+ Reply to Thread

A wholesaler site I'm not sure about

I found this site http://www.online-elecshop.com which is registered only for 2 weeks, they've approached me on eBay and suggested to buy stocks from them. They are apparently from China, they don't accept Paypal and claim all the products are genuine and come with 1-3 years warranty.

Does anyone knows or heard anything about them? I really don't want to invest money for nothing.

Re: A wholesaler site I'm not sure about

That website looks like crap...just avoid it.

Hi again,
    why do you think that i should avoid this website?

They just went online 11 days ago.
    The WhoIs info shows a incomplete address,
    online-elecshop.com
    chaoyang
    beijing,beijing,CHINA 100021

Domain Name: online-elecshop.com
    Record last updated at 2007-06-16 03:40:28
    Record created on 2007/6/16
    Record expired on 2008/6/16
    No street is even given. And a look up of the phone number with numbering plans.com says;
    This telephone number is most likely a China number. Specific information on this number range is not available. This might mean that this particular telephone number does not exist.
    It should at least be able to tell that the number is in Beijing.

And I agree with JaxDevlin, the site looks like a child put it together.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

I've talked with them on MSN (onlin-elecshop2@hotmail.com) they've explained that they just opened the site for foreigners, and they gave me their previous (and still operating as far as I know) site -
    http://www.pconline.com.cn

They also use a free disposable email address. Too many red flags. The prudent path would be to avoid them, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot3
    I've talked with them on MSN (onlin-elecshop2@hotmail.com) they've explained that they just opened the site for foreigners, and they gave me their previous (and still operating as far as I know) site -
    http://www.pconline.com.cn
    Just use commone sense. A real company doesn't use hotmail.

Quick Google search for "Pconline.com.cn" (remove quotes) finds this right off the bat.
    Copyright Violator: pconline.com.cn, dated 22JUN2007,
    So we've tried the traditional route, we have contacted this site on numerous occassions to point out their obvious violation of our copyright (and that of other digital camera sites) but to no avail. The legal route is still open but fraught with problems. One option always available to us is to shame such websites and hope that they will see the errors of their ways. This site mixes some original content with stolen images and translated text which it then publishes as its own original work.

Phil: For the record I have personally contacted this site several times over the last year. Recently however they have taken to copying almost every original article posted here along with product photography, samples galleries, translations of our specification tables, review analysis and more. They have never responded to our emails and have continued to copy material. Images from my Sony DSC-V3 preview posted just this morning have already been copied and posted on pconline.com.cn.
    See also; http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/forum/supplier-discussion/10329-who-knows-how-read-chinese-site.html they have a thread about pconline.com.cn;
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The web site appears to be a news,prices,guide,reviews for computer information and consumer electronics in China!

It don`t think they sell any products,just a news review site for the IT Industry in China!
    It appears that pconline.com.cn is just a Chinese version of PCWorld.com. They sent you a link to a Chinese magazine's site.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

*laughs* Is this "Chinese Counterfeit" website design patented? Cuz every disreputable "export" site posted here in the past few months has used it. The block of poorly-edited sales text, the thumbnails of products that probably don't exist, and the moving marquee of pictures...

Ahem. I don't know what you're accustomed to investing in, but do you really think a company that's too cheap or inept to hire a professional translator and to set up a real e-mail system will be able to give you any return on your investment?