+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My friend I believe is being scammed hscb bank London

Hello this is my first post.I have a friend that has been dealing with a person or persons from London supposed to be with the bank there HSCB .This has been going on now for 2 years and my friend has Given this person $70,000 and this guy says he will be flying to Chicago and will be here This thursday with the $800,000 for my friend.The money supposedly was in new york and now sits in a crate all in cash in Chicago.My friend has paid for armored trucks to move the money?A lawyers fee for the paper work(or my friend could have flown to london to do it)Now its down to the last transaction?The guy from London and his partner will be flying in to chicago(who knows)on thursday and he asked my friend to wire him another $1500 for the trip.The telephone # the guy uses is like a 044 0700 it doesnt match the HSCB bank telephone #s.He has stamped paperwork from nigeria that looks ligit kind of.With stamps on them certificate of something.I know this cant be true but my friend didnt ask or tell me about all this until recently.I guess I will be writing back to let you know what happens.
    Has there ever been anyone that has done this really come out with the money??Thanks,Born

Re: My friend I believe is being scammed hscb bank London

its HSBC bank, not HSCB, and your friend is being scammed.

This is the real HSBC Global website; http://www.hsbc.com/
    This is the real HSBC UK website, http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/

The AA419.org has a list of 45 fake websites using the name HSBC in one for or the other, one is still active at this time.
    WARNING, site listed below is a fake, it is not a real bank.
    HSBC Bank http://www.hsbcbnk-uk.com/

Other site listed that are no longer active are;
    HSBC BANK LONDON
    HSBC London
    And 42 others.

Yes, you friend is being scammed with a 419 scam, also called a Nigerian scam.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 05-30-2007 at 01:50 AM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Wow, I cant believe people really fall for the Nigerian scam
    Quote Originally Posted by gussser
    DC You post on so many different subjects that it hard to keep up with it all. Unconfuse me---ARE YOU JEWISH?????
    Take the Quiz! Are you left?Right? Middle?

The Quiz!

Quote Originally Posted by borninabarn
    Hello this is my first post.I have a friend that has been dealing with a person or persons from London supposed to be with the bank there HSCB .This has been going on now for 2 years and my friend has Given this person $70,000 and this guy says he will be flying to Chicago and will be here This thursday with the $800,000 for my friend.The money supposedly was in new york and now sits in a crate all in cash in Chicago.My friend has paid for armored trucks to move the money?A lawyers fee for the paper work(or my friend could have flown to london to do it)Now its down to the last transaction?The guy from London and his partner will be flying in to chicago(who knows)on thursday and he asked my friend to wire him another $1500 for the trip.The telephone # the guy uses is like a 044 0700 it doesnt match the HSCB bank telephone #s.He has stamped paperwork from nigeria that looks ligit kind of.With stamps on them certificate of something.I know this cant be true but my friend didnt ask or tell me about all this until recently.I guess I will be writing back to let you know what happens.
    Has there ever been anyone that has done this really come out with the money??Thanks,Born
    OK, your friend has been giving a stranger from Nigera $70,000 over a 2 year period, and hasn't seen a dime yet....and he still wants to know if it's a scam or not??

I'm feeling like this is a fake post....please tell me you made up that story.

Jack

They milked him for 2 years. Wow. And tell you friend to stop communicating with a scammer. He will take everything he can.
    Last edited by borisf96; 05-30-2007 at 02:04 AM.

No Jax I wish it was fake! He really believes this is going to happen on Thursday.He has put so much into it now.It will probley be a sad dael on Friday

wow. get the FBI involved in this one.

you are being scammed by a person and not by HSBC.

he can make a police report and take his losses off his taxes as a crime victim. i think.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxDevlin
    OK, your friend has been giving a stranger from Nigera $70,000 over a 2 year period, and hasn't seen a dime yet....and he still wants to know if it's a scam or not??

I'm feeling like this is a fake post....please tell me you made up that story.

Jack
    I agree, it makes me feel sick to my stomach that some one blows that much money getting scammed. I don't know whether to feel bad for the guy or call him a sucker. =S
    Patricia Lynne's Treasures
    Why should you look there? Because it's not a get rich scam.
    It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

He really believes this is going to happen on Thursday.He has put so much into it now.It will probley be a sad dael on Friday
    On Thursday the scammers will come up with yet another reason to ask him for more money - this is what has been going on for two years and it won't stop until he realises he's being scammed or he runs out of money, whichever happens first.

Unfortunately, most victims who are in this deep have real problems accepting that they've been scammed and their money is gone. I hope your friend is not like this but be prepared for him to get angry and deny what's obvious to you and everyone else.

You and/or your friend might find the following websites for victims of internet fraud useful: www.scamvictimsunited.org and http://fraudwatchers.org
    Last edited by leela; 05-30-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by borninabarn
    No Jax I wish it was fake! He really believes this is going to happen on Thursday.He has put so much into it now.It will probley be a sad dael on Friday
    If your post is real, please talk some sense into him. Show him this site, and try to find the Dateline special that deals with the Nigerian Email Scam. It's excellent! You may be able to find parts of it on YouTube. Chris Hanson exposes these dirtbags.

Once he's lead to another dead end tomorrow, maybe you can talk to him. It's hard to believe that people still fall for this, but I guess they do.

Make him become a regular poster to this site......could be a sort of rehab for him.

Good Luck!
    Jack

I forgot to add that your friend should report this crime to the police. They won't do much but these crimes need to be recorded so that eventually law enforcement will have to start taking them more seriously than they do at the moment.

Also, if he's given the scammer any financial information such as his bank account details, he should tell his bank immediately.

Have any of you heard of BARCLAYS BANK? This has to do with the thread !Reply ASAP.tHANKS Born

OK Friends this is A message just sent!Please read and reply only on this Forum. DO NOT GET any wild hairs and do anything about this!!!!!
    If this is a scam we need to keep this person on the line so he is not gone forever and everything is lost because someone does something!!PLEASE!!
    I also have telephone #s that ARE STILL ACTIVE and we dont want to loose them.If anyone knows how to trace these #s PLEASE RESPOND ASAP IF infact you know any thing!THANKS BORN

----- Original Message -----
    To:
    Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:46 PM
    Subject: Re: Thanks

Dear Mr. ******

It is never our obligation to look for investor for you. The money we requested from you is just our services charge. We have a lot of transfer for tomorrow that is why we cannot transfer yours therefore we have scheduled yours for Friday morning.

Please without the payment of the service charge we cannot proceed with the transfer. We contacted you because your information was submitted from United Nation for the delay from HSBC bank. Please comply for us to serve you well. Make the payment to our cashier Mrs. Erica Ryder through western union or money gram and send the information.

Thanks for your attention.

Andrew F. Cole.

[b]please Respond Asap Or Moderator Please Step In!