+ Reply to Thread

Scamed by my customer!

I have a store online,selling fashion clothing,footwear,handbags,etc,I sold some Tshirts to one American customer,when he received our products,he said our products were not good and asked us to refund the money,otherwise he would ask paypal company to close our paypal account,our paypal account is a new account,we just accepted western union before,but recently many customers ask to use paypal payment,so we applicated this paypal account,but we scamed by the customer because of the paypal payment.Now what should I do?Thanks for any suggestion!If I refund the money ,I will lost money,otherwise I can't get the money from paypal company.

www.in-brands.com
    Last edited by Juily; 05-23-2007 at 01:42 PM.

Re: Scamed by my customer!

I would NOT issue a refund unless you indeed did something wrong or the products you sent this person actually did not show up in as-advertised condition.

I have had a PayPal account since PayPal opened decades ago. I have always known them to be good people who will listen to reason. They will not close your account simply on one complaint. If the customer presses the issue with PayPal then defend your position with them (PayPal.)

In any case, do not submit to this unreasonable customer's demands unless in your heart you know that he is right and you are wrong. ;)

If this customer is trying to scam you then issue your own complaint (include proper documentation) with PayPal and tell them that he is trying to blackmail you into getting free merchandise by saying that he will destroy your reputation with PayPal (which he (himself) can not) - PayPal will be more interested in closing his PayPal account after hearing this ;)
    Thanks
    NEO

ShitHomeCash.com - a site that pays you to fill out surveys, complete offers, and try products & services from our sponsors - many of the surveys, offers, products, and services are totally free!

I don't see where the scam is? If you are going to run a business such as a store you WILL have unhappy customers. Have him send the clothes back (he pays for return shipping) and THEN you refund the money. You will need to deal with refunds etc as a part of business. What am I missing here?

Perhaps you're missing the fact that the customer offering/being requested to return the merchandise was never mentioned. Perhaps the customer won't return them. I'm just playing devils advocate.

Tell the customer to return the merchandise if he is unhappy. And when he return the merchandise return his money. If he still insist on contacting Paypal I would take Neo advice and contact paypal.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Oh I entirely agree. There's no standing for this kind of crap, and if the idiot won't send the merchandise back and given all the rest of the circumstances, PayPal will most definitely laugh at the buyer and stick with your story. No worries, keep on top of this, and it'll ride out in your favor either way.

this is paypal's policy, they will issue a refund to the customer if he files a dispute. BUT, that money is not 100% his because in order for him to keep that money he still has to pay for shipping himself and ship your items that you sent to him back to you. State this in the dispute as well, and let the customer know.

Wait till the matter is sorted out, till then accept payments by Western Union