+ Reply to Thread

Banana Bana Baby

Hey have any of you guys heard of this site called BananaBanaBabycontest.com... you might be familiar with it if you have a little kid. But basacially you can send in a picture of your baby and they may pick the picture to be a part of their book.

Let me know if any of you have dealt with this company, submitted any pictures to them, or had any other dealings with them.

Thanks!

Re: Banana Bana Baby

Is there a joining fee?

DO NOT EVER DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! In September 2006 I sent in a picture of my son. A couple of weeks later I was told that he was chosen to be included in their new book which was to be released around Christmas. Well my hubby and I were so excited and thought that the grandparents would love to see their little guy in print, so we ordered 3 books. We patiently waited to hear about when we would receive the books. Well December came and we still hadn't heard anything so I emailed them. I was told that there was a problem with the publisher and that they apologized for the delay and also that I wasn't receiving the email updates. Come to find out they NEVER sent out any updates to anyone!! So that was fine, I understand, it's Christmas time and everyone is busy, things happen. Well January came and still no books, so I emailed again. This time I was told that they were finally done at the publisher and that they were waiting for them to be sent to them so they could package them and send them out. February came and went, no books no update. March came I emailed again and was told that they just received them, that they were now sending them out and they would let me know when our order went out. March came and went, no books no update. I emailed again in April, now I was told they couldn't find my order, luckily I'm really good at saving that information and sent them my paypal receipt. They emailed me back and told me they still couldn't find it, even through paypal. Then I get another email telling me that they did find it and that they would email me as soon as they went out. April came and went. I emailed them again in May, this time I was told that there was a problem with the picture I sent and that it never got in the book, but if I wanted to send in a couple more pictures they would make sure they got in the next book and that I would receive a couple of extra books at no extra charge for family. Or offered a refund. I opted for the refund. Still have not seen a dime from them.

I feel very stupid for falling for this scam, but when I first checked them out there was really no information about them and they were still in good standing with the BBB so I felt good about giving them my money.

I want everyone to know that this company is a scam and will take your money. I do know of people getting the books, but it took them over 6 months to get them and they are very poor quality and I also know of people that are still waiting for refunds.

STAY AWAY FROM BANANA BANA BABY, CINDY FLOWERS AND PAULA K! They will only take you for a ride. A very expensive ride.

:mad:

I was scammed by them as well and am trying to get my money back... Their last email to me said "Get a Life!". Can you believe that??? Did you ever get your money back?

BBB report;
    Banana Bana Baby
    10 Glenlake Pkwy NE Ste 130
    Atlanta, GA 30328-3495
    Telephone: (678) 222-3425
    bananabanababycontest.com

Original Business Start Date: August 2006
    Principal: Ms. Cindy Flowers, President
    Entity: Limited Liability Corporation
    Incorporated: August 2006, GA
    Employees: 4
    TOB Classification: Books-New, Baby Accessories & Services, Publishers-Book, Vanity Publishers
    BBB Membership: This company is not a member.
    Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a pattern of complaints and has failed to correct the underlying reason for the complaints.

The BBB has received complaints from consumers who were told that their baby had "won" and their picture would appear in an upcoming book. The cost of the book seems to be about $50. Some people order one book and others order three books. Most complaints concern non-delivery of books. The company has responded to most complaints by sending the ordered books or offering a refund.
    You can file a complaint with the BBB here; https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

I too have been burned by bananabanababycontest.com. I ordered and paid for 5 books in Feb 2007 and have yet to receive them. Whenever I emailed in the past there was always a printing delay and then the books were in the process of being shipped and now no response. I have contacted paypal since that is how I paid for the books, and am about to contact the BBB. Thanks for the link. I did find their number on the BBB online, so I am going to start leaving messages also. Hopefully I can get some money back but I doubt it. NEVER PAY THIS COMPANY. IT IS A TOTAL SCAM!!! :mad:

I, too, was scammed by Banana Bana Baby. I purchased one of their book in January and never received it. I received delay messages from them, then was infomed that the books were on the way. Never got anything. After that they would not respond to any e-mails and I could not reach them by phone. Since then I've seen all the complaints about them. I've filed complaints with the Atlanta BBB, the FTC, and the IFCC. I've also sent in a complaint to Paypal. As of today I noticed that Banana Bana Baby's website is suspended. Hopefully, they will catch these people.

I have filed the following complaints about bananabanababycontest.com and wanted to give you the links to do the same if you would like.

I have been filing complaints with everyone I can think of so hopefully something will get done to get our money back.

I have filed them with paypal, who cannot help because the transaction is too old

the FBI internet crimes division http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

the Better Business Bureau https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx once you give them preliminary information it allows you to search for the company by a few different methods. I used search by URL and entered www.bananabanababycontest.com and it found it right away.

Federal Trade Commission http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/cmplanding.shtm

the full company name is Banana Bana Baby LLC
    Company address
    10 Glen Lake Pkwy
    Suite 130
    Atlanta GA 30328

company email
    [email protected]

company phone

Company saleperson Cindy Flowers

I too have seen that their domain has been suspended, so at least now they cant rip off any more moms/dads than they already have!!
    Last edited by lma22; 10-18-2007 at 12:04 AM.

I too have been going through this for some time now! I filed a complaint with BBB & sent Banana Bana Baby a "nice" email about how I WOULD be the one to stop all of this. 2 weeks later their site was shut down!:yelcutelaughA: I then filed a request for one of the telivised court shows, and have been in touch with the business affairs for GA. If anyone has any "breakthroughs" please feel free to email me. Good Luck & hopefully one of us will give them what they deserve!:rryumy:

There is alot of scammy websites out there that ressemble this one. They say it's picture contest, litterature contest etc... But in fact, everyone wins!

What they do, is they take your picture, poem or whatever and put it in a book. If you want the book, you have to pay. You may also get offers to get it frames, to get a it mounted etc... All tricks to make you pay for a frame etc...

In other terms, they do publish the book (although it seems alot of people here didn't get it), they get the content for free from people that give it to them thinking it's a context and then make profit by making products out of what was given to them...

I am not sure I am clear. But all in all, just remember,it's not a contest and the plan is to have you fork out money for stuff you can have done on your own, without paying for shipping and handling and overhead fees...
    My blog - Sick and tired of people making others pay for information you can get free... Download 4 free ebooks on my page, no email asked or anything...

Good read - Information on different scams, not reviews, just info.

Another great forum - It'll help you with your affiliate marketing, and of course, it is free!

This company is long gone months ago. I think they were operating out of Canada so good luck on that TV deal. I'm truly sorry that everyone got taken advantage of. But you people should learn from your mistakes and get over it! Life goes on!:crazy1:lol

If you think we need to all get over it- why are you here in the first place?
    The point is not the $$ but the fact that these people have done this to ALOT of people & have benifited from new parents emotions & it is NOT RIGHT!
    Why would you even post something so rude?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary GG View Post
    This company is long gone months ago. I think they were operating out of Canada so good luck on that TV deal. I'm truly sorry that everyone got taken advantage of. But you people should learn from your mistakes and get over it! Life goes on!:crazy1:lol

Actually you should get your facts straight, it is not out of Canada, it is out of Georga. People might be able to get over it, if they were not still able to scam people. They need to be shut down, it's a crime. When that happens, I will get over it. It is not about the money.

I see that on their information on search engines their domain has been suspended, so they provider shutted them down. They probably would have still been running their scam business if they weren't forced shut.:frustrated:
    http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ba...est/3280588603
    Last edited by Samtheman; 02-06-2008 at 03:23 PM.

I Have To Honestly Say That These People Really Heartless And Cold. I Ordered Just One Book And Never Received It And That Was Back In June Of Last March "07" I Am Very Sad For Those Who Ordered Even More Books Than I Did!
    I Am However Delighted That They Were Shut Down!!! I Just Wish That They Would Have Been Caught Long Before They Got A Hold Of My Damn Money!!!! And I Know I Speak For Every Person That Got Taken Advantage Of!!!

I ordered 3 books in 2006. Never saw the books, nor a refund. I just hope that the law will take care of these people for all of us that were taken. I'm still very angry and upset, but need to let it go. If anyone ever gets any type of information about them, would love to hear it!

:madgo: