+ Reply to Thread

Dirty Jobs Guy and MLM................

A "mikeroweWORKS scholarship" (the Dirty Jobs guy) worth $15,000 is being made available to high school seniors if they make a video detailing why they deserve it, along with signing the affirmation below:

1. I believe that I have won the greatest lottery of all time. I am alive. I walk the Earth. I live in America. Above all things, I am grateful.

2. I believe that I am entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Nothing more. I also understand that “happiness” and the “pursuit of happiness” are not the same thing.

3. I believe there is no such thing as a “bad job.” I believe that all jobs are opportunities, and it’s up to me to make the best of them.

4. I do not “follow my passion.” I bring it with me. I believe that any job can be done with passion and enthusiasm.

5. I deplore debt, and do all I can to avoid it. I would rather live in a tent and eat beans than borrow money to pay for a lifestyle I can’t afford.

6. I believe that my safety is my responsibility. I understand that being in “compliance” does not necessarily mean I’m out of danger.

7. I believe the best way to distinguish myself at work is to show up early, stay late, and cheerfully volunteer for every crappy task there is.

8. I believe the most annoying sounds in the world are whining and complaining. I will never make them. If I am unhappy in my work, I will either find a new job, or find a way to be happy.

9. I believe that my education is my responsibility, and absolutely critical to my success. I am resolved to learn as much as I can from whatever source is available to me. I will never stop learning, and understand that library cards are free.

10. I believe that I am a product of my choices – not my circumstances. I will never blame anyone for my shortcomings or the challenges I face. And I will never accept the credit for something I didn’t do.

11. I understand the world is not fair, and I’m OK with that. I do not resent the success of others.

12. I believe that all people are created equal. I also believe that all people make choices. Some choose to be lazy. Some choose to sleep in. I choose to work my butt off.

On my honor, I hereby affirm the above statements to be an accurate summation of my personal worldview. I promise to live by them.

Signed ____________________________________

Dated _____________________________________

How does the above compare to the average sales/recruiting rhetoric of an MLM?

Re: Dirty Jobs Guy and MLM................

WOW..just wow...

Thanks Bman!

Nice find...

Tough love...

Of all the things that can have an effect on your future, I believe personal growth is the greatest. We can talk about sales growth, profit growth, asset growth, but all of this probably will not happen without personal growth.

~ Jim Rohn
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    A "mikeroweWORKS scholarship" (the Dirty Jobs guy) worth $15,000 is being made available to high school seniors if they make a video detailing why they deserve it, along with signing the affirmation below:

Very cool ....

Work hard, you might not 'make it' ->
    But at the very least, you'll have the self respect & pride knowing you did your best.

Not sure how it fits in with sales rhetoric at all, but it's certainly 100% consistent with what we teach. What do you think of it, bm?

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    Not sure how it fits in with sales rhetoric at all, but it's certainly 100% consistent with what we teach. What do you think of it, bm?

I guess my thought process upon posting it was how MLM recruiting events/presentations tend to use words such as "job" or "work" in a bad light.

Recruiters also tend to explain how an individual can get into the business through the use of a credit card (worse when its a high ticket item) to purchase necessary product to "activate" their commissions.

Focus is usually not on how hard a person is going to have to work to achieve $$$ level of success, but on how a person can NOT have to work much to make money.

The hard work is downplayed. Personal success seemingly is based on the premise of other people's small efforts paying large dividends to the sponsor....

But, I do think if a good dose of the affirmation was injected into companies and teams things would be better.
    Last edited by bibleman; 10-11-2013 at 01:28 PM.

I guess my thought process upon posting it was how MLM recruiting events/presentations tend to use words such as "job" or "work" in a bad light.

Recruiters also tend to explain how an individual can get into the business through the use of a credit card (worse when its a high ticket item) to purchase necessary product to "activate" their commissions.

Focus is usually not on how hard a person is going to have to work to achieve $$$ level of success, but on how a person can NOT have to work much to make money.

The hard work is downplayed. Personal success seemingly is based on the premise of other people's small efforts paying large dividends to the sponsor....

But, I do think if a good dose of the affirmation was injected into companies and teams things would be better.
    Certainly its about leveraging effort to effectively acheive success. The affirmation is consistent with that success. To me its about taking personal responsibility. NO VICTIM MENTALITY.

Good post. If people came into things with that attitude, things would definitely be better.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Good post. If people came into things with that attitude, things would definitely be better.
    Nice, for a change, to hear that you endorse the Network 21 approach.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Says you.... Mr Victim Mentality number 1.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Says you.... Mr Victim Mentality number 1.
    Says you Mr. Liar.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.