Poll: Should the missing soldiers wife be deported?

+ Reply to Thread

Deporting the Missing Iraq soldiers Wife...yay or nay

Is this right? Jimenez married his illegal alien wife 3 years ago, and is now considered MIA in Iraq but there is a good chance he is dead. What should our government do with her?

Missing soldier's wife faces deportation, lawyer says
    POSTED: 9:06 a.m. EDT, June 20, 2007
    BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- The wife of a U.S. soldier missing in Iraq could face deportation, her attorney told a television station.

Army Spc. Alex R. Jimenez, who has been missing since his unit was attacked by insurgents in Iraq on May 12, had petitioned for a green card for his wife, Yaderlin, whom he married in 2004, Boston's WBZ-TV reported Tuesday.

Their attorney, Matthew Kolken, said Yaderlin illegally entered the United States from the Dominican Republic in 2001. Her husband's request for a green card and legal residence status for her alerted authorities to her situation, Kolken said.

The attorney said his client would not be eligible for a green card under normal circumstances, but he is seeking a hardship waiver for her. If she were to have to leave the United States, she would have to wait 10 years before reapplying.

"I can't imagine a bigger injustice than that, to be deporting someone's wife who is fighting and possibly dying for our country," Kolken told the station.

An immigration judge put a temporary stop to the proceedings since Alex Jimenez was reported missing. The soldier's wife is living with family members in Pennsylvania, the station reported.

Re: Deporting the Missing Iraq soldiers Wife...yay or nay

Wow, I didnt hear about this. Why is she beind deported is she married an American citizen? A police officer(James Naim) in my area was shot killed in Aliquippa, PA a few years back and his wife was a European immigrant and she got to stay. Why not let this lady stay? Especially if they have kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by gussser
    DC You post on so many different subjects that it hard to keep up with it all. Unconfuse me---ARE YOU JEWISH?????
    Take the Quiz! Are you left?Right? Middle?

The Quiz!

does no one have an interest in this topic? it encompasses immigration and the war in iraq...
    personally i voted for special circumstance, but that is a complete 180 from my stance that amnesty is basically a pardon for breaking the law, just like this woman did. but, this isnt a case with 12 million people, its one case that is already in the legal system and therefore should be dealth with and ruled favorably for her, IMO

I think anybody who marries into the military should recieve citizenship.

I agree she should be allowed to stay. Her husband has paid the ultimate admission price.

I agree, she should be allowed to stay. She's still technically married to a US citizen. Not only that, but she has probably lost her husband. Isn't that already enough stress for one person?

She should be allowed to stay. This is a special circumstance, and she and her husband would have likely gone about getting her citizenship legally had their lives not been interrupted by Iraq.

She should stay.
    Also, there is NOT a tiger behind you.

Heh, made you look.

She should stay if for no other reason than respect for her soldier husband.