+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Re: Network Marketing - The Reality

So, ....nothing new Re: The Reality Of Network Marketing, huh?

I figured jokey might get something from it...though, I doubt it...A mind is like a parachute...& Jokey's is CLOSED.

...here's some food for thought...

Want to know what defines a pyramid scheme? You don’t need to be an MLM expert, or lawyer, or Attorney General to figure it out. The qualification is so utterly simple. Just ask the same question that the FTC asked of Amway in 1979. Can the last person still make money? Not only is it that simple, I’m not even paraphrasing legalese. That’s literally the question the court asked (obviously, in the case of Amway, they said Yes). The ignorant position holds that you can’t be a pyramid scheme as long as you have a legitimate product. Yet, every single company that has been attacked by a state of federal regulator for pyramid violations has had some kind of product. Some, like Equinox and Jewelway, had great products. The trick is, it’s not the presence of a product that matters, it’s the motivation for buying them that regulators look at. In other words, if only distributors are buying the products and few, if any, can realistically mark up the products and retail them to non-distributors, then the last person in can’t make money. If recruits are the only one’s buying the product, then you have to keep recruiting to make money. If the distributors are buying the products because they actually want the products, that’s fine too. Ask yourself, would most (not just a few, but the vast majority) of these people still buy these products if there were no income opportunity involved? If the answer is NO, don’t touch. And just because a company pays on legitimate, retailable products, doesn’t mean they can pay on distributor training or enrollment fees as well. Just because all the commissionable products are retailable doesn’t mean you can buy $5,000 worth just to qualify for the Platinum-With-Diamonds-In-It Presidential Executive position in the compensation plan, or that the primary motive for joining might still be the hype attached to their compensation plan or recruiting system. And just because other companies have been getting away with it doesn’t mean yours will.

Sure, there is the occasional shade of gray which requires a little research and studying to interpret. But like I said, the resources are everywhere, and they are easy to understand. Check out www.mlmlaw.com or www.mlmatty.com for everything you ever wanted, or could know about what defines an illegal pyramid. My own site at www.insidenm.com has an abundance of such information.

There is also an abundance of good, qualify, legally sound network marketing opportunities to choose from. They’re not hard to find either. They’re the one’s that don’t make ridiculous claims about their products, which people are actually buying because they like them. They have merit based compensation plans, and they’re training and support systems involve, God forbid, doing some of the work yourself. That has been the formula for long lasting financial success in this industry for over 65 years. Nothing will ever change it.

If every network marketing distributor were to spend no more than two hours, total, doing nothing more than perusing the five web sites listed in this article, pyramid schemes could be wiped off the face of the Earth forever, and not one person would ever again see their family’s livelihood crumble into a pile of regulatory rubble. But, alas, at least half would read it all, then ignore it. It wouldn’t support what they want to believe.

It’s just human nature.
    That "human nature" stuff sure is a mutha...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    So, ....nothing new Re: The Reality Of Network Marketing, huh?

I figured jokey might get something from it...though, I doubt it...A mind is like a parachute...& Jokey's is CLOSED.

...here's some food for thought...

That "human nature" stuff sure is a mutha...
    Good post....its what I've been saying for years on here, its about the motivation for buying the products that count.....do people really want them, or are they just for bonus qualification?

Can the last person in make money is an excellent question. In other words, can you make money without recruiting people?
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Good post....its what I've been saying for years on here, its about the motivation for buying the products that count.....do people really want them, or are they just for bonus qualification?
    Funny how that desire for the product fades away when the dreams of residual income fades away.

Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Funny how that desire for the product fades away when the dreams of residual income fades away.

What a LOAD...

I've been using Oxyfresh toothpaste for 20+ years now, ONLY cause I like the product...I've met many others that feel the same way about other great products found in Direct Sales...

Sorry if you don't like that fact but, there it is!

See that any time you feel pained or defeated, it is only because you insist on clinging to what doesn't work. Dare to let go and you won't lose a thing except for a punishing idea.

~ Guy Finley
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

What a LOAD...

I've been using Oxyfresh toothpaste for 20+ years now, ONLY cause I like the product...I've met many others that feel the same way about other great products found in Direct Sales...

Sorry if you don't like that fact but, there it is!
    Sure, there will be some exceptions. But in general, what I have said it true. The MLM attrition rate backs up my claim.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Sure, there will be some exceptions. But in general, what I have said it true. The MLM attrition rate backs up my claim.
    Perfect...how fitting!

The narrower the mind, the broader the statement.

~ Ted Cook
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Perfect...how fitting!

The narrower the mind, the broader the statement.

~ Ted Cook
    Yes, you provide quotes but no actual information with substance.

No, that's not funny at all. It's what you'd expect if you're a fraud who is only buying it to try and con other people in to buying it.

Like you did.

If you buy them because you like them, and get others to do the same, 13 years later many of those people will still be buying them and you continue to earn a small percentage.

Like I did.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Here's some more Re: MLM/DS...straight from the hip!

Man, I’m mad. I’m so mad I can’t see straight. And I’m not just being emotional. I’m an intelligent person and I’m speaking from experience. Don’t make the mistake I did or you’ll regret it.

Gold’s Gym is a scam. In fact, I think the whole fitness club industry is a scam.

I saw pictures of people who were fit and trim and beautiful. And I wanted to be fit and trim and beautiful. So, I paid the $30 fee to come every month.

Then, guess what! No one told me that I had to pay extra for those power-bar snacks that were on the counter. Or that my membership fee didn’t include the sports drinks. Or that a personal trainer wasn’t included.

These things should have been my first red flags.

But, still I was excited that I might be able to lose some weight and start looking good. So I ignored the warning signals and started working out.

Well, I did everything they told me to do. I worked my legs a little. I didn’t work out my arms because I hurt it one time in the past working out and I was afraid I’d get hurt again. So I skipped the arms.

I worked out my back. I worked my stomach a little bit but I decided I didn’t want to push myself too hard. Plus, I was getting hungry after all this working out so I went and bought a powerbar. SIX DOLLARS! I kid you not. If I hadn’t been so hungry, I wouldn’t have bought one. But one of the guys who worked out there said he used them for daily snacks and he looked pretty good. So I thought I’d “try” one.

Anyway. That’s not what made me mad. I’m coming to that part.

This all went on for a few days. I even spent $100 on workout clothes. It wasn’t required but other people in the gym had them so I thought I’d get some, too.

In fact, I spent another $100 on a pair of new workout shoes. I picked a pair that I felt like I could still use even if I stopped working out. You never know if things are going to pan out the way you want, you know?

Anyway…one day, I was talking to a guy in the locker room. I noticed he was about 40 pounds overweight and he told me he’d been coming to the gym for SIX MONTHS. I did the math in my head…”If this guy has been here for six months, why isn’t he thin and trim yet???”

That’s when the warning bells went off again. This whole thing might just be a scam to get people’s money. I mean, this guy wasn’t mad or anything….in fact, he was excited that he’d lost some weight….BUT HE’S STILL OVERWEIGHT! And he’s spending that money every month…and Gold’s Gym just keeps taking it!

Then I thought, “I should get on the Internet and look up Gold’s Gym!”. I don’t know why I didn’t do that before! So, I went to Google and typed in “Gold’s Gym scam” and you won’t believe what I found!

Seriously.

Did you know that 80% of the people who join Gold’s Gym cancel their membership within the first year? That 95% of the people who join Gold’s Gym have never won a fitness contest? Or gotten a job as a model?

I found one lady online who said she joined Gold’s Gym and the manager of the gym said she needed a personal trainer to help her create a “fitness plan” and to keep her on track. Guess what? She said it cost her an additional $200 a WEEK! What a ripoff! She DID say that she lost some weight while she was going but that — after she stopped going every day — the weight came back. She fired the trainer and said it was all a scam, too.

I even found one story about a guy who said that they Gold’s Gym stole his money. He was supposed to get a promotional price of $19 a month but when he got his credit card statement, he found out that they were charging him $30 a month. Of course they corrected it but…..still…..that’s pretty shady, don’t you think?

Anyway….

As if that wasn’t enough, some friends and I were at McDonald’s the other day and I mentioned something about Gold’s Gym. My friend Susan said that she’d tried Gold’s Gym a few years ago and got NO results at all. She laughed that I’d fallen for it, too. I was so mad I almost spilled my milkshake.

Anyway….after I read all the stuff on the Internet about Gold’s Gym and talked to some of my friends, I decided to quit. I don’t deal with scam artists. They’re just in it for the money. They act like they’re interested in people’s health but I guarantee you that — if no one paid them — they’d close up shop. So much for their “mission”, huh? If they’re so interested in helping people be trim and fit, why don’t they just do it for free?

And I’m beginning to think that those fit, trim, beautiful people in the Gym are part of the scam, anyway. Gold’s Gym probably pays them to come in there and work out so they can sell more memberships.

Am I saying that exercise doesn’t work? No, I’m not saying that. I’m sure it does. I’m just saying that you have to be careful when you join these big fancy gyms with the full-color brochures and all the stories of how people are getting results.

Because the truth is that those people are probably coming in there EVERY day to work out (not just sometimes)…..they’ve probably changed their eating habits (which no one mentioned to me)…and you can bet that they’re all buying a lot of extra stuff from the Gym that’s not part of their regular membership fee.

So, take it from me: Gold’s Gym is a rip-off. I know. I’ve been there. The idea that you can come in and work out every day and start looking fit and trim SOUNDS good….but that’s just to get you in the door and get your money.

Remember what they say, “If it sounds too good to be true…it probably is.”

Anyway, all this has taught me a lesson. I’m not going to get suckered again. Next time I see someone or something that can supposedly “improve my life”, I’ll think twice.

Whether it’s a diet…..a home business…..or just an idea….I’ll go check it out on Google first.

After all….if it’s on the Internet, it must be true, right?
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard