+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Authorities thwart another terror attack!!

Well done!!

Apparently, they were trying to blow up Kennedy real good!

Re: Authorities thwart another terror attack!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Well done!!

Apparently, they were trying to blow up Kennedy real good!
    Indeed.. well done!
    I'm a bit surprised it's not a bigger topic on the board though. I'd of thought somebody trying to blow up Kennedy and the surounding area would have been a bigger concern to folks. I didn't expect many kudos to go out to the ones involved in stopping it. But as I've watched this thread since yesterday afternoon, not a comment, not even a complaint about how they went about finding the info in the wrong way, or how the terrorists rights were infrindged upon. I guess pop was right, "People will always point out the bad other people do in life, and the good things will go ignored". :rolleyes:

Success in the war on terrorism to these liberal schmucks is like throwing water on the wicked witch, this is why they support our enemies
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

LOL.

Mark J. Mershon, the assistant director in charge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation field office in New York, said all four men had “fundamentalist Islamic beliefs of a violent nature,” although they appeared to be acting on their own and had no known connection to Al Qaeda.

Law enforcement officials said that Kennedy, which handles roughly 45 million passengers a year and 1,000 flights a day, was never in imminent danger because the plot was only in a preliminary phase and the conspirators had yet to lay out detailed plans or obtain financing or explosives.

Good work for the FBI. But one of the guys is still free. Iraq has spawned all kinds of new terrorists, we better get used to it. It's gonna be the lasting Bush legacy.

Lady Mod

I was waiting for more information on how the case was cracked before flying off half-cocked with partisan assumptions.

Imagine that, with simple police work. Not a military operation, not through anything gained by the Patriot Act, but by a simple undercover operation.

See, terrorism is best dealt with as a law enforcement issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    Imagine that, with simple police work. Not a military operation, not through anything gained by the Patriot Act, but by a simple undercover operation.

LOL, now you are just going to piss them off pointing out the facts to them. I'm sure FOX spun the story differently. Bush was probably right on top of it the entire way. ;)

LM

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    LOL, now you are just going to piss them off pointing out the facts to them. I'm sure FOX spun the story differently. Bush was probably right on top of it the entire way. ;)

LM

I forgot that I'm a liberal, and therefore "hate law enforcement".

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound
    Indeed.. well done!
    I'm a bit surprised it's not a bigger topic on the board though. I'd of thought somebody trying to blow up Kennedy and the surounding area would have been a bigger concern to folks. I didn't expect many kudos to go out to the ones involved in stopping it. But as I've watched this thread since yesterday afternoon, not a comment, not even a complaint about how they went about finding the info in the wrong way, or how the terrorists rights were infrindged upon. I guess pop was right, "People will always point out the bad other people do in life, and the good things will go ignored". :rolleyes:
    Maybe the reason there has been very few comments on this thread is because it is a non story. All this shows is that the FBI did its job. The fact that there was a plot to commit a terrorist attack is also a non story since we know that terrorism attacks have increased 3 fold or more in the past few years. Finally there is the fact that pwrone is the one who posted it and from experience, most can speculate as to his reasons for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    I was waiting for more information on how the case was cracked before flying off half-cocked with partisan assumptions.

I agree with you on that one. The military should stay out of the intellagence/undercover operations.
    As far as the patriot act, it shouldn't be done away with, just redone.
    Last edited by carolinahound; 06-03-2007 at 05:30 PM.

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    Success in the war on terrorism to these liberal schmucks is like throwing water on the wicked witch, this is why they support our enemies

LOL.. What's it like to lead a "life" like Poor Frankie, muttering to his computer about the "libruls" all day like the other twisted Monkeys here? They scan every article looking for the "librul" behind every corner and any keystroke. What a pathetic pack of losers. But at least it keeps them off the streets. Ya gotta love it.
    Last edited by dchristie; 06-03-2007 at 06:22 PM.
    "The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

I would think that individuals that post and read this would understand when they were faced with scams. It is glaringly obvious that you all buy into this, how sad.

Indeed.. well done!
    Its not that big a topic because you know how it would be. Most will say it
    is a lie to raise Bushs ratings....though it would take a lot more than that to
    move his favorability for most of us. And youre right it is only a question of
    time before some start crying about "their rights" and privacy and want to
    protect the planners of the next big one!

I think they did a great job on foiling this and not letting it get past the
    planning stage. Thats the key....nip in the bud.

"No good deed goes unpunished" is another saying pop might like.
    ;)

Indeed.. well done!

The only reason that the responses from soul-sick liberals are so muted on this thread is that so many of them KNOW that they will be unable to contain their dismay and/or outright anger with the 'authorities'(of any kind) stopping criminals(of any kind). Read between the lines--or, just read--the ones who did respond. They are barely able to conceal their seething rage whenever anything bad happens to the enemy. It is always this way, and always will be.

Only a successful bombing of American citizens will rouse them to 'high-five' excitement, as that would "prove" that the Bush Doctrine of 'catch or kill the enemy' must not be working!

Remember, these are the same cretins who give clinton a total pass leading up to 9-11, a pass on the blatant document thefts and a pass on each of the several reports by different committees listing the terrible mistakes that were made. So focused are they on the myopia of "Bush bad" to the exclusion of all else, that it will cost them for years to come.

Doomed to be always on the 'losing side' while, ironically, living in the most successful nation in modern history, these barely-human vermin wallow in execrable conspiracy theories and self-hatred.

Sad? Pathetic? Sure. Of course. But watch that they don't bring the rest of us down. It is easy to stop them...just make sure everyone knows what they are up to, and what they are after. It really is that easy.
    Last edited by pwrone; 06-04-2007 at 10:41 AM.

Indeed.. well done!
    I'm a bit surprised it's not a bigger topic on the board though. I'd of thought somebody trying to blow up Kennedy and the surounding area would have been a bigger concern to folks.
    I was at my computer when the news broke, but decided not to post anything about it. I don't bother posting many of our victories in the war on terrorism, because quite frankly, the responses from such posts by the liberal left here depress me. They almost never give credit or thanks to our law enforcement and military personnel for a job well done, they instead use stories like this to bash the administration in one way or another. The bottom line is, I'm sick to death of the left spitting on America and pretending that Islamic terrorism isn't a problem.

Just look at how the left has responded so far to this story:

Lady mod to put it in a nutshell, down plays the incident, implies that the Iraq war created these terrorists, blames Bush for terrorism world wide, attacks FOX News for absolutely no reason, and pats the FBI on the back, while at the same time pointing out that they didn't get all of them.

ian uses the incident as a platform to attack the Patriot Act and to spout his anti-war beliefs, by saying this somehow proves that we shouldn't use our military to fight terrorism. btw ian, in case you haven't heard, America doesn't use it's military for domestic terrorism or domestic law enforcement. The military is only used for conflicts outside of the United States. Read the constitution.

Bairdi touts the whole incident as a "non-story". All he has to say is that terrorism is on the rise world wide, so this is "just another day at the office" to him.

Tampaparadise believes this incident never happened and was concocted by, I'm guessing, the government.

DieChrist just uses this thread to launch another one of his famous personal attacks against conservatives and avoids the subject all together.

I used to love posting stories like this, especially ones about how our government has stopped a group of people who were out to kill innocent Americans. It may sound a bit corny, but I love of this country and take pride in being an American. Because of that pride, it makes it difficult sometimes for me to post stories like this one. When you know that all you are going to get in response from the left is hatred, criticism and attacks leveled at our government, it just seems like a waste of time.

I used to think that regardless of our political differences, all of us were on the same side... America's side. Based on the constant flow of anti-American sentiments from the liberals on this board, I no longer believe they give a damn about this country in any sense. The liberals world today, seems to revolve around nothing but a sea of hatred and loathing. They've completely lost sight of the big picture and forgotten what it means to be an American. What they write on this forum has become a sad testament to this.

Ya, it sucks, because Lady Mod, Ian, Bairdi, and Dchristie seem to be the only ones willing to acknowledge that the FBI was always a good program and didn't need the government to aide them in aprehending criminals, of the would be terrorist variety or not.

Furthermore they realize that there will be more of these attacks since we went to Iraq and not less. It's only folks like Pwrone, Grim, Frankie and a few others who want to give all the credit to Bush for this protection that we always had, but never heard about, in the first place. LOL.

That's very amusing.

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 06-04-2007 at 05:32 PM.

What I see in this thread is several people showing pride in their law enforcement agencies and supporting their work in thwarting terrorist activity. These people all get labeled Liberal.
    What I also see in this thread is the conservative contingent attacking these liberals for simply praising our Law Enforcement agencies. All you need to do these days to piss off a conservative Republican is to show pride in America and thank our Law Enforcement agencies for a job well done. Something I have said for years is that conservatism is pretty closely associated with selfishism. I think the illness is selfishness and the manifestation is conservatism. Conservatives simply cannot "share" anything with anyone and they especially hate sharing something good with their fellow Americans.
    Perhaps this is why quite a number of conservative Republicans are either child molesters or divorced deadbeats.... or both.

17. 06-04-2007, 11:54 PM