+ Reply to Thread

Does anyone know if RJ & Makay is a scam or if it is legitimate?

Is there anyone out there that actually WORKS for RJ & Makay as a recruiter and can tell me that you can legitimately make a significant income? If you are going to bash this company just because you believe that all WAH jobs are scams...please don't reply. I need some honest answers. Thanks!

Re: Does anyone know if RJ & Makay is a scam or if it is legitimate?

Quote Originally Posted by SAHM
    Is there anyone out there that actually WORKS for RJ & Makay as a recruiter and can tell me that you can legitimately make a significant income? If you are going to bash this company just because you believe that all WAH jobs are scams...please don't reply. I need some honest answers. Thanks!
    I don't know, but I bet that if you do some research you yourself could come up with an answer I believe. Here's a link that will get you started;

http://www.mlmwatchdog.com/MLM_DUE_DILIGENCE.html

(NOT an affiliate link! :D )

Hope that helps some!

Good luck in your efforts.

It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you

think you are not.

~ Denis Waitley
    Kerry

Re: Does anyone know if RJ & Makay is a scam or if

I actually work for RJ & Makay. I love it, they pay me, and the other recruiters on the team love it, too. It's real! You do have to do the work to earn the commissions, but they train you, provide all the resources needed, and you never have to pay one penny. It's a legitimate contractor assignment, so if you're a good recruiter, go for it! The CEO is 100% ethical. Visit the RJ&Makay website and feel free to contact anyone on the "contact us" page to get a better feel for the team, and you won't be disappointed.

I also work for RJ & Makay. I think it's a great opportunity and a wonderful company to work for! If you are willing to put in the work you will make money.

Stay away from them. They all say the same thing and you don't really make the money.

Just speaking from my personal experience/ I am a recruiter with the company as well.....they are VERY legit. I am doing this part time for now due to other obligations. I have been with them since March of 2008. BELIEVE me if I could go full time I would. We work with reputable companies that are well known and some of them are listed under the clients tab. The support is excellent. The training is very good. I am very confident in the job that I do to help others and if you truly want to help others and make a difference in other peoples lives then this is a GREAT place in which to do so. Everyone is professional and very knowledgeable in this field. For those who may have doubts...here is the link LINK REMOVED click on anything on the page and also as a previous poster stated click on contact us. I did that when I first found the site and although the person I spoke to could not help me she put me in touch with someone in the company who could and as they say the rest is history. It does take a couple of months to get the pipeline rolling. They do pay. I have received pay for 2 placements and have 2 more on their way. Keep in mind I am part-time. I know other recruiters have been paid as well. I have never had any issues....and as another poster stated it is flexible I too have children and it is nice to know that if I need a day off or an afternoon to do something all I have to do is not schedule myself. No asking "the boss" if I can have the day off.....I AM THE BOSS. As with anything no matter what job or position you do....there will be good days and bad. It is challenging at times but it does pay off if you are dilligent as with any job. If you want to be your own boss and have flexibility this is a great company in which to do so. I was concerned about the rip off report I saw...(a disgruntled ex-worker who never really gave it a good try)....but no longer because I have tried it for myself. Only you can make the decision for yourself.
    Last edited by katiescorner; 09-11-2008 at 07:14 AM.

It IS a scam, look what I found from ripoffreport.com:

The company RJ, Makay & Associates is a fraud. They post recruiting jobs on Career Builder and Monster and they have you cold call thousands of Financial Advisors to see if they will move to another company.
    The ploy is that if one of these Financial Advisors move, you are supposed to receive thousands of dollars. But what truly happens is that most people work for a few months and generate hundreds of leads and then the company forces you out.
    Eventually, your candidates get placed but if they are not placed within 6 months, you get NOTHING! And what the company doesn't tell you is that it is virtually impossible for a candidate to get placed within 6 months. Therefore, all along, they know that you will not earn anything and they will pocket all your hard earned money.
    The owner of the company and his recruiting manager (Darin Manis and Jason Kirkland) keep all the money for themselves. They are absolute crooks and they are completely illegitimate. Don't work for them or do any business with them. STAY AWAY!
    Joe

I got an email from them, two actually and it looked like a copy and paste. Really obvious.

They are a real company HOWEVER! When you first start they train you in a group. They give you 2 weeks to set 6 appointments (this is a appointment setter position). Your job is to contact a list of financial advisors and set an appointment for them to meet with a recruiter for various firms rj & makay represent. If you're able to set 6 in 2 weeks you're in! If you don't they either cut you OR if they like you they will hire you for their commission only position. Now, if you completed the six they have you sign forms like any other company and you sign a contract that states your salary. Right now they are paying 30K salary plus a small commission. Sounds good right? Well, you only get to keep that Salary if you're hot (setting up appointments like a mad (wo)man). They offer you support and call you almost everyday to check in on your progress and to see how you're doing. Once your performance takes a dip they immediately cut your salary and move you to commission only (they may let you go but will probably wait for you to quit first). The list of numbers to call are dated back to 2007 and earlier and have been called numerous times. It's not impossible to set appointments but it's not easy either. There are no benefits with this job (no medical, dental or life insurance). IMO this is not a job someone can be at for 10, 15 plus years unless you work at the corporate office in Colorado. Even then, they also go through their main recruiters (Regional Directors) often too. So it seems as if everyone is expendable. Good luck with commissions. There is very poor communication when it comes to commission. Some past employees have complained they have not received payouts :zx11pissed: AND as a heads up, you must be employed to get any commissions. So, if they let you go, there goes all your hard work down the drain and into their pockets. Good Luck if you're thinking about working for them.

I think there is no need to join the company. I have read a few reviews and people seem to day that it is all a scam.