+ Reply to Thread

Speak Write and Quicktate Scams?

Hi:
    I've been looking at work from home job opportunities recently and two that I came across were companies called Speak Write and Quicktate respectively. Both of these claim that they hire people to work as transcriptionists on an independent contractor basis. Since, I've been working from home in a similar capacity, and since based on what I have heard and read they seem repubable, I thought that I would sign up for them. But, I'm still afraid that they maybe scams. So my questions are: 1. Has anyone out there worked for Quicktate or Speakwrite and are they scams? 2. If they are not scams what was your experience like working for them? 3. Typically, how much money can one make working for them? 4. If nobody, has worked for either of them what warning signs should I watch out for that might indicate that they are scams?
    If someone out there could answer my questions, I would be really grateful.
    amitt
    Last edited by Administrator; 12-13-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Re: Are Speak Write and Quicktate Scams?

SpeakWrite has been around for years and is currently hiring for legal transcriptionists. If you don't have experience as a legal transcriptionists its probably not worth your time to apply.

Quicktate is also legit but again, they require experience, references, etc. I believe they also have a $15 fee for a background check.

Thanks.

SpeakWrite is completely legitimate and a great place to work. I have worked with them since 2007 and love it. You have to watch the hiring though, because they don't hire general typists very often, so get in when you can. The clients speak clearly, proofreaders are great, and the scheduling is extremely flexible. I don't know much about Quicktate, but I don't think they're a scam.

The site has been around for years and it has some great reviews that people always get paid on time. I not good at transcribing but will try it sometime.