+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carl Sagan fan.

Carl Sagan fan.

I just read that actress Kirsten Dunst can't get enough Carl Sagan when asked what books she likes. Man what a catch she'd be. Didn't know they ever made beautiful blond athiests.
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Re: Carl Sagan fan.

The science forum has been pretty dead lately. Just thought if I threw in some sex I might wake somebody up.

Carl Sagan is one of my favorites, but did you hear, that when a computer company put out some astronomy softwear they named it Carl Sagan, but not publicly, it was only within the company, sort of a nickname for the program, when he found out (I don't know how he found out exactly) instead of seeing it as a complement (as no doubt it was meant) he made them remove his name (well, it is his after all) They did, and they renamed it BHA, that apparently stands for butt head astronomer...seems a bit petty really, but you did say it was getting slow... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete
    Carl Sagan is one of my favorites, but did you hear, that when a computer company put out some astronomy softwear they named it Carl Sagan, but not publicly, it was only within the company, sort of a nickname for the program, when he found out (I don't know how he found out exactly) instead of seeing it as a complement (as no doubt it was meant) he made them remove his name (well, it is his after all) They did, and they renamed it BHA, that apparently stands for butt head astronomer...seems a bit petty really, but you did say it was getting slow... ;)
    I suppose carl had to react the way he did. The software company likely was honoring him but if he just let it go then there would've probably been a flood of people deciding to make some money off his name. I'm sure he had pleanty of legal advice that advised him that it could be a slippery slope. Wow is this the best science we can do on the science forum? I never did have much confidence in the intellect of the people here but this is rediculous. Where's kazza and subjunk when we need em? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    I suppose carl had to react the way he did. The software company likely was honoring him but if he just let it go then there would've probably been a flood of people deciding to make some money off his name. I'm sure he had pleanty of legal advice that advised him that it could be a slippery slope. Wow is this the best science we can do on the science forum? I never did have much confidence in the intellect of the people here but this is rediculous. Where's kazza and subjunk when we need em? :confused:
    I'm around, you're right, it has been dead, I might start a thread about quantum mechanics, since I think its the most interesting theory in all of physics, in fact I think together with evolution it is one of the best theories in all of science. However, I should warn you that it will likely blow your mind and your whole perception of reality :) .

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    I'm around, you're right, it has been dead, I might start a thread about quantum mechanics, since I think its the most interesting theory in all of physics, in fact I think together with evolution it is one of the best theories in all of science. However, I should warn you that it will likely blow your mind and your whole perception of reality :) .
    Bring it on mate. But start at the beginning as I am but a baby when it comes to the subject.

I just read that actress Kirsten Dunst can't get enough Carl Sagan when asked what books she likes. Man what a catch she'd be. Didn't know they ever made beautiful blond athiests.
    Careful there Mr. B. She's one of the un-dead, nosferatu, a vampire... :D

carl sagan fan!?you do realize the origin of fan(ancients!?)is to be a eunich with a pole topped with feathers or weave that is good only off brushing off flies/bugs and providing a breeze for the worshipped's comfort!?usually had their tongues removed also to avoid any chance of uttering an out of place remark!?maybe you meant "groupy"!?and do i have to explain that origin too!?or is it SELF explanatory!?hehe!!....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    Careful there Mr. B. She's one of the un-dead, nosferatu, a vampire... :D
    I didn't know that. In fact, I don't know what a "nosferatu" is. A vampire you say? Hell, and I just gave blood last week. :D

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    carl sagan fan!?you do realize the origin of fan(ancients!?)is to be a eunich with a pole topped with feathers or weave that is good only off brushing off flies/bugs and providing a breeze for the worshipped's comfort!?usually had their tongues removed also to avoid any chance of uttering an out of place remark!?maybe you meant "groupy"!?and do i have to explain that origin too!?or is it SELF explanatory!?hehe!!....just askn...
    How often do you ask yourself if what you're posting is relevant to the current discussion? hehe!! just askn!

I didn't know that. In fact, I don't know what a "nosferatu" is. A vampire you say? Hell, and I just gave blood last week. :D
    LOL... one of her earlier roles was as the child-vampire "Claudia" in 'An Interview with the Vampire'.

Quote Originally Posted by scopes
    How often do you ask yourself if what you're posting is relevant to the current discussion? hehe!! just askn!
    yah!?......after readin the troll-link on another thread i can see what you mean!?maybe i shoulda just said something like........ i like kirsten but dont find any attraction to mr. sagan!?anyhow.........
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Fizban "The Fabulous" Guest

Originally Posted by scopes

We know you are referring to yourself, Scopes, but what do you think about HIM!?
    rely on feelings rather than thoughts and emotions.

one small step for man, one quantum leap for mankind!

Stuart Wilde wrote:
    Extraterrestrial Intelligence

Stuart Wilde

February 2005

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) has been plugging away since 1960 with no success. I predict that that is about to change. It won't be quite what they expect. But they will get very excited; they will think they have discovered intelligent life in outer space but then they will realize the sounds are from inner space. A bit like Carl Sagan's film Contact that starred Jodi Foster.

Carl Sagan
    The story of Carl Sagan and his film is interesting. He was a brilliant astronomer. He was one of the first to suggest that the red shift method of measuring distances in space is in error and that distant galaxies are much closer than originally thought. He will be proved right in time. But beyond his brilliance, he was an evil man. He sold his soul for prestige and money. He would regularly get up on TV and lie through his teeth to support whatever theory the authorities wanted people to believe.

In the early 80s I worked in an office in Maryland, next-door was a small company that specialized in graphics and art for major magazines. They were commissioned to do a series of paintings and line drawings for a major Carl Sagan article that said that we faced an imminent, global, nuclear ice age. The paintings were really dramatic and cataclysmic, it article was real fear mongering. The story was serialized in major American magazines over many weeks. It was complete rubbish, a political concoction.

The Real Dr. Strangelove, Edward Teller
    Sagan was a great supporter of Edward Teller, the man who gave us the hydrogen bomb. Nice one Ed! Spew-dom. Teller was a man of copiously, vomitoso qualities; tragically he lived to a ripe old age. Our sweet, vulnerable planet didn't need Edward Teller. He was a bit of rotten karma for us to deal with. When after the cold war hydrogen bombs fell out of favor, Teller came up with a concocted horror story saying the planet was under threat from asteroids and that we needed nuclear bombs in space to get shot of any pesky rocks headed our way. The idea was the government would give shonky Ed a few billion so we could have his ghoulish invention hovering over us for decades to come. Carl Sagan got behind Teller and he backed the bombs-in-space idea. Sagan wasn't stupid, so you'd reckon a few quid changed hands for him to support the nutty professor. Certainly we are at a very slight risk of getting hit by something from outer space but hundreds of bombs in space is not a safe or realistic way of tackling the problem.

Sagan was very much the "grand liar" especially for NASA whenever there were any awkward questions to be answered. He provided the quivering, rubber-lip, hired to spout the party line. He was also virulent about the non-existence of UFOs. He'd regularly give us the official, "expert" opinion, poo-pooing the idea as ridiculous. UFOs are etheric beings; they are real and deadly. They here in their millions. Their dimension is cold and dark and they are extremely intrusive, sneaky and intelligent; they like to operate under a cloud of confusion and secrecy. Having their man regularly tell the world they didn't exist was perfect for them. I reckon Sagan was one of them, in the sense he was one of those humans abducted by evil without ever knowing it-a reptile in human skin.

Sagan's Contact starred Jodi Foster. In the film, she picks up a SETI signal and then she is supposed to travel through a wormhole in space where the signal came from. The experiment fails and instead she goes through to a celestial dimension where she meets her father who had died early in her character's life. I think Sagan had a change of heart. He realized as his death approached he had lied and misled people all of his life, and so he was desperately trying to make it right, injecting a spiritual connotation, hoping to make good. I don't think it would have helped him much as he was as deeply demonic and possessed as anyone could ever be. The ghouls would have been waiting for 'ice-age Carl' a long time before he died. It's a pity really.

But I reckon the film was a forerunner of what will happen next, a clue. I reckon SETI will find a signal and they will wonder if it is from a planet orbiting a distant star, and gradually they will realize it comes from inner space not outer space. It will still be a very important discovery and it will help with people's perception of dimensions and the nature of the universe.

The reason why I am fairly sure about this SETI breakthrough is because of two sounds that come from inner space via the Morph. One is a high-pitched whine; it has a ripple-wave configuration like when you throw a pebble into a pond, with one important difference. The wave pattern of the whine does not go out in all directions in a circle as you might expect, it only goes out in a half circle from the source not a complete circle.

The Wave Form of the Formatting Sound
    That is because the missing half of the wave pattern is beyond the singularity between here in 3-D and over there in 10-D, so half the wave pattern is not visible to us. In the Morph you can see sound waves while on earth you need an audio version of an oscilloscope to see sound waves as you would in a recording studio.

Next, there is a tick-tick formatting sound that also comes from those inner worlds. The sound is caused by a short, red, pulse that is beamed down a protective cone. It travels inside the cone close to its right-hand side, which is our left from where we watch it.

I call it the formatting sound, as it is exactly like how old computer disks clicked when you had to format them before use. It is the red pulse that emits the slightly mechanical, tick-tick sound; it operates at about four clicks a second. The SETI people are currently fixed on broadcasting signals into space associated with the mathematics of the hydrogen atom, and they are looking for radio signals in space in the same format, but they have recently realized that that might be futile.

The reason is that even radio and TV signals from earth are changing. In the past, our TV signals went directly out into space at the speed of light, but as technology has progressed we now have broadcast signals that don't go out into space at all, cable TV for example, and satellite systems where the signal is being beamed back to earth not outwards. So a technological advanced society in outer space might also have no detectable radio/TV emissions, depending on how sophisticated their broadcast systems are.

The formatting sound from the Morph rises and falls in pitch and intensity, and while it normally pulses as said, at about four cycles a second, from time-to-time it hiccups, missing a couple of beats and then it continues on. The sound seems intelligently driven to me, I don't think it's random at all. It also slows down and speeds up periodically. I reckon it's a form of download to take us to a higher level of awareness. Like everything in the Morph it's available to everyone. There's no fancy spiritual country club you have to join. You just have to listen for the whine or the formatting. The whine comes usually comes first by a couple of years. It is very loud; you can't miss it. When you first hear it you may notice one of your eyes twitching for a few days. The formatting pulse is very much quieter than the whine.

The SETI people are going to find the whine and the formatting sound and then it will take them a short while to figure they are from inner space not outer space. Once they turn their resources upon these mysterious sounds we'll know a lot more about them. It's all very exciting in my view. There may well be planets in outer space with intelligent life but the closest intelligent life is near at hand, just past a gap in reality, in a dimension we can't normally see, just a few feet away at 90° from us.

My prediction is that the celestial beings in there will allow SETI to find them. It is probably only a matter of tuning or panning the SETI system slightly. Once people get that there are other highly advanced beings in another world and if that is proven to science's satisfaction it will help humanity enormously. People will go through a bit of a shock at first but after that they will become more humble, less dogmatic and more spiritual. Once people 'get' that they are being watched, many will shift from being predators to becoming helpers of others.

Of course, there will always be those who will ridicule the idea of a transdimensional world even if it is proven, but once the beings I speak of walk through their kitchen wall they may well change their mind. It might be a bit too late by then, it's not for me to say. SETI's breakthrough is coming soon. It's good news for humanity. It will be an inspiring moment in our comprehension and development.

©Stuart Wilde 2005
    www.stuartwilde.com

For more on SETI

http://www.stuartwilde.com/Articles/...telligence.htm

For more on C. Sagan
    For more on E. Teller
    I always had my suspicions about Carl Sagan ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban "The Fabulous"
    We know you are referring to yourself, Scopes, but what do you think about HIM!?
    rely on feelings rather than thoughts and emotions.

one small step for man, one quantum leap for mankind!

I always had my suspicions about Carl Sagan ;)
    That's funny, I always had my suspicions about Stuart Wilde. I'm going to stick with Sagan on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    LOL... one of her earlier roles was as the child-vampire "Claudia" in 'An Interview with the Vampire'.
    great movie!?and wow!?that was her huh!?she was a bright kid!?just did A GOOGLE and read she likes to get high!?hehe!!just askn......