+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Scientists changing their minds

Many of the former "man is causing global warming"/climate change are now
    turning around and saying they were wrong. Of course they were wrong.
    Nothing stays the same. Things evolve, even the climate. Lets hope we
    dont plunge into another Little Ice Age as the one that happened not that long ago.
    It was in the 40s last night here in TN and will be for several nights. We
    are in a cooling period. I hope it warms up! :D

Re: Scientists changing their minds

Which scientists?

I didnt take names. Its on the news...different sources, radio, t.v. Of course, you would not accept
    the idea that "algorythims" might be haywire anyway. By the same token I
    would never buy into the other side of it anyway either! No matter what
    scientists decide to say. So we will just continue to disagree. :)

Links? Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth
    Many of the former "man is causing global warming"/climate change are now
    turning around and saying they were wrong. Of course they were wrong.
    Nothing stays the same. Things evolve, even the climate. Lets hope we
    dont plunge into another Little Ice Age as the one that happened not that long ago.
    It was in the 40s last night here in TN and will be for several nights. We
    are in a cooling period. I hope it warms up! :D
    Well if you're cold GW I guess that proves it. :D I keep telling everybody it's not global warming, it's California warming. :cool:
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistyam
    Links? Proof?
    You think links are proof?

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    You think links are proof?
    It would certainly help corroborate a statement made that flies in the face of current evidence. I would tend to believe what scientists have to say over what GW has to say any day, but I am willing to listen to both sides. The only problem is, GW would not be considered very reputable without some sort of evidence.

I think it is a combo of things, a natural occurance on earth but when you mix it with all the pollution, it's accelerating faster than it would normally have done or maybe more severe than it would have been normally. Pumping all this pollution in the air was bound to have an effect - don't act surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    It would certainly help corroborate a statement made that flies in the face of current evidence. I would tend to believe what scientists have to say over what GW has to say any day, but I am willing to listen to both sides. The only problem is, GW would not be considered very reputable without some sort of evidence.
    I understand. I just enjoy people making their own argument. The earth is warming and man has caused a great deal of it. But I tire of clicking on links because someone can't express him/herself. Otherwise I'd spend all my time on the religious forum reading excerpts from the bible. I like real debating better. :)

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    I understand. I just enjoy people making their own argument. The earth is warming and man has caused a great deal of it. But I tire of clicking on links because someone can't express him/herself. Otherwise I'd spend all my time on the religious forum reading excerpts from the bible. I like real debating better. :)
    How can someone make an argument if they know nothing about the subject? I'm afraid I couldn't give much of an argument on say.... the virtues of flying a twin engine turboprop vs a single engine jet if I had no idea what a turboprop even was. And no one is forcing you to click anything. I don't click on every link provided and "real debating" is impossible if one of the participants is uneducated, unwilling, or just plain retarded. As my old coach used to say, "if you don't want to participate, don't spoil it for others".

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    I think it is a combo of things, a natural occurance on earth but when you mix it with all the pollution, it's accelerating faster than it would normally have done or maybe more severe than it would have been normally. Pumping all this pollution in the air was bound to have an effect - don't act surprised.
    I couldn't agree more. Pumping millions of tons of CO2, CH4 and countless other chemicals into the atmosphere has to have some effect. 5 billion people consuming resources at an ever increasing rate has to have some effect. Even if it isn't the direct cause of climate change, slowing down the rate at which it gets pumped into the atmosphere can't be a bad thing.

How can someone make an argument if they know nothing about the subject? I'm afraid I couldn't give much of an argument on say.... the virtues of flying a twin engine turboprop vs a single engine jet if I had no idea what a turboprop even was. And no one is forcing you to click anything. I don't click on every link provided and "real debating" is impossible if one of the participants is uneducated, unwilling, or just plain retarded. As my old coach used to say, "if you don't want to participate, don't spoil it for others".
    How am I possibly spoiling anything for others? Real debating certainly is impossible if one of the participants is uneducated. Sure doesn't stop many here though does it. That's why I don't join a debate without having some clue about what I'm talking about. I rarely click on links because I could probably find another link to dispute the first link unless we're talking about official documents or something. You're here for your reasons, me for mine, and mine are to debate with real people. Don't see how my asking if someone considers a link to be proof should ruin anything for anybody. Scroll on by if you'd like. I do that with alot of people.

Youre just exactly right. I never suggested anyone take my word on anything
    but it has been on the radio and news stations. Im just passing on what I
    heard. Now, wheres a link to show that you really exist???
    :p :D

Study: Southern Ocean saturated with CO2

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The Southern Ocean around Antarctica is so loaded with carbon dioxide that it can barely absorb any more, so more of the gas will stay in the atmosphere to warm up the planet, scientists reported Thursday.

Human activity is the main culprit, said researcher Corinne Le Quere, who called the finding very alarming.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science...eut/index.html

Then go stand in a corner un...youre spoiling it for others.... :p :D
    Again, where is a link to show you are real????? :rolleyes:
    Its hard to imagine there is really anyone so ornery and narrow minded. I want
    a link before I can really believe. :p

Quote Originally Posted by cheech
    Study: Southern Ocean saturated with CO2

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The Southern Ocean around Antarctica is so loaded with carbon dioxide that it can barely absorb any more, so more of the gas will stay in the atmosphere to warm up the planet, scientists reported Thursday.

Human activity is the main culprit, said researcher Corinne Le Quere, who called the finding very alarming.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science...eut/index.html
    "researcher"???? And that makes it credible??? Believe whatever you wish and
    I do the same. We are dreadfully insignificant in the universe and are arrogrant
    to think that we can change the world in any way short of blowing it up.
    Thank goodness we are warming. I wouldnt want to be around for the
    next big chill. :rolleyes: