+ Reply to Thread

selling property

hi
    any one got any low down on shady deals offered to legitimate property sellers on net??

Re: selling property

I have heard that some out of country buyers offer a large deposit and full price sight unseen.

They will pay extra to include the fee for their broker to come to USA.

Hallo,
    My parents live in France. They had a firm claiming to be investors ringing up and saying they wanted to buy the property outright, just my father would have to travel to Paris to sign the papers with their lawyer there. Apparently this guy was about to go on a business trip for 3 months so it would have to be this weekend. He big mouthed about buying a 3.5 million euro flat complex without going to see it and that it was quite normal to do business this way. As my father has no intention of going to Paris I'm not sure what the sting is, maybe they will say they will need a deposit, or maybe they will give a cheque that will bounce and in meantime sign papers to own the house! Who knows. Their fake website is : http://www.highcrest-investments.com/
    And their phoney name is Highcrest Capital Investments, I think they are just operating in France.

We actually had out hopes up a little bit before a bit of internet searching revealed that they had no substantive presence on-line and that actually their website is shody and full of bad grammar!

PS: just so it's clear if people google!
    SCAM Highcrest Capital Investments SCAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayte97 View Post
    I'm not sure what the sting is, maybe they will say they will need a deposit, or maybe they will give a cheque that will bounce and in meantime sign papers to own the house! Who knows.
    You are correct, it is a scam. It could be one that you listed or another or a combination. Fake check, fake bank transfer, lawyer fees, court filing costs, owner ship transfer fees. Or something more dangerous if your dad were to actually travel, robbery, kidnapping or worse.

Their fake website is : http://www.highcrest-investments.com/
    And their phoney name is Highcrest Capital Investments, I think they are just operating in France.
    Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com