+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christianity

Christianity

Christianity is a scam. http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/jews-j...sus-index.html

The Jewish tradition of "The Messiah" has its foundation in numerous biblical references, and understands "The Messiah" to be a human being - without any overtone of deity or divinity - who will bring about certain changes in the world and fulfill certain criteria before he can be acknowledged as "The Messiah".

First of all, he must be Jewish - "...you may appoint a king over you, whom the L-rd your G-d shall choose: one from among your brethren shall you set as king over you." (Deuteronomy 17:15)

He must be a member of the tribe of Judah - "The staff shall not depart from Judah, nor the sceptre from between his feet..." (Genesis 49:10)

To be a member of the tribe of Judah, the person must have a biological father who is a member of the tribe of Judah.

He must be a direct male descendant of King David and King Solomon, his son - "And when your days (David) are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who shall issue from your bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will make firm the throne of his kingdom forever..." (2 Samuel 7:12 - 13)

The genealogy of the New Testament is inconsistent. While it gives two accounts of the genealogy of Joseph, it states clearly that he is not the biological father of Jesus. One of the genealogies is through Nathan and not Solomon altogether!

He must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel -"And he shall set up a banner for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." (Isaiah 11:12)

Are all Jews living in Israel? Have all Jews EVER lived in Israel since the time of Jesus?

He must rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem - "...and I will set my sanctuary in their midst forever and my tabernacle shall be with them.." (Ezekiel 37:26 - 27)

At last check, there is NO Temple in Jerusalem. And worse, it was shortly after Jesus died that the Temple was DESTROYED! Just the opposite of this prophecy!

He will rule at a time of world-wide peace - "...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Micah 4:3)

Have you seen a newspaper lately? Are we living in a state of complete world peace? Has there ever been peace since the time of Jesus?

He will rule at a time when the Jewish people will observe G-d's commandments - "My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow My ordinances and be careful to observe My statutes." (Ezekiel 37:24)

The Torah is the Jewish guide to life, and its commandments are the ones referred to here. Do all Jews observe all the commandments? Christianity, in fact, often discourages observance of the commandments in Torah, in complete opposition to this prophecy.

He will rule at a time when all people will come to acknowledge and serve one G-d - "And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, says the L-rd" (Isaiah 66:23)

there are still millions if not billions of people in the world today who adhere to paganistic and polytheistic religions. It is clear that we have not yet seen this period of human history unfold.

All of these criteria are best stated in the book of Ezekiel Chapter 37 verses 24-28:

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. they shall also follow My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Yaakov my servant, in which your fathers have dwelt and they shall dwell there, they and their children, and their children's children forever; and my servant David shall be their prince forever. Moreover, I will make a covenant of peace with them, it shall be an everlasting covenant with them, which I will give them; and I will multiply them and I will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore. And my tabernacle shall be with them: and I will be their G-d and they will be my people. Then the nations shall know that I am the L-rd who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary will be in the midst of them forevermore.

If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be "The Messiah." A careful analysis of these criteria shows us that to date, no one has fulfilled every condition.

Certainly NOT Jesus.

Re: Christianity

jesus who? that roman butt boy?

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad
    Christianity is a scam. http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/jews-j...sus-index.html

The Jewish tradition of "The Messiah" has its foundation in numerous biblical references, and understands "The Messiah" to be a human being - without any overtone of deity or divinity - who will bring about certain changes in the world and fulfill certain criteria before he can be acknowledged as "The Messiah".

First of all, he must be Jewish - "...you may appoint a king over you, whom the L-rd your G-d shall choose: one from among your brethren shall you set as king over you." (Deuteronomy 17:15)

He must be a member of the tribe of Judah - "The staff shall not depart from Judah, nor the sceptre from between his feet..." (Genesis 49:10)

To be a member of the tribe of Judah, the person must have a biological father who is a member of the tribe of Judah.

He must be a direct male descendant of King David and King Solomon, his son - "And when your days (David) are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who shall issue from your bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will make firm the throne of his kingdom forever..." (2 Samuel 7:12 - 13)

The genealogy of the New Testament is inconsistent. While it gives two accounts of the genealogy of Joseph, it states clearly that he is not the biological father of Jesus. One of the genealogies is through Nathan and not Solomon altogether!

He must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel -"And he shall set up a banner for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." (Isaiah 11:12)

Are all Jews living in Israel? Have all Jews EVER lived in Israel since the time of Jesus?

He must rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem - "...and I will set my sanctuary in their midst forever and my tabernacle shall be with them.." (Ezekiel 37:26 - 27)

At last check, there is NO Temple in Jerusalem. And worse, it was shortly after Jesus died that the Temple was DESTROYED! Just the opposite of this prophecy!

He will rule at a time of world-wide peace - "...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Micah 4:3)

Have you seen a newspaper lately? Are we living in a state of complete world peace? Has there ever been peace since the time of Jesus?

He will rule at a time when the Jewish people will observe G-d's commandments - "My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow My ordinances and be careful to observe My statutes." (Ezekiel 37:24)

The Torah is the Jewish guide to life, and its commandments are the ones referred to here. Do all Jews observe all the commandments? Christianity, in fact, often discourages observance of the commandments in Torah, in complete opposition to this prophecy.

He will rule at a time when all people will come to acknowledge and serve one G-d - "And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, says the L-rd" (Isaiah 66:23)

there are still millions if not billions of people in the world today who adhere to paganistic and polytheistic religions. It is clear that we have not yet seen this period of human history unfold.

All of these criteria are best stated in the book of Ezekiel Chapter 37 verses 24-28:

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. they shall also follow My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Yaakov my servant, in which your fathers have dwelt and they shall dwell there, they and their children, and their children's children forever; and my servant David shall be their prince forever. Moreover, I will make a covenant of peace with them, it shall be an everlasting covenant with them, which I will give them; and I will multiply them and I will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore. And my tabernacle shall be with them: and I will be their G-d and they will be my people. Then the nations shall know that I am the L-rd who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary will be in the midst of them forevermore.

If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be "The Messiah." A careful analysis of these criteria shows us that to date, no one has fulfilled every condition.

Certainly NOT Jesus.

Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
    A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
    You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness,
    Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
    With the oil of joy above Your fellows.
    Psalm 45:6-7

(David was the highest ranked human in Israel, and yet he wrote of two who were above him):

The LORD says to my Adon;
    “Sit at My right hand
    Until I make Your enemies a
    Footstool for Your feet”
    Psalm 110:1

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image..”
    Genesis 1:26a

“Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, and
    His Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
    “I am the first and I am the last,
    And there is no God besides Me.”

Isaiah 44:6

Where is that written?

Hasn't happened yet.

Hasn't happened yet.

Certainly NOT Jesus.
    Read Daniel 7. A false messiah will come first. He will arise out of the ocean, according to Revelation (he will be Greek - a Gentile).

A man will come, a 'great military leader', head of the Beast of 10 horns (the revived Roman Empire - Europe), who will claim to be a descendant of Solomon (and hence David).
    After the Syrian-Israeli War, and the Gog/Magog/Libya/Persian/Ethiopian event in Megiddo, he'll then show up.

He will have a 7-year covenant with Israel, to which he will thus break at the 3 1/2 year point.

Israel as a nation has just gone past 40 years (1 generation), after obtaining Jerusalem, still rejecting the true Messiah. As things go, the LORD will give the nation of Israel what they want.

At the end of the 7 years, when Jerusalem is surrounded by her enemies, THEN they will cry out to the true Messiah.

Then the LORD said to me,
    "Throw it to the potter, that magnificent price at which
    I was valued by them."
    So I took the 30 pieces of silver and threw them
    to the potter in the house of the LORD.

Zech 11:13

Thus declares the LORD...(Zech 12:1)

"I will pour out on the house of David and on the
    inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of
    supplication, so that they will look on Me whom
    they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him,
    as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep
    bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a
    firstborn."

Zech 12:10
    Last edited by EveryKnee; 06-21-2007 at 09:51 AM.

1. The Hebrew Bible verses quoted by Christians appear in bold and are referred to as "verses under discussion."

Genesis 1:1
    In the begining G--d created the heavens and the earth.

Wherever their true meaning is contextual, they are quoted within context.
    Genesis 4:1
    And the man knew Eve, his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain; and she said: "I have acquired a man with the L--rd."

2. If the verses quoted in the ensuing discussion are from the Hebrew Bible, they appear in the following typeset:
    Isaiah 44:6
    I am the First, and I am the Last, and besides Me there is no G--d.

3. If the verses quoted in the ensuing discussion are from the New Testament, they appear in the following typeset:
    John 10:31
    The Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Then the spirit of G--d took possession of Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest;...and they conspired against him, and by the command of the king they stoned him with stones in the court of the House of the L--rd.
    New Testament Distortion

Matthew 23:35

...that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the Sanctuary and the altar.

Zechariah was the son of Jehoiada, not Barachiah.

I Samuel 21:2

Then David came to Nob, to Ahimelech the priest, and Ahimelech came to meet David trembling, and said to him: "Why are you alone, and no man with you?"
    New Testament Distortion

Mark 2:25--26

And he [Jesus] said to them: "Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry, he and those who were with him; how he entered the House of G--d, when Abiathar was high priest,..."

Ahimelech was high priest at that time. Only after his death (I Samuel 22:18) did his son, Abiathar, succeed him:
    I Samuel 30:7

And David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelech....

II Samuel 5:6--7

And the king and his men went to Jerusalem against the Jebusites....David took the stronghold of Zion, the same is the city of David.
    New Testament Distortion

Luke 2:4--5

And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be enrolled with Mary, his betrothed wife who was with child.

Jerusalem, not Bethlehem, is called the "city of David."

Genesis 11:26

When Terah had lived seventy years he became the father of Abram....
    Genesis 12:4

...Abram was seventy--five years old when he departed from Haran.
    Genesis 11:32

The days of Terah were 205 years and Terah died in Haran.
    New Testament Distortion

Acts 7:4

Then he [Abraham] departed from the land of the Chaldeans, and lived in Haran. And after his father died, G--d removed him from there into the land [in which] you are now living.

Abraham left Haran when Terah was 145 (70+75), which was sixty years before Terah died (205 - 145).

And the sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two souls; all the souls of the house of Jacob that came into Egypt were seventy.
    New Testament Distortion

Acts 7:14

And Joseph sent and called to him Jacob his father and his kindred; seventy--five souls

Joshua 24:32

The bones of Joseph, which the children of Israel brought up from Egypt, were buried in Shechem, in the portion of ground that Jacob bought from the sons of Hamor, the father of Shechem, for one hundred pieces of money; and they became the inheritance of the children of Joseph.
    New Testament Distortion

Acts 7:15--16

And Jacob went down into Egypt, and he died, he and our fathers, and they were carried over to Shechem and laid in the tomb that Abraham had bought for the sum of money from the sons of Hamor of Shechem.

Only Joseph was buried in Shechem, and Jacob bought the plot, not Abraham.

Exodus 14:22

And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea on dry land; the waters were a wall to them on their right side and on their left.
    New Testament Distortion

I Corinthians 10:1

I want you to know, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized to Moses in the cloud and in the sea....

One is baptized in water, not under a cloud, and the Jews stood on dry land, not in the sea itself.

And those that died by the plague were 24,000.
    New Testament Distortion

I Corinthians 10:8

We must not indulge in fornication as some of them did, and 23,000 fell in a single day.

Galatians 3:16

Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his seed. It does not say, "and to his seeds," referring to many, but, referring to one, "and to your seed," which is Christ.

The Hebrew word zera (seed) is invariably used in the singular when referring to progeny, whether one person or many are meant. For example, wherever G--d promised to bless Abraham's "seed," his descendants were intended:
    Genesis 13:16

I will make your seed as the dust of the earth; so that if one could count the dust of the earth, then your seed would also be counted.
    Genesis 15:13

Then the L--rd said to Abram: "Know for sure that your seed will be sojourners in a land that is not theirs, and they will be slaves there, and they will be oppressed for four hundred years."
    Genesis 26:4

...and I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and will give to your seed all these lands...
    Genesis 22:17

...I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and as the sand upon the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies; and through your seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have hearkened to My voice.