+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Canadian Security Academy Inc. Scam.

This "company" lies to the "students", promises jobs and good training. Training is $200., you get no recognized training, no job placement at all, and then they send you to another agency who does that all over again. I asked for a refund, since the "training" was useless and they promised me a job, and there are none. None!! The lady who deals with refunds, Elsa, told me to "get a brain" and " People like you should be shot, and go to hell!" She said, "You are nobody. I know people, I will deal with you my own way. I have your name and address, you will be dealt with". Check the Better Business Bureau of Western Ontario website, they are listed as "unsatisfactory" and are being investigated! They are not responding to many complaints, they just ignore all complaints! Do not waste your money on these rip off artists! They sure don't like it when you ask questions...Call and ask about job placement guarantees or assurances, they will get all defensive and yell at you! Other security places train for free, why waste your money on something totally useless!

Canadian Security Academy Inc.
    1043 Bloor St. West. 3rd. Floor
    Toronto, Ontario
    Canada
    M6H 1M4
    Phone: (416) 538 - 7770
    Email: [email protected]
    also at
    45 Sheppard Avenue East
    9th floor
    Toronto, Ontario
    Canada
    M2N 5W9
    Phone: (416) 538 - 7770
    Email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Administrator; 03-09-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Re: Canadian Security Academy Inc. Scam.

Hello Everyone,

I am one of the victims in this what we call The Canadian Security Academy here in Toronto Canada. I payed C$262.50 for a certificate which is totally useless. They will lure you into a promising job at the airport if you pass the training test which is a one day training. I hope that someone will put a stop into there SCAM or what we SWINDLING people blindly there victims are mostly the immigrants or permanent residents or even canadain citizens.

Wilton

I just went and registered for this yesterday!!! And I asked them a whole lot of questions and it seemed so credible! Then I googled it, and I found all this!

Please help. What can I do at this point?? I've called them and told them that I no longer want to do the training and the lady at the reception told me that its a contract and I cannot get out of it, and I am a law breaker. But I haven't even been for training yet. Is there any way I can get out of this???

Please help.

Thanks

Judging from these experiences, I would not think there is much you can do.

Try talking to your bank, maybe they can help you undo the charge without hurting your credit.

hey guys i am also a victim of this company, they told me i got the job and i had to pay to get licened. i payed the 200 because they told me thats all i needed to get started as a security guard. going to the training thing the lady kept repeating if theres any questions ask the employers or w.e after the class. the course was bogous and we learned nothing. just talked about some doode that took a bullet on the job and about what to do. hardly worth 200 bux. anyway i passed and they gave me some bogous certificate and told me to update my resume and fax it somewhere. i asked if i can use this with other companies he said yes its recognized in canada :rotz:. there was so many signs but i kept going. then i asked so this is the gov licence. hes like no thats 80 dollars. but then hes like your employer might pay for it. then i asked him for the phone number of the place where im faxing my resume to hes like no i cant give it to you they will call you. they are too busy to recieve calls. at this point iwas really upset because this was obviously so bogous, but before icracked someones skull i left. so now i called back to get this number again. and the guy starts to get rude with me saying how can you loose the number. laughing as if im a dumb ass, "whats your name again? Okay mr "XXX" if you lost your number and you cant tell me the name of the company which we refereed you how can i help you. im like what difference does it make. you can easily refer me somewhere else or look in your records, i graduated from your class, and they keep no records of anything. then he pretended to take my number and told me he will get back to me.

anyway long story short they promised me a job thats why i payed. they wont help me at all, and are very rude they try to make you think its your fault. so im gona take action these sort of things work better in numbers. has anyone tried to take this anywhere and if not is anyone willing to do something about it cuz i know i am, its either that or i go smash someones car hahaha

You know what, I just found out it was a scam, but I paid my money and I wasted my time and tomorrow I plan on going in and causing a scene because I want my money back. If we all could get together and do something about this we should.

okay man im gona pm you my number, we need to organize

just as an update, i found the number and faxed my resume. afterwards i called them, and the company said they aren't affiliated with Canadian security academy but they get allot of referrals from them. she then told me that they don't recognize their training certificate and no one takes it. so she said if i want a job i still have to go to get the licence from the gov and go through the normal procedure to getting a job. so that 200 dollars went down the drain for sure. i wished i got some more peoples number from there. i want to go with more people

Hi Everyone,

Did you manage to go to their office and fight it out? I feel like these people are really low grade...like they don't know how to talk to people and are very unprofessional. We need to take some serious action. Even if I don't get my money, I am tired of scammers and they will do this to others.

I am going to the Canadian Best Business Bureau. These peopel are professionals who help settle disputes for consumers and my friends have had their billing issues with phone companies and gyms resolved through these people. Here is their link: http://www.bbb.org/canada/ submit your complaint to them. I also looked up Canadian Security Academy Inc on their website and it is reported as a sketchy organization to begin with.

Also, Canadian Security Academy is approved by the Ministry of Ministry of Public Safety and Correctional Services. We need to get in touch with them and let them know. This organization will be able to scam more people if they remain accredited.

They probably think they are so smart too...scamming all these innocent people, especially in these economic times. We really need to take action.

Take care everyone and Good LUCK!

so what has happened with this? i got scammed late june/early july... n im still willing to do something about it. What's the motive?

Thanks for the info i called the ministry but the most they can do is just have you file a complaint to put the heat on them again they can't get you your money back.

I would advise you all to contact the Better Business Bureau and let them know about what happen even though they know, the more they hear about it the better. Also I advise to call the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services @ 416-326-5000 they can't get you your money back but you can have them investigated again and bring the heat on them.

Better Business bureau does absolutely nothing. C S Academy laughed at me when I told them I was going to report them, and they laughed with good reason. BBB is totally useless, bunch of idiots with no power at all.

I contacted CBC Marketplace and Silverman Helps from CityTV, no real response at all. I would think Marketplace gets a bigger audience so if I were you people, write to them and get this story on TV. They will interview C S Academy on film, and the world will see how bad they are. They also use hidden cameras.

Canadian Security is such a big rip off, and so many victims. It is ridiculous that our government allows these frauds to continue for so long.

Please, everyone, send your story to CBC MARKETPLACE and help get these jerks out of business.

yes finaly more people. we have a good group already and with the amount of people they go through, we are bound to get more people, ive been in contact with a few members on the site over the phone, and we had these same ideas, the only thing i would advise, is to find a way to discus this privatly as im sure they easily access this info and take counter measures.

it might be my paranoya but i got a call from someone who had supposedly been scamed, but it was more like an interogation trying to find out what my name was and who exactly i spoke to and what was said to me. i didnt give out any personal information because the call felt sketch.

in my opinion i think they are trying to take counter measures, so becarefull who you talk to and becarefull about giving out details and personal info.

(especialy becarefull about saying exactly what your going to do on the site. if you type your username in google your post and everything shows up so its very easy for them to find this)
    Last edited by nostilja; 09-01-2009 at 07:09 AM.

Lets do this

i hate this company soo much . i went for training in february paid 265 dollars and was told i would be guaranteed a job after i finish the training they said we had to contact " mark " so that he can bring me in for an interview never made it to the interview and then when i keep calling him he never returns call . i saw an ad needed security guard so i figured since i did the training all i had to do was get my license (which i did) when i went in for the interview i told them i did my training with Canadian security . the minute the man heard the name he's like they are scamers there certificate doesn't help you in no way and that they are giving the security guard a bad name and i had to do the training with them which cost me another 225 dollars i actually paid 500 and something dollars for the same damn course . Canadian security need to be stop it ridiculous that you have to pay soo much money and it not even legit when time come .. people we need to do something . and i am planning on contacting a lawyer to see what can be done cause this is bullshit they don't know how hard it is to dish out 200 and something dollars just like that ... im sooo pissed any info an dhow to go about with this