+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interac Universal Promotions

I need some help with Interac Universal Promotions. I just received a letter stating that I have won $52,000 USD for using my bank card because it is a safer way to do business. The company is based out of Canada apparently so I can find nothing on the BBB website. Their is a check for $980.30 that looks to be legit that is suppose to help me cover clearance fees. The check has a Sprint logo on it with a Sprint North Supply address on it. Please let me know if any has heard of this company, or if I have a fake check here. Thanks for the help.

Re: Interac Universal Promotions

You have a fake check and if you cash it you will be in a heap of trouble. Also there are no clearance fees. They just want you to wire some of $980.30 back.

I got one of those letters yesterday with a check of 3,990.54 and they said I won 2nd prize thru C.R.P Computer Reward Program
    And I need to call my agent before june 13 2007 or I won't be able to win my money with a total 48,009.46....is this really a scam????? My check say Beneficial Savings Bank Treasurers Account Philadelphia Pa.

I to received a letter from them with a check of 3990.54. I knew I had just gotten a credit card but had not used it enough for something like this. I called the bank that the check was issued from and they confirmed it to be fraud. Said to shred the check. They said that their fraud dept was checking into this, so hopefully this will be busted soon.

I have received the letter and the check. I deposited the check, I did not cash it. I intend to contact my bank first thing in the morning to discuss the possible fraudulent nature of this. I was able to talk to the person whose number was in the letter, and he told me to call him after I make the deposit. Perhaps I should confront him and find out what he says when I tell him I know it's a scam. Anybody have any ideas?

I received the same letter and deposited check. Can anyone tell me what I need to do or what will happen from depositing the check? Please advise.

I just recived a letter from Interac today. with a 1,980.00 check in with there letter and a promise of 50,020.00 USD more once the fee were sent in. I deposited the check after talking with a women who claimed to be Brenda Farnsworth, who assured me that the check was real. When I deposited it I talked with the teller about where I got the check, she was skepical but the check looked so real that she deposited it (scarry!!!!!!!) To m,y understanding if the check is not legit it will not go through and the person trying to cash it will recive a letter in the mail telling them that the check is invaild.
    Thank God for sites like these that inform people of what is going on and that most of us are smart enough to check the world wide web for info before commiting.
    I really hope these people get caught! There's nothing like haveing the dream of lifting the financial burden form your shoulders and being able to breath a bit in life only to have reality of it comming crashing back down on you all in a short 12 hours. If these people are punished for nothing else, they should be punished for instilling false hope into the lives of those they know need it. They are truely the worst kind of people alive, my their karma come back to hunt them!
    Last edited by moonstone; 07-25-2007 at 07:08 AM. Reason: wanted to write more

Quote Originally Posted by moonstone
    To m,y understanding if the check is not legit it will not go through and the person trying to cash it will recive a letter in the mail telling them that the check is invaild.
    And if you send scammer money back and do not listen to warnings, you will be out of money.

Quote Originally Posted by mchild00
    I received the same letter and deposited check. Can anyone tell me what I need to do or what will happen from depositing the check? Please advise.
    You either destroy this check or bring it to the cops. If you deposit it and send some money back you will lose that money and bank put a freeze on your account in a month. Depositing is just a bad proposition.

After reading all the post here the only thing I want to send them is a piece of my mind.

complete garbage. I got the same letter and check for $1980.00. What they do is you deposit the check they send you and you call the number and they ask you to wire money before the check clears. If you wire the money, it is gone. The check then get's returned to you along with lots of bank fees for attempting to cash a fraudulent check. STAY AWAY!!!!

Hi there,

I wanted to respond to your posting concerning the check you received from Interac Universal Promotions. I just returned home from work to find in my mailbox, a small brown envelope containing a letter and a bank check for $2,980 drawn on a Wachovia Account. Stated in the letter, exactly like your circumstances, I am told that I won $52,000 and that I should call the toll free number enclosed to find out what I should do next. The foreign lady on the other end tells me to deposit the check for $2980 immediately, wait 48-72 hrs. until the check clears, call her back and she will instruct me where to send them a check for $2980 to cover the the clearence fees. A light went off in my head immediately, as I remember this scam being revealed on the TV show Dateline. I know exactly how you felt went you opened that envelope and seen that check, as I too, so wish it could have been for real, because I certainly could use it!
    Anyhow, I took this check to my bank and questioned it's authenticity. The branch manager was almost positive it was not legit. She told me to take it to Wachovia Bank (which is right in my neighborhood) because this is the so - called bank that this check was drawn on. She told me they could immediately run the numbers located along the bottom of this check and tell me if in fact, this account even exists. Wachovia Bank is closed for the day so I will have to follow up on this tomorrow.
    When I came home I decided to do a google search on this company and when I typed in Interac Universal Promotions...WOW, there was 600 entries underlying this outfit as scam-artists!
    The name on the top of my check is ACADEMIA FURNITURE INDUSTRIES which is located in Wood Ridge, NJ. I googled this company also. The do exist but when I tried to call them, they were closed for the evening. This company sells school desks! What on earth does this have to do with being rewarded for using their bank cards??

Yes, unfortnately, we have been SCAMMED! Thank God, I didn't act impusively and run and cash that check!
    Hope you didn't either!

Good Luck!
    Sharon

I received this as well, and it immediately smelled like a scam to me. I just send an email to a buddy at the FBI to see if they have someone who would be interested in following up on this. I'll update after he replies.

i too recieved a letter from interac universal promotions claiming i've won 52,000.00US. But Why are they located in toronto canada? it said that that i should deposit a$2980.00 check they sent to cover clearance fees? be aware a total scam!!!

Today, I received the same letter. My check was for $3,150.00 and of course, I "won" 52k. I knew it was a scam because you NEVER have to pay (only taxes) to receive winnings. I called the company where the check was from "Chalks Trucks and Parts, Inc.", and asked the person who answered the phone about the "winnings". The man told me they have be receiving phone calls from all over the world and confirmed it was a scam. These people prey on "greedy" people. But not to worry! They will be found and prosecuted.

I recived the same letter today saying that the 2,100.50 us was to first send a money gramm and for I wouldn't have to pay taxes then they said they would send me a check for 85,000,00 us then they said this was for everytime I have used my credit card I was enterd into a drawing they said I was the second prizes winner my bank told me that was a scam.I hope they get cought.