good find make sure you give them all your money

Re: Anyone ever heard of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulles
    good find make sure you give them all your money
    Not if I can help it skulles. :cool:

Do you know anything about the program?

Front page
    By the time I'm finished, you should be able to CLEARLY see a simple business plan that ANYONE can put into action...a plan that WILL NOT cost you any up-front money
    Next page
    Please choose your preferred payment method below. This is the payment method which will be charged for all membership fees and purchases.
    With Virtual Profit Academy you can earn $3,000 per month with only 100 customers
    They are not customers. They are sign ups or referrals.

So far from what I have seen it is a pyramid for people doing offers.
    Last edited by borisf96; 06-27-2007 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks Boris... That's kind of helps.

I did find out that their comp plan is a 2up plan (whatever that means) and that by completing some advertising sponsor offers your initial membership fees get paid by their advertising sponsors... I think you have to complete 4 or 5 offers to get your initial membership fee paid ($69 + one time $30 registration). It's $69 a month after that and pays $30 month per customer that you refer to them.

Know anything about that kind of comp plan? Is it legal?

Should I proceed to join or run?
    Last edited by rmhoover; 06-28-2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: clarification

Offline it is illegal just like every other pyramid. If you choose to report earnings, if any, you could have problems(if your income tax comes under review).

2up plan means that your first two referrals/sign-ups go to your sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96
    Offline it is illegal just like every other pyramid. If you choose to report earnings, if any, you could have problems(if your income tax comes under review).

2up plan means that your first two referrals/sign-ups go to your sponsor.

HUH? I'm afraid I don't understand. :confused:

If a 2up (or any pyramid scheme) is illegal offline... then why would it be legal online? And, if I report my earnings and pay taxes quarterly... how would that create problems? Problems with the IRS? Again, I don't understand.

Thanks for the info on 2up's -- so you mean I would pass up commissions on two referrals as well? That hardly seems fair? Especially if I did all the work... seems like a network of lazy people tryin' to get somethin' for nothin'.

Quote Originally Posted by rmhoover
    HUH? I'm afraid I don't understand. :confused:

Thanks for the info on 2up's -- so you mean I would pass up commissions on two referrals as well? That hardly seems fair? Especially if I did all the work... seems like a network of lazy people tryin' to get somethin' for nothin'.
    Yes, so the higher to top of pyramid you are, the more referrals you have for doing some initial recruiting. Top member of 2-up pyramid could have 50% of all referrals just for recruiting first few members.

About legality. Concept is obviously illegal. But nobody yet here confessed of having problem with IRS. Either people are not reporting income or income is usually so low that IRS does not want to bother with them. Either way, if IRS wanted to say it is illegal, they can.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96

About legality. Concept is obviously illegal. But nobody yet here confessed of having problem with IRS. Either people are not reporting income or income is usually so low that IRS does not want to bother with them. Either way, if IRS wanted to say it is illegal, they can.
    The keyword is "if" ... but does it? Can you show documentation that says that it's illegal? I suppose if someone doesn't report their income that would be considered illegal... but what about those in mlm that do report their income and pay their taxes? I still don't understand how the "concept" is obviously illegal... what do base your conclusion on? Is there a written law or some form of legal documention? I need proof. How can I argue with someone promoting one of these "opportunities" about the "legality" of mlm without written proof? Sorry... I'm playing "devil's advocate" here. The problem is that without written proof it's difficult to stop these aleged scams.
    Last edited by rmhoover; 06-28-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: clarification

They are not MLM. In MLM they have product and must be able to sell that product to someone outside MLM.

Yes it is difficult to create written proof.
    Here is article on illegal pyramid. It is written by MLM lawyer.
    http://www.mlmstartup.com/articles/b24ho.htm

The last thing you want to do is become part of a multilevel system that is, in reality, an illegal pyramid scheme. According to the Direct Selling Education Foundation, a pyramid scheme is an illegal scam "in which large numbers of people at the bottom of the pyramid pay money to a few people at the top. Each new participant pays for a chance to advance to the top and profit from payments of others who might join later."
    As much as understood from your post, once you get in in the system all you have to do is to recruit and pay monthly fee. I thin a shoe fit.

Programs that pay fees for recruiting. "A legitimate MLM opportunity will have compensation based on product sales and not on recruiting," Babener states. If money is paid for signing up new distributors rather than for product sales, the business is likely to be a pyramid scheme.
    Also about IRS. Since you will be independant contractor, you must fill appropriate tax forms. (I think #1099). Virtual Profit Academy must provide you with their Employer ID number. You can check with IRS if it is real.

Here is other atticle about illigal pyramid with quotes from FTC
    http://www.amquix.info/quixtar_pyramid_rebuttal.html

"Pyramid scheme" means a sales scheme, Ponzi scheme, chain marketing scheme, or other marketing plan or program in which participants pay money or valuable consideration to the company in return for which they receive:

the right to sell a product or service; and
    the right to receive in return for recruiting other participants into the program rewards which are unrelated to sale of products or services to ultimate users.

Thanks again Boris

Thanks again Boris for your information...

You see, I research these companies and expose them for what they actually are. I've been in direct sales for a while now and some reps (not all) involved in mlm companies give the direct sales industry a "black eye". People often confuse mlm and direct sales thinking that they're the same. They're not! There's a huge difference between the two. In direct sales, we do not "recruit" people to do sales for us. We do the "selling" ourselves.

I will check out the references you mentioned in you posts. Again, thanks for you insight.

For more information about biz opps online visit: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcam...s/coninfo.html

(if anyone would like to rebut these findings ... please feel free)

Hey all.. just a warning.. stay clear of Virtual Profit Academy. This was a great program in the beginning, but in the last 3 or so months, it has gone totally down hill! There are many people, like myself, who are owed comissions, and for whatever reason, owner Gary Danko is not taking care of it and paying people for owed commissions. All we get is the run-around and lip service. A few months ago, from what I hear, most, if not all of the leaders of the program have left VPA because of the lack of integrity and dishonesty of Gary Danko. I have even filed a complaint with the BBB, and I think he knows it, but does he care? Of course not. What does that tell you? Stay CLEAR of this program and Gary Danko!!!

It always amazes me to read some of the opinions passed around in these forums by those with no legal knowledge of the network marketing industry.

Sure...a scam is a scam...and there are enough real scams out there to warrant a place to report them...as long as there is a way to legitimate the claims.

1. Virtual Profit Academy is not a pyramid scheme. It offers 3 products and commissions are ONLY paid when product sales are made. Many of the customers are just that...customers...and they take part in the various courses, teleseminars, webinars and seminars that are offered.
    2. Virtual Profit Academy is not a 2-up compensation plan as stated by one of the posters here. If a person decides to refer other customers who purchase the courses and/or seminars, he or she gets paid for each and every sale made (including the first two). We agree that people should be paid for their work.
    3. Based on what I've read in here from Borisf96, he or she has never fully read through our website because we are definitely not a "paid to" type site where we pay people to complete offers. We did have a rebate program at one time during our pre-launch. It was offered as a way for people to be able to get a full rebate on what they paid for our basic course...and YES...these people are customers by definition. A customer is a person who purchases a product or service from a person or company. A customer can also come from a referral...that doesn't mean the customer is not a customer. Did anyone ever refer YOU to something...and then you bought it? Anyway the rebate program was only run during pre-launch as a promotion and then cancelled due to difficulties with some of the advertisers not wanting to honor their agreements.
    4. There is nothing illegal about a direct sales company or an MLM company as long as they are selling a product and paying commissions on a product and not on "head hunting". Virtual Profit Academy pays no "recruiting" fees...only commissions when someone makes a product (service) purchase.
    5. Is Boris96 a lawyer? I seriously doubt it. To take heed of a statement or legal advice that "a 2-up is obviously illegal" in a public forum where people might be fooled into taking advice from an amateur isn't very smart.
    6. Furthermore...the IRS doesn't monitor business law...they collect taxes. The IRS's job is not to pass judgement on whether or not a business is legal other than in the area of taxation. To make a statement that a person can get in trouble when they report their taxes when they are participating in an MLM program or a direct sales program (such as VPA) might mislead people into being afraid to report their taxes...and THAT...as everyone here well knows... will DEFINITELY get you in hot water.
    7. Finally...the last post here from username "Raidertl" is unfounded. If this person is a customer of VPA, he (or she) should just call us if he feels he is owed any compensation for sales made. He obviously is being very careful to keep his real name hidden and is therefore very difficult to believe. If he is reading this right now, I would suggest calling Virtual Profit Academy at 813-579-5443 immediately if he (or she) feels that money is owed. Sending email to us is not the way to get assistance. We work strictly on a trackable support ticket system...not by phone...and not by email....and yes...we do deal with all support tickets.
    In case any of you are wondering...this is Gary Danko...one of the founders of Virtual Profit Academy...and no...I'm not afraid to let you know who I am because I have nothing to hide...and I have better things to do than sit around and gossip about other companies.

Those of you who are in this forum looking for "advice"...you won't find good advice in forums such as these.

All you will find is people who have nothing better to do than sit around and advise people against things that will actually help them.

I've been involved in network marketing and direct sales for 25 years now and I can tell you first hand that most of the companies out there are legit.

Sure...there are a few that are scams run by con artists, but they are pretty obvious. (Most of them offer no product or service...and only talk about money, money, money...usually with "no work required"...that's a laugh).

I've earned a great deal of money and made a legitimate living in the home-based business industry for most of my life.

It's well worth it to learn the ropes...but be caseful who you "learn" from. Make sure they are actually who they say they are.

Anyone can sit around in forums and pretend they know what they are talking about...but how successful are they in real life?

Are you willing to take advice from a person who has never been successful at anything?

Are you willing to take advice from a poor person?

What can a person who has never been successful in a home business tell you about running...or especially choosing a good business?

Sometimes you just have to think things through :rryumy:.

It's always better to go to the source when you want information about a company.

My phone number is 1 (813) 579-5443 if any of you wish to give me a call. I promise to take your call or at least return your call if I'm busy when you call. Good people don't need to hide behind computers.

Positively,
    Gary Danko - Founder
    Virtual Profit Academy
    1 (813) 579-5443

15. 04-08-2009, 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=garydee;570787]It always amazes me to read some of the opinions passed around in these forums by those with no legal knowledge of the network marketing industry.

Sure...a scam is a scam...and there are enough real scams out there to warrant a place to report them...as long as there is a way to legitimate the claims.

[LIST=1][*]Virtual Profit Academy is not a pyramid scheme. It offers 3 products and commissions are ONLY paid when product sales are made. Many of the customers are just that...customers...and they take part in the various courses, teleseminars, webinars and seminars that are offered.[*]Virtual Profit Academy is not a 2-up compensation plan as stated by one of the posters here. If a person decides to refer other customers who purchase the courses and/or seminars, he or she gets paid for each and every sale made (including the first two). We agree that people should be paid for their work.

Just wanted to mention that Gary told me in an email that he keeps his word, and would pay me this by the end of March '09. It is now into April, and for whatever reason he has not paid up. Yeah, he says he's made a great deal of money, and I don't know how many people he owes commission too, but it's unfortunate that he just can't pay up his back owed commisions. This has been going on for over a yr now, and I'm still waiting. Dunno, maybe he thinks I'll just give up and go away, but I won't. Especially in these times, I could use this money. Sad that he just can't settle this with me.
    Tony

Team BeachBody - There is NO other business out there like it!
    www.pushplay2succeed.com
    www.earnwithustoday.com
    3 Min. 24/7 Overview: (760) 406-9309

Just wanted to mention that Gary told me in an email that he keeps his word, and would pay me this by the end of March '09. It is now into April, and for whatever reason he has not paid up. Yeah, he says he's made a great deal of money, and I don't know how many people he owes commission too, but it's unfortunate that he just can't pay up his back owed commisions. This has been going on for over a yr now, and I'm still waiting. Dunno, maybe he thinks I'll just give up and go away, but I won't. Especially in these times, I could use this money. Sad that he just can't settle this with me.
    Tony

Team BeachBody - There is NO other business out there like it!
    www.pushplay2succeed.com
    www.earnwithustoday.com
    3 Min. 24/7 Overview: (760) 406-9309

18. 10-13-2009, 12:40 PM

Reason
    spam