+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One smug (expletive)

Didn't this guy endorse eight political firings of federal prosecuters and lied to the tenth degree in hearings? So why hasn't he been fired? What the hell is he still doing in power? Can someone explain this to me?

(This guy looks so slimy. Does anybody else get that feeling?)

Re: One smug (expletive)

Yes! :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    Why? Because he's a hispanic guy wearing a suit? Racist! ;)

Nah, doesn't look slimy to me... just a normal guy who happens to be smiling. It's hard to separate the image from the persona, which is why you "get that feeling" when you look at him. If you didn't know who he was, your reaction to his picture would be neutral.
    Last edited by yossarian; 06-12-2007 at 09:35 AM.

But we do know who he is. One of the little dictators minions. I really like
    that word...its so appropriate these days. ;)

Didn't this guy endorse eight political firings of federal prosecuters and lied to the tenth degree in hearings? So why hasn't he been fired? What the hell is he still doing in power? Can someone explain this to me?
    Its called the US Senate, and they voted to keep him in power by a vote of 53 to 38

No he looks like a mexican/American.....now... here's slimy
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

I don't know, Bill Maher does manage to make some pretty smart comments, and he's actually popular.

Bill Maher is uber slimy, but that's probably because he looks like he's had the dirtiest sex the day before, and I'm afraid to touch the guy's hand.

He's the boss. He is supposed to figure out who needs to get fired and who needs to get promoted. What would be the point of having elections if you cannot appoint your own people ? Should have done like Reno/Clinton and fired them all first day. i didn't notice, but i am sure all of you were hollering about it back then ? no, we were all digesting the Waco incident, weren't we ? and listening to Clinton's people tell us about teaching masturbation in schools, gay rights in military, reinventing government, and biggest tax increase in history. Clinton kept us so busy with this kinda crap nobody even noticed the firing of ALL the US attorneys.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110009784

As everyone once knew but has tried to forget, Mr. Hubbell was a former partner of Mrs. Clinton at the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock who later went to jail for mail fraud and tax evasion. He was also Bill and Hillary Clinton's choice as Associate Attorney General in the Justice Department when Janet Reno, his nominal superior, simultaneously fired all 93 U.S. Attorneys in March 1993. Ms. Reno--or Mr. Hubbell--gave them 10 days to move out of their offices.

Yeah. What a loser!

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Gonzales is friends with Bush.Some in the Senate still feel a false allegience with Bush, which will change once September gets here because none of them want that albatross around their necks on the campaign road.

Until then, Gonzales falls under "Bush" protection. Maybe it will last longer than Bushe's Iraq protections.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    Its called the US Senate, and they voted to keep him in power by a vote of 53 to 38
    But not because they support him.

Republicans who rejected the proposal offered little defense of Gonzales, but criticized the resolution as a politically motivated stunt and a waste of the Senate's time.

"If I were president, I would have asked Alberto Gonzales to resign as attorney general," George Voinovich, R-Ohio, said. But he said, "Today's vote does nothing to rectify the current problem or ensure it doesn't happen again."

For their part, Democrats claimed a measure of victory. Sen. Chuck Schumer, the New York Democrat who was one of the resolution's chief sponsors, said that because a majority of the Senate had voted to move ahead with the resolution, the outcome could be interpreted as a no-confidence vote.

"When a majority of the Senate votes no confidence in a Cabinet officer, it says a lot," he said at a news conference after the vote. "He ought to have the decency himself to resign. Clearly, he is not up to the job."
    They were just 7 votes away from having him gone. Pity it didn't happen.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by franKg

Even if they voted for no-confidence he wasnt leaving, the senate has no power to remove the AG, only the president can and he stated Alberto wasnt going anywhere, the dems are just wasting time voting for things that mean nothing and its all for a political show. I dont like Gonzalez either but that vote yesterday was a complete waste of time, makes no sense. Also Frank, 53 people voted for no-confidence they needed 60 for a no-confidence resolution but like I said it didnt matter. The 9 who didnt vote made the most sense
    Last edited by luciano; 06-12-2007 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gussser
    DC You post on so many different subjects that it hard to keep up with it all. Unconfuse me---ARE YOU JEWISH?????
    Take the Quiz! Are you left?Right? Middle?

The Quiz!

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles
    He's the boss. He is supposed to figure out who needs to get fired and who needs to get promoted. What would be the point of having elections if you cannot appoint your own people ? Should have done like Reno/Clinton and fired them all first day. i didn't notice, but i am sure all of you were hollering about it back then ? no, we were all digesting the Waco incident, weren't we ? and listening to Clinton's people tell us about teaching masturbation in schools, gay rights in military, reinventing government, and biggest tax increase in history. Clinton kept us so busy with this kinda crap nobody even noticed the firing of ALL the US attorneys.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110009784
    Replacing all the US Attorney's by a new administration is a pretty routine and standard practice. Reagan and pappy Bush did the same thing. Targeting and cherry picking one's appointees in the middle of term is something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    Replacing all the US Attorney's by a new administration is a pretty routine and standard practice. Reagan and pappy Bush did the same thing. Targeting and cherry picking one's appointees in the middle of term is something completely different.

But they did have the right to do it, and for no reason at all if they wanted to, but I agree it was strange to do it in the middle of the term.
    DC You post on so many different subjects that it hard to keep up with it all. Unconfuse me---ARE YOU JEWISH?????

The Quiz!

Quote Originally Posted by luciano
    But they did have the right to do it, and for no reason at all if they wanted to, but I agree it was strange to do it in the middle of the term.
    Oh they had the right, but what were they afraid of is the question? They look guilty as hell now.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Oh they had the right, but what were they afraid of is the question? They look guilty as hell now.

LOL

But it dont matter, why did the dems even bring it up? Politics, wasting time. The dems are screwing up their chances up for 08 with all the stupid shyt they are doing. I voted democrat in 06 because I thought they would get some things done, but they haven't done anything constructive. Just a bunch of useless politicians passing bills they know mean nothing or they know the president will veto, pisses me off. Im probably gonna vote for a GOP candidate now in the 08 presidential elections

The Quiz!