+ Reply to Thread

transfer money job

I'm not certain if this is a scam or not. I am not required to provide any bank account numbers.

An company in Germany wants to be able to have their customers send checks to me. I deposit the checks and then I transfer the money to the company in Germany. Having been caught by an overpayment scam before I'm more than a little concerned. The only thing I provide them though is a snail mail address. Have you heard of this before? Of course they insist that they're legal. I've written the German consulate to ask about the name of the company as I don't see a web site for them.

They claim to be an advertising customer and I'm helping to process orders. I'm also worried it could be something illegal that they're selling. Any ideas on how I can investigate?

Becky

Re: transfer money job

It is called payment processing scam. And since you have been caught one time, I would thought you knew better than step twice in the same pile of crap.

There is not need for investigation. In developed countries there are no such jobs as receiving checks from customer outside office or a bank. They are all scams.

Actually I would have thought people would have been polite to a person who is trying to check a situation out carefully but I will consider the info.

Becky

Quote Originally Posted by bmcellis
    Actually I would have thought people would have been polite to a person who is trying to check a situation out carefully but I will consider the info.

Becky
    I was polite. I am sorry if you offended by words like crap. I just have never heard about anyone who would even look at that kind of "offer" after being scammed that way already. And I saw thousands of this kind of scams on this forum.

once a fish always a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Skulles
    once a fish always a fish
    Except for the old adage, "ffol me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Hi,

Please don't get in to trap. There is no way to do business with the customers in other countries without providing LC or BG. for getting LC or BG, definitely the need a genuine bank account. so, definitely this is a scam. Only people who smuggle goods might be processing funds in this way.