+ Reply to Thread

Send a letter to ABC in support of Ron Paul

The Preamble

ABC news recently ran an article on their website claiming that Ron Paul's recent surge in online popularity polls, and indeed, his internet presence as a whole is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3165894&page=1

The article presumes the following:

"So are the polls missing a Paul boomlet? Is the famously contrarian ob-gyn ... poised to surge into contention in the GOP field? Not likely. What's more likely, based on Web traffic over the past week, is that Paul supporters have mastered the art of "viral marketing," using Internet savvy and blog postings to create at least the perception of momentum for his long-shot presidential bid."

The article does go on to say that these tactics can help a candidate break into the mainstream, which I certainly hope happens. However, as a single, honest vote, and also a passionate supporter of Dr. Paul, I feel a bit slighted by the article. Perhaps there were some people voting multiple times in their passion for Paul, but I think ABC news does a great injustice to the huge number of people out here who personally and honestly believe in Paul and think he offers a new, real hope for America.

The Action

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3072379

To this effect, I would like to urge each of you to write a personal letter to ABC news in favor of Ron Paul, as a real, private individual. Remember, Dr. Paul was not even ON the original online post-debate poll ABC put on their website, and after great public outcry, they are responding with an actual article. I personally think that their interpretation of events is incorrect, and I urge each and every one of you to help prove the true depth of public support for Ron Paul.

I would like to believe that the media in America must eventual report the clear unbiased truth, if the people demand it strongly enough.

Let freedom ring.

Re: Send a letter to ABC in support of Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by cscirpoli
    I personally think that their interpretation of events is incorrect, and I urge each and every one of you to help prove the true depth of public support for Ron Paul.
    No depth of support here.
    I would like to believe that the media in America must eventual report the clear unbiased truth, if the people demand it strongly enough.
    I would like to believe the same. Alas we are both dreaming.
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    No depth of support here.
    I would like to believe the same. Alas we are both dreaming.
    Read what he stands for and look at his record, you may change your depth of support :)

Quote Originally Posted by cscirpoli
    Read what he stands for and look at his record, you may change your depth of support :)
    I've read and seen all I need to. Still looking for a candidate to support. He ain't that.
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.