doing to get the word out?

Matthew Adams
    Last edited by katiescorner; 07-31-2007 at 08:49 PM.

15. 08-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gracem1517
    I don't know about this one, but I know of an opportunity that has been around for over 17 years and provides excellent income, training and support. For more information, visit Learn how to change YOUR financial future at these website links! I did and it changed my life!
    Not nice grace...You have posted that same line in every thread you visit. You are spamming everyone.

Matthew
    Last edited by katiescorner; 08-13-2007 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gracem1517
    I don't know about this one, but I know of an opportunity that has been around for over 17 years and provides excellent income, training and support. For more information, visit Learn how to change YOUR financial future at these website links! I did and it changed my life!
    Looks like the spamming scammer, Grace Miranda, is back with a new name after being banned last night.

She is a 3rd grade school teacher in Chula Vista.

Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
    Registrant ID: GODA-035198983
    Registrant Name: Grace Miranda
    Registrant Organization: Unknown
    Registrant Address1: 2601 Noble Canyon Rd
    Registrant City: Chula Vista
    Registrant State/Province: California
    Registrant Postal Code: 91915
    Registrant Country: United States
    Registrant Country Code: US
    Registrant Phone Number: +1.6199909305
    Registrant Facsimile Number: +1.6196569899
    Registrant Email: miranda1517@sbcglobal.net
    Last edited by katiescorner; 08-13-2007 at 04:27 AM.