+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what did you dream about, last night?

Just curious to see what you all dreamed about last night. Last night would be last night you slept. So tell me what you dreamed about and be truthful

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: what did you dream about, last night?

Truth: dont recall dreaming last night. When, if I do I will post. I have dreamed quite a bit for the past several nights, with exception of last night. My dreams are usually very complicated.
    Also, I have some professional info. regarding dream symbology, as my wife and I were two members of an eight member dream group, intentionally kept small in order to include everyone in getting attention and being able to relate their dream.
    I don't recall that there was much analysis of the content. It ws suprising and amazing what some people [mostly women] revealed. Several of them had serious psychological issues stemming from abusive relationships and abuse in the home as children.
    They were very truthful. Sometimes shockingly and alarmingly. I had to respect and admire these people for relating their dreams and experiences. We were all required to take an oath of confidentiality that we would leave what was revealed and discussed in the private area in which we met and functioned.
    The group was led by a professional licensced Psychiarist. I am not aware that she was analyzing anyone. But possibly, she was collecting dream material, possibly for a book or Masters thesis. Although this is just an opinion on my part.
    I will have to say in this instance and several others of my experience that I personally observed and concluded that women as a whole are much more truthful and forthcoming than the average man [ I am man] Also, they seem to take risk in genuinely and spontaneously trusting people with personally sensitive information that could be compromising, but seem to know that those in such a group will respect and observe the agreements. Also, as a whole, women are more intuitive and sensitive. Notice I said "generally'; some-where around thirty percent of males are also. I will say that I also have gained the opinion that contrary to the typical idea that men are rugged and tough and can take just about anything, on the average, many men are very sensitive and fragile and can easily be brought down. Women are just the contrary, Not to say that it doesn't matter to them, but they can take it and bear up under it better than most men. SOmehow, it seems this is the lot and plight of the female, Perhaps due to the fact that the female represent the Eternal Mother figure. This semblenance typically must be tough, strong and bear most any hardship or dissappointment.
    Many dreams contain content of the "Collective-Unconscious". Meaning that some material is passed on from personal generation to generation and also some from humans of the past to humans of the preent. Some of it is very ancient. primordial and profound material. The average individual has no idea of who we humans really are, our abilities, tendencies and motivations. Most just live superficially from day to day, mostly on a conscious, materialistic basis. Because of this, many miss out on the circumstances of 'true-reality'. Problem is, someone cannot give this to you or tell you, profanely, how this is aquired. One has to be attuned to a different set of circumstances and values other than what average people are. The reason that many miss out on out true reality is because they are too ground, established, committed, in the material world. Meaning that they typically iodentify with the material circumstances, which establishes a coarse and basic life orientation.
    Other than the Collective Unconscious material, there are things referred to as Archetypes which are symbolic representations of typical human circumstances, for all of humanity, for all times and ages.
    For instance: the circumstance of the much talked about and discussed "Holy Grail"; there has been much speculation and many guesses as to what this really means. I believe that it in fact is not a material circumstance but refers to each of our individual being circumstance. We are of two qualities: material; the carnal/flesh and the spiritual/higher-self. The body is the "Chalice" which is container/vessel. The Spirit [not as in religion, but in actuality, is the "holy Grail". Many established relgions have profanded this circumstance, as some humans have cinning devised to conceive suystems through which they can gain/access dominion and control over other humans, merely for the purpose of monetary, material and egotistical gain. Trur spiritual systems and those that promote and support same seek to awake, activate anddevelope true spirituality in the indivdual, with no intent of the aforementioned agenda circumstances.
    However, most of the work must be done, accomplished by the individual. The reaching, seeking, desiring and finding sources and resources for same are a great part of the important work. No other than the individual can accomplish this in order for it to come in a profound and meaningful fashion.
    If you are sincerely interested in coming to terms with drea content, I suggest that you may want to start with Dr. Carl Jungs book on Dream Interpretation. Also, his book: "memories, Dreams and Reflections" and the book on "Madalas" and "Archetypes".
    Sigmund Freud accomplished some extensive dream work study and documentaion and interpretation. But DR. Maslow said of Dr. Freud that he was too much into his Ego to be very constructive in his observations and studies. Sigmund Freud also struggled with Heroin addiction.
    Last edited by coontie; 06-19-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Sigmund Freud also struggled with Heroin addiction.
    ...as well as morphine and cocaine. He used to tout cocaine as a wonder drug to treat almost any condition, and prescribed it en masse to his patients. So, in essence, he was one of the first major coke dealers in the US. ;)

Despite his flaws, he is the undisputed father of modern psychology... virtually every widely practiced branch of psychology came about either as the direct or indirect result of his work.

Well Galaxy... no dreams???

And Yossarin - you stuck your head in the door... what about you?

Lets have a dream!

Me? None yet. I know there are some other 'sly-ones' that are probably just the voyeur lurker types.. how 'bout breaking your cover and telling us about a dream.

I've written down some of my past - I have journaled them [my dreams]some. Don't tell me that I am going to have to resort to that?

Yeah, I know - the old game we played as kids: "show me yours and I will show you mine", right? :rolleyes: :eek:

Well... that's okay then... silence from me as well. Too bad!

Howdy, I just came on to this site today, and I was not dreaming much of anything, well i could of but i dont remember. But the other day, I had the oddest dream. I seen these miniature pigs I mean the size was so tiny like an inch in size, they were all white and in this soup, I was told that people were eating them ALIVE! I grossed out, but they kept showing me the tiny one inch pigs. LIke here eat them, and no I could not eat them. It was the oddest dream I ever remember having! Time to dream now!

Mostly all dreams seem strange, weird, nonsensical. But that is our conscious medium - our waking state that filters EVERYTHING through its 'critical filter' - that is why we as individuals tend to be judgmental of others. We seldom accept at face value. We seemingly always have to qualify, determine things according to our own personal specification, opinions, ideas.
    With that said, for whatever use it may or may not be to others or myself, when reflecting on this facet of our mental structure, I will have to say that dreams are of more true and accurate content than our conscious, waking state. The reason is is that the unconscious in a profound resevoir of knowledge; true knowledge at that. It does not go through the critical filter process. It is portrayed, carried out exactly as it is presented. However, it has to be experienced by the conscious mind to some extent to be remembered at any time later. there is other dream content that does not 'peak over' the conscious mind horizon so it is not remembered. There is more of this than the remembered content.
    I am just sharing those thoughts - I myself observe them as they emerge from my conscious; the discrimination, discerning portion. I often am not actually directly aware of some of this process until I think it out.
    Enough of that..
    A recent dream - a portion, as I seldom remember but just certain parts. Not being evasive, that is just the way it occurs. At least that I remember.
    An aside: in most all of my dreams it seemes to me that there are always at least two entities [individuals, if you will] present. In my being aware of this I always reflect and try to understand who they are - these two seperate presence. It seems one is directly experiencing and carrying out the dream experience, whatever it may be. The other it seems is just along as a companion and possibly an observer. But actually, since any dream any of us has an individual, the entire dream is US, the individual that is dreaming it.
    But I continue to find it interesting in regard to the two seperate entities and realizing their presence. That is something worthwhile, notable.
    Also, some dreams I have had years ago I still have some memory of them. I think this means they were really important in some manner.
    So here's a current dream, although as I said fragmented:
    Something is going on that I don't recall, then I am aware that I am entering a public place where a lot of other people are. It is perhaps like a shopping mall with many stores present. I go into a cafe area and purchase several snack items. I place them at a table where I wish to sit down. I feel that I want to buy some cigarettes [Camel brand] - I used to smoke, over twenty years ago, but quit. I didn't typically smoke Camel brand...
    Where I have to go to buy the cigarettes is at a small stand that is away from the cafe area. I leave there, recalling some passing concern that someone will take the table I have chosen, but go on. I proceed to buy the cigarettes. The clerk performing the cash sale becomes involved in such a complicated process in the issuing of a sales recipt on his machine. I am somewhat puzzled by the extent of the figures and seem to be questioning them. Then, I recall distinctly that he writes the number four with black marker at the bottom of the slip.
    I haven't tried to understand, analyze this dream. For that matter, I don't care to do same for those presenting dream material here. I take them just as they are.
    I will say though that the number four, possibly in this sense, pertains to the ancient four elements of Air, Earth, Fire and Water, of which ALL material things are constituted - created from. That is in the Carnal, or physical sense.
    The spirit matter, which is durable and survives death is the number one which represents Aether - the atomic particles. The zero or 0 is the Universe and Creation, therefore what is God, where all things originate, emerge from.
    I will share another facet of experience, without going into extensive detail.
    It regards "vision Quest', a Native American preactice. Also referred to as "being placed on a blamket". One undegoes purification by participating in a sweat lodge. They are then taken alone to a remote spot and left there for three days, regardless of weather, other present circumstances, including animals that may be around. They are subjected to the elements and are deprived of food and water. During this time, they experience visions, which are actually dreaming, as this material surfaces, emerges from the unconscious, mainly due to isolation and the discomforts of deprivation.
    WHen the session is finished, someone comes and gets them - has actually been checking on them the whole time of which they were unaware. Then they [the subject] is required to tell his vision/s to the Shaman. This material then becomes the property of the Shaman, as they are being spoken to through the individual from another world.
    Same is true at S u n D a n c e [had to space, as the software here stars out certain words, as though disallowed, even though this word seems reasonable]. At this ceremony some people have vision, see things all around them and are not necessarily the daners and are not deprived. People attending this ceremony do become altered and have vision experiences. It is a very profound occasion. But one should not go for the curosity or novelty.
    But anyone attending will come away changed. It is a 'baptism' of a sort; similiar experience, although prolonged for several days.
    I think the Native American people have some of the most powerful and profound and REAL ceremony of any group of people.

I dreamed that there was an evil train, and I transformed into a fire dragon and destroyed it... :confused:
    HASTA LA VISTA
    SEE YOU NEXT PROGRAM

I was getting my hair cut and the woman that did it sucked, then some how I dissapeared through the roof of the restaurant into the bathroom and then reappeared but then she refused to finish it. Then I was walking down the hallway of some wierd school

Thats all I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    Just curious to see what you all dreamed about last night. Last night would be last night you slept. So tell me what you dreamed about and be truthful
    Will there be a point to it, if I tell you?
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    I was getting my hair cut and the woman that did it sucked, then some how I dissapeared through the roof of the restaurant into the bathroom and then reappeared but then she refused to finish it. Then I was walking down the hallway of some wierd school

Thats all I remember.
    talk about marvelous - isn't it amazing what the mind can do? This gives some insight into how it works. It seems very straight forward and matter of fact. Seems to cut out all of the "by the ways" and just gets to the point.
    It seems it is a lesson in conserving mental energy... :rolleyes:
    Last edited by coontie; 06-28-2007 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    Will there be a point to it, if I tell you?
    ummm, maybe some recreation for you and others. Nobodys analyzing anything. If they are, so what? Your anonymous and in a virtual place.

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    ummm, maybe some recreation for you and others. Nobodys analyzing anything. If they are, so what? Your anonymous and in a virtual place.
    Well, okay, I'm game.

I had a dream that I was in a warm country, it seemed like a country in the Med.

I was sharing an apartment with a friend.

It had a balcony, I remember that.

I was in a car outside, with my ex g/f.

We split up in 2001, officially.

I last saw her circa 2003.

We were just sitting in the car chatting, reflecting on what went wrong, etc.

She took my hand and placed it on her breast.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    Well, okay, I'm game.

I had a dream that I was in a warm country, it seemed like a country in the Med.

I was sharing an apartment with a friend.

It had a balcony, I remember that.

I was in a car outside, with my ex g/f.

We split up in 2001, officially.

I last saw her circa 2003.

We were just sitting in the car chatting, reflecting on what went wrong, etc.

She took my hand and placed it on her breast.
    and?....
    don't you hate when you wake up right when a dream is about to be really good? :D
    "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true."

Quote Originally Posted by Qi123
    and?....
    don't you hate when you wake up right when a dream is about to be really good? :D
    I have those dreams about her often.

Well, at least a few every year, and they are never surreal or angry, they are always very real, and a little sad, I wake up feeling a little sad.

The odd thing is, that most times when I have one, and I know it is coincidence, she sends me an e mail, right out of the blue.

The e mail never says much, the last time I got one, it just said, how are you, then I will hear nothing for months, again.

:confused:

last week, thursday night I dreamt I was able to control the weather. I was outside and I wanted it to rain a little. It started to drizzle and I went inside. When I looked through the window, There was a dense layer of clouds and it was raining heavily. That same night, I dreamt I was inside a horror movie. It wasn't a nightmare. In the end I destroyed the hand and eye of evil. By doing so the evil forces got sucked in some sort of blackhole. Then we (me and some people I don't know) appeared in a room with presents.
    "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true."