+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Insect Are You?

Post your results here!

My top 4 came out as

#1 moth
    More information about this result. Get your selector results graphic and text links here. The most frequent top results for this selector. Read selected Books

#2 bee
    More information about this result. Get your selector results graphic and text links here. The most frequent top results for this selector. Read selected Books

#3 cricket

#4 dragonfly

http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/sele...lient=phantazy
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Re: What Insect Are You?

#1 flea

#2 ant

#3 beetle

#4 fly

#5 grasshopper

Not at all what I thought it would be. Those questions were culturally biased! hehehehe... ;) :D

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound
    #1 flea

#2 ant

#3 beetle

#4 fly

#5 grasshopper

Not at all what I thought it would be. Those questions were culturally biased! hehehehe... ;) :D
    A flea!!!!! :D

PMSL!

Do you have dogs?

If I were them, I would run!

If it helps, I don't think a flea is actually an insect!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    A flea!!!!! :D

PMSL!

Do you have dogs?

If I were them, I would run!

If it helps, I don't think a flea is actually an insect!
    They aren't easy to kill, that's for sure. You ever try to stomp on one? People thought I'd finaly lost what little mind I had. :D

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound
    They aren't easy to kill, that's for sure. You ever try to stomp on one? People thought I'd finaly lost what little mind I had. :D
    Tell me you are joking!

You didn't?

Mate, that is like stomping on one of your own - :D

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

I don't know about any of these, but in performing Shamanic journeying it was revealed that a Praying Mantis was one of my power creatures...

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    I don't know about any of these, but in performing Shamanic journeying it was revealed that a Praying Mantis was one of my power creatures...
    Really?

I love them.

In fact, I keep them.

I have about 8 different species in this very room, along with three Tarantulas, and a couple of scorps.

Praying Matids are great, I think they are the only insect capable of turning their neck like we do

#1 spider

#2 bee

#3 beetle

#4 ant

check this out:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiV5fYllQ

also this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk_F2Y-F2kE

:eek: :rolleyes: :D
    Last edited by coontie; 06-28-2007 at 09:17 AM.

Really?

I love them.

In fact, I keep them.

I have about 8 different species in this very room, along with three Tarantulas, and a couple of scorps.

Praying Matids are great, I think they are the only insect capable of turning their neck like we do

Damn cool! :cool: :)

I like insects, i wanted to become an Entomologist but I didnt think they needed any. Growing up as a child, I was always fascinated with these creatures. I had a book about insects. There are too many that I like, but that Praying Mantis, as kids, we put him/her on the toy motorcycle going down a hill. She/he, held its grip on to the handlebars. They are very intelligent, at least that one was. They mate, after the female mates with the male, it's time to eat the male up for a luxury meal, chomp, crunch, chomp, yummmy! Now as for the flea, no way would I want to be that blood sucking miserable creature. Fleas are an insect, they sure are not blood sucking vampires! LOL. Now you may want to know how to get rid of them in your home. You buy FLEA BUSTER, it is a natural compound. You can order the stuff in Florida. It is expensive, and you sprinkle it every so many feet apart and pound it in your broom or I use an old hair brush, I want to get it good into the fibers. Agway, sells diamatecous earth, I know I misspelled the word but these Diamatacious earth and FLEA BUSTERS they dry up the bugs poof they die. It works on other insects too but FLEA are the most horrible insects going. PLEASE do not buy that FLEA dip for your pets, it causes DEATH in so many animals, to seizures it damages the nervous system of your pet. The pet can become paralyzed. FRONTIER I think that is their name, they have a chemical in there that is TOTALLY TOXIC to your pets, also those flea collars are useless and toxic to your pets. I like to tell you the truth about everything. It should be banned. This is total abuse towards pets. There are alternatives out there. NEVER USE THOSE TOXIC SHAMPOOES ON YOUR PETS. You can wash your pet with natural shampooes, I know there is a pill that some people give their pets to keep fleas off of them that is what lots of people do. BUT NEVER USE FLEA SHAMPOOES ON YOUR PETS, alot of people have killed their pets this way or they are cripples from seizure and more illnesses. I think I like to be a praying mantis, bees have a short life span. ANd are dying because the EPA is allowing now for 6 years to use NICOTINE PESTICIDES on the crops, they asked the ENTOMOLOGISTS why they are dying , 4 years ago they asked and they said NICOTINE PESTICIDES, they use this when they kill termites. And the sprays that MONSANTO uses the chemical toxic sprays on the Genetically Modified crops. The bees, birds, lady bugs, butterflies and praying mantis have been dying for years over 10 years, now that it is getting worse they have decided to tell the news, it just aint nothing new. EPA does not care they are still letting MONSANTO use the Nicotine pesticides so that means we will have food shortages... POISONED PLANET,

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    #1 spider

#2 bee

#3 beetle

#4 ant
    Meh, a spider is not an insect!

Meh, a spider is not an insect!
    It is an Arachnid. They are closely related to Crustaceans. There is actually a species of Spider that lives in water and catches minnows to eat. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    It is an Arachnid. They are closely related to Crustaceans. There is actually a species of Spider that lives in water and catches minnows to eat. :rolleyes:
    I think that is (seriously), called an Israeli Spider. :eek:

Hang on, I will go see if I have some info on it

Israeli Spitting Spider (Scytodes aharonii)

Or it could be this

South American Fishing Spider (Ancylometes bogotensis)

These spiders are amazing, they sit at the edge of a bowl with their front legs in the water and then pounce on their prey. Easy to keep in a humid tank or plastic box, I haven't lost any. They are pretty active and seem to eat more crickets than tarantulas, approx adult size 3cm body length.

#1 Spider

#2 Beetle

#3 Moth

#4 Flea

#5 Mantis
    http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/si...is-hummer.aspx

FAO YWFT-- Check this link out!!!
    Last edited by jigglepete; 06-29-2007 at 01:35 AM. Reason: need to add text

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete
    #1 Spider

#2 Beetle

#3 Moth

#4 Flea

#5 Mantis
    http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/si...is-hummer.aspx

FAO YWFT-- Check this link out!!!
    That will be one of the larger and stockier types of Mantids mate, probably some sort of African species, I would imagine.

The prettiest of all that I have had, are the Orchid Mantis, which, cunningly enough, look exactly like an Orchid!

However, even a Praying Mantis can make a mistake sometimes.

See here.....