+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

In Regards To A Certain Posting Style

I've been meaning to get this out regarding the way certain individuals post constantly, regarding Zionism. Also, those whose posts fall under this description aesthetically, but who largely don't post this way:

All I ever see is a giant wall of text with some hysterical bolding.

Even if I do agree with you (I may or may not -- I have no idea), I'm so affronted by the way in which you present information that I am inclined not to read. I doubt I'm alone. I'm really, really tired of the giant syrupy scoops of emotional manipulation that seem to be part and parcel to each initial thread.

Impassioned people frequently forget their audience(s), and therefore their communication becomes very egotistical and self-serving, even when they set out initially with rather selfless goals.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Re: In Regards To A Certain Posting Style

I'm glad you got that off you chest now. It won't change anything but it's off your chest.

:D

Lady Mod

i know what you mean. even though im an almighty zionist lover, i just cant seem to read those posts because of the way in which they are presented.

I wish people would stop doing this and just offer a "redux" with the most important points with a link to the entire article. Like I said this is a forum not a newswire, I want to hear the poster's opinion more than anything. When I see a "wall of text" it really has to be something good for me to read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gussser
    DC You post on so many different subjects that it hard to keep up with it all. Unconfuse me---ARE YOU JEWISH?????
    Take the Quiz! Are you left?Right? Middle?

The Quiz!

Quote Originally Posted by luciano
    I wish people would stop doing this and just offer a "redux" with the most important points with a link to the entire article. Like I said this is a forum not a newswire, I want to hear the poster's opinion more than anything. When I see a "wall of text" it really has to be something good for me to read it.

And I work so diligently to highlight the important stuff in the article.

People don't click and read the articles, which is why I post the entire article when I post. Unless it's 4 pages long, then it better be good to go to all the trouble of posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    And I work so diligently to highlight the important stuff in the article.

People don't click and read the articles, which is why I post the entire article when I post. Unless it's 4 pages long, then it better be good to go to all the trouble of posting it.

Thats true you do bold the parts that you think are important. If I really was interested in the post, I might click the link, but you are right probably not. I guess Im not really complaining about your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by gussser
    DC You post on so many different subjects that it hard to keep up with it all. Unconfuse me---ARE YOU JEWISH?????
    Take the Quiz! Are you left?Right? Middle?

The Quiz!

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    I've been meaning to get this out regarding the way certain individuals post constantly, regarding Zionism. Also, those whose posts fall under this description aesthetically, but who largely don't post this way:

All I ever see is a giant wall of text with some hysterical bolding.

Even if I do agree with you (I may or may not -- I have no idea), I'm so affronted by the way in which you present information that I am inclined not to read. I doubt I'm alone. I'm really, really tired of the giant syrupy scoops of emotional manipulation that seem to be part and parcel to each initial thread.

Impassioned people frequently forget their audience(s), and therefore their communication becomes very egotistical and self-serving, even when they set out initially with rather selfless goals.

Elaborate please. The main points in my articles I highlight and enlarge to make it easier for others to discern.

Trying to persuade me to one's viewpoint with disgusting, garish pictures, boldface type, strings of loaded adjectives, and disingenuous rhetorical questions is both childish and patronizing.

Do I need to elaborate further? I'm not talking about just you, but the posting style of a number of people here.

Trying to persuade me to one's viewpoint with disgusting, garish pictures, boldface type, strings of loaded adjectives, and disingenuous rhetorical questions is both childish and patronizing.

Do I need to elaborate further? I'm not talking about just you, but the posting style of a number of people here.
    Ya, but those are just the Zionist threads you are referring to. The same threads you want gelled into one forum by themselves.

Just don't read them. It works for me. :D

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Ya, but those are just the Zionist threads you are referring to. The same threads you want gelled into one forum by themselves.

Just don't read them. It works for me. :D

Lady Mod
    No, I've seen plenty of "conservatives" posting in the same erratic style over the years. You even thought I was referring to you, although I hadn't noticed you posting in such a tacky style.

There are very few that actually articulate their opinions and when they do, they are chastised for being so ignorant??

Then the emotionally charged talking points, distorting the facts are what is offered as "fact", most obviously? Itís the same crap you hear from the bias commentaries of the day before in most cases!!

I try and ask questions, but it is hard to get someone to come out of their protective shell and actually have a conscious thought of their own, as a general rule.

I find it remarkable that the very people who say they do not trust the government, quote the government statistics when it suits their purpose, and attack the statistics that do not confirm to their party lines agenda?

Remarkable to say the least??

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack
    There are very few that actually articulate their opinions and when they do, they are chastised for being so ignorant??
    no one called anyone ignorant, but its interesting that you would refer to some of the posts as "articulating their opinions".

besides, the point was the way in which the articles are pasted, both how they look and the choice of words in them, not the actual opinions themselves.

Who is trying to persuade you of anything? You presume as much, and yet you remain indignant that an article articulated in a particular fashion which defies your status quo ideology is cause for a chat forum revolution. It is perplexing as to why you feel oppressed. A member has a choice of what they read. You are cognizant of those you aren't fond of, so why push the issue when it is in your control to ignore it ?
    Last edited by Americanadian; 06-20-2007 at 02:27 AM.

No, I've seen plenty of "conservatives" posting in the same erratic style over the years. You even thought I was referring to you, although I hadn't noticed you posting in such a tacky style.

I copy and paste articles most of the time, which was why I thought I was included in the complaint.

Though I try not to be tacky about it. ;)

Lady Mod

I was commenting on Luciano's post where he stated;

I want to hear the poster's opinion more than anything.
    ...and you are right, the comments directed at some are viscous personal attacks, especially when there is no come back! Ignorant was simply putting it mildly!

As far as the subject matter of the post, yes some of the copied links get monotonous at times, and I guess if that is all you have to go on, it's best to post the whole article rather than being accused of creative editing!

Quote Originally Posted by Americanadian
    Who is trying to persuade you of anything? You presume as much, and yet you remain indignant that an article articulated in a particular fashion which defies your status quo ideology is cause for a chat forum revolution. It is perplexing as to why you feel oppressed. A member has a choice of what they read. You are cognizant of those you aren't fond of, so why push the issue when it is in your control to ignore it ?
    Employ hyperbole much? Yeah, okay, I'm calling for a "revolution"... which I suppose is going to defy my own "status quo ideology"? When you throw down the coffee shop reactionary buzzwords, try to keep it straight conceptually.

Anyway, part of the reason I started this thread is to address that I get a lot of flack from conservatives on this board for not reacting to things that you, dchristie, username, etc post. I just wanted to explain that it's literally because it's usually a garish, unreadable wall of text filled with unnecessarily jarring emotional pleas and disturbing photos. Not due to any of its individual political content.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 06-20-2007 at 08:02 PM.