+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Friendorama.com is a SCAM

Dear Friends, interested in internet dating? then please beware of friendorama.com and save your hard earned money. It's run by a group of scam artists and you are bound to loose your money.

Re: Friendorama.com is a SCAM

There are many free dating websites

This is definitely true. I made a profile on the site, being the bored (and horny) guy that I am and suddenly I am getting flirts from 25 and 30 year old women (I'm 18). The weird thing is that these women often flirt or send messages before even seeing my profile? This site is so odd, that I googled it and wound up here. I wish you had a bit more info on the scam...

Yes me too... I was a bit fool first to swallow it but now I know it's all just unreal.

I also got flirt from one woman then "she" replied and next time I noticed "her" sending me flirt message again... It's quite embarrassing I almost feel sorry for those whom keep it up for doing such bad mistakes. Almost...

No I did not paid one cent but after my accusations to their e-mail services they offered me free membership up to next year. Just to prove their innocense...:rolleyes:

After that as I just went along to see what happens next. I started to get flood of mails from different kind of females... They really try hard to scam you ;)

Z.

5. 07-23-2007, 03:40 AM

Reason
    one of the sithomecash people

I am very happy to have find this site, because yesterday I’ve been contacted by a so called Amanda S trough the site ”Tagged”. This person send me the exact same e-mail message You have placed on the top of this site. I regret a lot that I’ve erased that message. I do have the link to the account that has been used to contact me: http://www.tagged.com/mypage.html?uid=5379478985

A gorgeous young girl who picks out my profile on the site “Tagged” without me having any picture nor any information about me than my name and age on it? Isn’t that strange I thought? It is the wet dream of every young man to be contacted and invited by such I thought. That’s why I immediately thought it could be a fraud.

On Tuesday the 14th August I’ve received an e-mail from a girl named Amanda Scott. She mailed me from the United States – I live in Belgium – and told me she will be visiting my area the coming weekend and she would like me to lead her in my city. At first I was very excited, but then my intuition screamed that such thing is incredible and could be a fraud. In the mail this Amanda Scott urged me to come visit her on the site of Friendorma where she can be found. To my surprise I saw that I have to become member, and thereby to pay, if I wanted to chat with her. Then of course I knew it was a scam. To report this fraud is not going to stop them cheating people, but I know it can help. Certainly if other people who experienced the same report that also. Then it can become a mighty weapon if ever someone decides to sue them.

Search on google the name: Friendorama. Then on the next page you’ll see the headline:
    Friendorama and children abuse?McCann=McKenna at myspace.com ...
    This will get you to a site where you can see the type of e-mail Friendorama sends to cheat people into becomming member.

see also my report on ripoffreport.com

i have gotten the same things on myspace asking too add me as a friend. then i follow the link and it just takes me to the main page. i guess they just want more people coming to their site. i also dont have a pic on that account. many on yahoo personals are fake profiles also. at first i thought you were talking about women seeking greencard love. another area of total fraud and deception.

A gorgeous young girl who picks out my profile on the site “Tagged” without me having any picture nor any information about me than my name and age on it? Isn’t that strange I thought? It is the wet dream of every young man to be contacted and invited by such I thought. That’s why I immediately thought it could be a fraud.

(I do have the link to the account that has been used to contact me: http://www.tagged.com/mypage.html?uid=5379478985)

On Tuesday the 14th August I’ve received an e-mail from a girl named Amanda Scott. She mailed me from the United States – I live in Belgium – and told me she will be visiting my area the coming weekend and she would like me to lead her in my city. At first I was very excited, but then my intuition screamed that such thing is incredible and could be a fraud. In the mail this Amanda Scott urged me to come visit her on the site of Friendorma where she can be found. To my surprise I saw that I have to become member, and thereby to pay, if I wanted to chat with her. Then of course I knew it was a scam. To report this fraud is not going to stop them cheating people, but I know it can help. Certainly if other people who experienced the same report that also. Then it can become a mighty weapon if ever someone decides to sue them.

Search on google the name: Friendorama. Then on the next page you’ll see the headline:
    This will get you to a site where you can see the type of e-mail Friendorama sends to cheat people into becomming member.

see also my report on ripoffreport.com: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0267658.htm
    In that report I reported all the mails I've got from the Friendorama helpdesk. They first denied my accusations and when I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt they offered me a month membership. Then on this site I saw they also offered Zraisin (one who also reported on this site and page) a kind of bribe to rewin his trust. Please read my complete report by cliking on the shortcut I gave.
    Last edited by Idealist; 08-21-2007 at 08:42 AM.

I don't complain much about scams, but I'm getting just sick and tired of this. "Friendorama.com" first gets you in by claiming to be a social network. I'm interested in these things, so signed up ... only to discover that it is actually an online "dating" site. Well, I wasn't looking for that, but what the heck. Then, I start getting email after email from Friendorama telling me that I'm getting "flirted" with by girl after girl -- not only girls, but really good looking ones. There are these one-liner messages "I love your smile", and "are you busy this weekend" and others. I, of course, follow the links and lo-and-behold, I have to pay to respond. Not too big a deal really. But then I realize that all these beautiful women are "flirting" with me, but I have not really completed the profile, and have no pictures uploaded. Can I really be so lucky? I thought maybe, until I got email-after-email-after email with the same little on-liners. "I love your smile". Bullcrap.

Friendorama is a total scam.

spank

I too can confirm that friendorama.com is a complete scam.

I was lured into joining by a 'girl' that messaged me on Myspace, who said she spent more time on friendorama. Having checked the site, I found this hard to believe, as the site was utter bilge and in no way competitive to Myspace. But being horny and stupid, I signed up all the same.

What really tipped me off that the whole thing was a set-up was that a lot of the 'girls'' profiles had very similar descriptions, and also, when they emailed me back, they would never reply specifically to what I had said, they just came back with the same general bumf every time.

For a while I kept checking the site anyway, thinking there must be other people on the site that have been duped into joining too, but all i seemed to get were the same scam profiles contacting me; no genuine girls at all. I think us men must just be more gullible! :(

Trust me from experience...most of these social sites that cost money employe people to lure men to the site. Many of the profiles are fake and either employees, posers or even foreign nationals who are attempting to scam you. There are real people on them, but many are fake...this goes for match.com, adultfriendfinder, eharmony.com...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Idealist View Post
    I am very happy to have find this site, because yesterday I’ve been contacted by a so called Amanda S trough the site ”Tagged”. This person send me the exact same e-mail message You have placed on the top of this site. I regret a lot that I’ve erased that message. I do have the link to the account that has been used to contact me: http://www.tagged.com/mypage.html?uid=5379478985

see also my report on ripoffreport.com
    LOL, seems Amanda S have found her true love, cause her profile isn't available anymore. That's such a nasty scam!

I have found a real girl on friendorama
    so it is not all scam but I too had a lot
    of mails from younger girls that love my
    smile but I do not smile on the foto on
    my profile

Quote Originally Posted by fugl View Post
    I have found a real girl on friendorama
    so it is not all scam but I too had a lot
    of mails from younger girls that love my
    smile but I do not smile on the foto on
    my profile
    Hhahahaha, that was funny. Who knows what kind of bots are running under that website.

I must say that in first place "girls who wrote to me" were quite smashing look females but later I also got mails from , say lesser fancy looking women with, hmmm, several kind of body-types ;) well according their faces. Anyway they just try all tricks. I also must point out that many contacts came from USA and I'm living in Finland. Those very few mails which came from Finland were not of course possible to answer unless one of us get premium membership, you all know that... I unsubscribed from that service while ago.

Z.

Most of you are all crazy. If you can't find a hot chick in real life, what makes you think the uber hot chicks online would be interested? lol I'm not tryin to sound like a bitch, but think about it. If the site Friendorama was a real scam, don't you think they'd be shut down by now? For sure the website doesn't waste their time trying to scam people. Scammers try to scam people. I've joined tons of dating sites and I've gotten an e-mail from Match.com and Eharmony.com..and guess what? Both of the e-mails were identical. :spin2: This can only mean one thing... Men, be more realistic! Try hitting on the not-so-hot chicks and you might get lucky! It's not the site, it's You! lol

-T

hi LilCutie,

if you read the thread, you actually would have seen that we were "getting" emailed by hot chicks out of the blue via friendorama. and that these emails were an attempt by friendorama to get us to pay $$ to join.

we weren't hitting up hot chicks, dumbass.

spk