+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on this ARTICLE.

And not on me (note that, Mr I Matthews), on the article that I was sent, and not on me. :rolleyes:

I make no claims, on way or the other, as to how valid it is.

I was sent it, and am looking for people to either confirm or debunk.

Here it is;

http://journals.aol.com/foxxgiavani/...to-israel/3498
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Re: Thoughts on this ARTICLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    And not on me (note that, Mr I Matthews), on the article that I was sent, and not on me. :rolleyes:

I make no claims, on way or the other, as to how valid it is.

I was sent it, and am looking for people to either confirm or debunk.

Here it is;

http://journals.aol.com/foxxgiavani/...to-israel/3498
    Note this: You keep acting as if I was out of bounds before. I wasn't. You offered no citation last time. It is your responsibility to vet the information you present, lest it be debunked before your eyes and your motivations deemed highly dubious.

It's not character assassination, so quit making yourself a martyr.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 05-26-2007 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    Note this: You keep acting as if I was out of bounds before. I wasn't. You offered no citation last time. It is your responsibility to vet the information you present, lest it be debunked before your eyes and your motivations deemed highly dubious.

It's not character assassination, so quit making yourself a martyr.
    It was, because I did go on to explain myself THREE times, and yet, you smugly went "Oh, I still believe I am right anyway".

Besides, this is a new thread, on a new matter.

Do you have anything of value to add to it, or are you going call your little pals on to help you out again, this time?

:rolleyes:

It was, because I did go on to explain myself THREE times, and yet, you smugly went "Oh, I still believe I am right anyway".

Besides, this is a new thread, on a new matter.

Do you have anything of value to add to it, or are you going call your little pals on to help you out again, this time?

:rolleyes:
    What pals? I'm not on anybody's side on this forum, I'll end up disagreeing with everybody, usually on their tactics and dogmatic ideologies. Now who's making assumptions?

Speaking of smugness, you've never approached anything I've ever said without distancing yourself from your statements, and then rolling your eyes. How am I to treat you?

Anyway, this article looks really, really alarmist and I tend to take stuff from prisonplanet, rense, Alex Jones and the like with several huge grains of salt until there's lots and lots of evidence from legitimate sources to back it up.

So, if this article makes claims that you actually stand by, I would say the evidence if too scant for the claim to be taken seriously, and you'd have to provide more in order to be taken seriously.

You have many more assumptions about me that you have already alluded to regarding the Israel/Palestine issue. Where I decry your tactics, you see a political debate. That's another assumption.

Whatever.

Anyway, I myself thought the source might be suss, however, I then found this.

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/1998/11/16272

Whatever.

Anyway, I myself thought the source might be suss, however, I then found this.

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/1998/11/16272
    Yeah, the article led me to that article, but that one is equally scant and dubious. It's basically the first one stripped of the more alarmist rhetoric and obvious bias.

What you see as a bias against the claim is simple empiricism.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 05-26-2007 at 03:01 AM.

Well. as far as I'm concerned the article has zero credibility. It cites "unidentified Israeli military and Western intelligence sources" as it's source. In other words, there is no way for anyone to confirm or deny the story. For all we know they could (and likely are) just making it up. It might be true, they might be trying to make the weapons, but unless we have some way to confirm it what are we to think? I could write exactly the same article, but claim that Iran was creating ethnically targeted weapons to wipe out Jews, cite "unidentified Iranian military sources" and the article would have exactly the same credibility.

The article claims that these weapons have already been developed, but as far as I'm aware this would be a huge leap forward in biological research. The closest I have read of anyone actually succeeding in creating an ethnically discriminatory chemical was a recent treatment for asthma that was found to be far more effective on blacks than whites. There have been attempts in the past (the Apartheid regime gave it a go I think) but no successes.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    Well. as far as I'm concerned the article has zero credibility. It cites "unidentified Israeli military and Western intelligence sources" as it's source. In other words, there is no way for anyone to confirm or deny the story. For all we know they could (and likely are) just making it up. It might be true, they might be trying to make the weapons, but unless we have some way to confirm it what are we to think? I could write exactly the same article, but claim that Iran was creating ethnically targeted weapons to wipe out Jews, cite "unidentified Iranian military sources" and the article would have exactly the same credibility.

The article claims that these weapons have already been developed, but as far as I'm aware this would be a huge leap forward in biological research. The closest I have read of anyone actually succeeding in creating an ethnically discriminatory chemical was a recent treatment for asthma that was found to be far more effective on blacks than whites. There have been attempts in the past (the Apartheid regime gave it a go I think) but no successes.
    The article appeared first in the Sunday Times, a well respected broadsheet, in the UK.

Israel is reportedly developing a biological weapon that would harm Arabs while leaving Jews unaffected, according to a report in London's Sunday Times.
    The report, citing Israeli military and western intelligence sources, says that scientists are trying to identify distinctive genes carried by Arabs to create a genetically modified bacterium or virus.

The "ethno-bomb" is reportedly Israel's response to the threat that Iraq may be just weeks away from completing its own biological weapons.

The "ethno-bomb" program is based at Israel's Nes Tziyona research facility. Scientists are trying to use viruses and bacteria to alter DNA inside living cells and attack only those cells bearing Arabic genes.

The task is very complex because both Arabs and Jews are Semitic peoples. But according to the report, the Israelis have succeeded in isolating particular characteristics of certain Arabs, "particularly the Iraqi people."

Dedi Zucker, a member of the Israeli parliament, denounced the research in the Sunday Times. "Morally, based on our history, and our tradition and our experience, such a weapon is monstrous and should be denied."

Last month, Foreign Report claimed that Israel was following in the ignominious footsteps of apartheid-era research, in their supposed efforts to develop an "ethnic bullet."

Who knows how far down the road the murdering nation of Israel have got with this Kazza, but imo, the motive and the will are there

Besides, definitive proof of something did not stop the pro Israel Neo Con Bush Government from deciding that Iraq had 'weapons of mass destruction', and murdering tens and tens of thousands of civilians on such vague 'evidence'.

Meh, the Sunday Times isn't really respected. It's basically the equivalent of the New York Post or Washington Times stateside. It's more tabloid than anything.

Meh, the Sunday Times isn't really respected. It's basically the equivalent of the New York Post or Washington Times stateside. It's more tabloid than anything.
    Well, that is all a matter of perspective.

I am not from the US, therefore, I could not fully comment on the content of the NYP, or WT, and I guess since you are not from the US.....

My point was that this did not come from some far right, 'neo nazi' site.

That was all.

:)

Well, that is all a matter of perspective.

I am not from the US, therefore, I could not fully comment on the content of the NYP, or WT, and I guess since you are not from the US.....

My point was that this did not come from some far right, 'neo nazi' site.

That was all.

:)
    I'm from the US. I'm in Indiana.

Not only have I been to London many times, but you don't even have to go there to get the Sunday Times. Fancy, huh?

Anyway, check who owns The Sunday Times sometime.

I'm from the US. I'm in Indiana.

Not only have I been to London many times, but you don't even have to go there to get the Sunday Times. Fancy, huh?

Anyway, check who owns The Sunday Times sometime.
    Hey, guess what?

I used to work for what was then News International, I know full well who owns that group.

This is somewhat straying from the point.

Hey, guess what?

I used to work for what was then News International, I know full well who owns that group.

This is somewhat straying from the point.
    Well, there's not really any point left until more evidence of this specific weapons program is presented, so digressions aren't exactly digressing from anything.

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

The article appeared first in the Sunday Times, a well respected broadsheet, in the UK.

Israel is reportedly developing a biological weapon that would harm Arabs while leaving Jews unaffected, according to a report in London's Sunday Times.
    The report, citing Israeli military and western intelligence sources, says that scientists are trying to identify distinctive genes carried by Arabs to create a genetically modified bacterium or virus.

The "ethno-bomb" is reportedly Israel's response to the threat that Iraq may be just weeks away from completing its own biological weapons.

The "ethno-bomb" program is based at Israel's Nes Tziyona research facility. Scientists are trying to use viruses and bacteria to alter DNA inside living cells and attack only those cells bearing Arabic genes.

The task is very complex because both Arabs and Jews are Semitic peoples. But according to the report, the Israelis have succeeded in isolating particular characteristics of certain Arabs, "particularly the Iraqi people."

Dedi Zucker, a member of the Israeli parliament, denounced the research in the Sunday Times. "Morally, based on our history, and our tradition and our experience, such a weapon is monstrous and should be denied."

Last month, Foreign Report claimed that Israel was following in the ignominious footsteps of apartheid-era research, in their supposed efforts to develop an "ethnic bullet."

Who knows how far down the road the murdering nation of Israel have got with this Kazza, but imo, the motive and the will are there

Besides, definitive proof of something did not stop the pro Israel Neo Con Bush Government from deciding that Iraq had 'weapons of mass destruction', and murdering tens and tens of thousands of civilians on such vague 'evidence'.

Looks like the Zio-Nazis are determined to make Hitler and Mengele look like posers. But then again, Israel has always adopted its tactics directly from The Third Reich's play book. Hopefully, they'll get it developed soon and it will backfire right in their boner nosed faces, which is highly likely since the Jews and Arabs are ethnic cousins.

This could be the key to peace at last. Let's encourage it with all dispatch.
    "The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

Well, there's not really any point left until more evidence of this specific weapons program is presented, so digressions aren't exactly digressing from anything.
    Lol, the apartheid loving Bush Neo Con administration managed to murder tens and tens of thousands of people on much the same evidence!

I mentioned it in a previous post, on this thread, when I stated;

definitive proof of something did not stop the pro Israel Neo Con Bush Government from deciding that Iraq had 'weapons of mass destruction', and murdering tens and tens of thousands of civilians on such vague 'evidence'

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Looks like the Zio-Nazis are determined to make Hitler and Mengele look like posers. But then again, Israel has always adopted its tactics directly from The Third Reich's play book. Hopefully, they'll get it developed soon and it will backfire right in their boner nosed faces, which is highly likely since the Jews and Arabs are ethnic cousins.

This could be the key to peace at last. Let's encourage it with all dispatch.
    The update that I had read stated that Israel had though of this problem, and were working on ways around it.

There main enemy is Iran, and they are Persian, therefore, a different DNA, from what I am led to beleive.