+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: ok then

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    ok then

    I am tired of arguing. I am not going to change anyone’s mind and there is now a crap ton of my opinions on scam.com for the search engines to find.

    If anyone gives a rodent’s hind-end here are my thoughts.

    1. I came here trying to find info on Zeek and did. To my dismay my buddy still dropped 25 k and we will see if any of that comes back. The receiver does have a fund and he has applied.
    2. I believe there are good and decent folks involved in MLM and most companies are more than likely on the up and up. I knew a gal personally that made pretty good money in Mary Kay. Like 10k a month money, got the pink caddy and all that. I also know for fact that the woman above her (assuming the MK magazine was not lying) made 80k a month on average. But I also know that these stories are the outliers and not close to the norm. I also know that she spent every night and weekend on the phone pumping up her folks and if she did not do it the money fell off almost instantly.
    3. I also believe that where there’s smoke there is fire. I can’t imagine ALL the stories of deception and uplines pushing tools are lies and ancient history. I think the companies (wink wink nudge nudge) try to prevent such abuse and deception. Like don’t mention the A Word etc.
    4. I believe there are unscrupulous companies and leaders who live off of the churn. As long as people keep buying start kits, tools, sales aides etc. they are going to keep making money. I have seen too many stories now about the heavy hitters coming in with huge downlines in place where I am all but certain everyone at the top gets rich at the expense of the little guy. Then they move the whole deal to the next one and repeat.
    5. I think that many people are talked into MLM with way too much hype and not enough facts. This would explain a lot of the huge failure/dropout rate. I also think the system is somewhat set up to automatically blame the IBO and not the system.
    6. I believe there is a type of personality that always thinks the next one is the big one. They almost worship the process and blame themselves for each failure. These guys are the ones that make number 4 possible. I think a good indicator of this is how many people pop on here yelling that the new XXXXX company is the best thing ever and not a scam for 1 to 10 posts and then gone. Or maybe that is due to number 5?
    7. Lastly I believe there is a true fanaticism around MLM. You hear about the cult like behavior and after some of the debates on here I believe it. Like anything else, a small percentage of those that get involved in MLM will become a fanatic.



    So unless it just happens to make me laugh, I have no interest in arguing toothpaste tubes, prices, sales vs. no sales, ingredients in cactus juice. I will argue and discuss the logic and reason behind business, not just MLM but any business.

  2. #2
    James R's Avatar
    James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: ok then

    Yep...I see you got it!

    If ANYBODY who visits here and would take the posters/moderators seriously (I hope I don't get banned for that one!) then you have a serious problem called "reality".

    This place is like one of those new reality shows trying to re-invent reality on a constant basis.

    BTW..nice post!
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


    Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

  3. #3
    Yawn...'s Avatar
    Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds User Rank
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: ok then

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    ......
    So unless it just happens to make me laugh, I have no interest in arguing toothpaste tubes, prices, sales vs. no sales, ingredients in cactus juice. I will argue and discuss the logic and reason behind business, not just MLM but any business.
    But you gotta admit the toothpaste thread was freakin hilarious....

    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH™

  4. #4

    Re: ok then

    I think Mary Kay is one of the worst MLM and Avon hands down. But if people work hard then yes it can be possible but very few make it sucessfully. My sister did Avon and had little sucess. As long as their are products and services then I don't feel it is a scam. Yet if you do work and get nothing in return I believe that is a huge scam. Webinars and ebooks are an easy way to make a quick buck though I feel that unregulated crap is really raping the average consumer...if people sell those that is a sucker born every minute as in the movie Matilda...used car salesmen are up there in being decietful...lets not forget the TrueLies creep. So I bet their reputations are not too fond of either.:elvis:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: ok then

    Quote Originally Posted by Yawn... View Post
    But you gotta admit the toothpaste thread was freakin hilarious....

    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH™
    Yes it was

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: ok then

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    [*]I came here trying to find info on Zeek and did. To my dismay my buddy still dropped 25 k and we will see if any of that comes back. The receiver does have a fund and he has applied.
    Hope he gets some back, but to be frank Zeek and it's like always looked scammy to me

    [*]I believe there are good and decent folks involved in MLM and most companies are more than likely on the up and up. I knew a gal personally that made pretty good money in Mary Kay. Like 10k a month money, got the pink caddy and all that. I also know for fact that the woman above her (assuming the MK magazine was not lying) made 80k a month on average. But I also know that these stories are the outliers and not close to the norm. I also know that she spent every night and weekend on the phone pumping up her folks and if she did not do it the money fell off almost instantly.
    Can't speak for Mary Kay, but from personal experience I know if you find people who love the products, and help them learn how to order themselves, then the money keeps coming in, even if you do very little. If you find people who love the business, and train them, then the business keeps growing, even if you do very little.

    Don't do that and you've got yourself a job

    [*]I also believe that where there’s smoke there is fire. I can’t imagine ALL the stories of deception and uplines pushing tools are lies and ancient history. I think the companies (wink wink nudge nudge) try to prevent such abuse and deception. Like don’t mention the A Word etc.
    Agreed, the issue is that people like Joecool would have you believe that some smoke doesn't just mean there's a fire, it means the whole damn city is aflame.

    [*]I believe there are unscrupulous companies and leaders who live off of the churn. As long as people keep buying start kits, tools, sales aides etc. they are going to keep making money. I have seen too many stories now about the heavy hitters coming in with huge downlines in place where I am all but certain everyone at the top gets rich at the expense of the little guy. Then they move the whole deal to the next one and repeat.
    Yup. And they damage the reputation of the business model for those trying to run sensible, profitable, legal businesses.

    [*]I think that many people are talked into MLM with way too much hype and not enough facts. This would explain a lot of the huge failure/dropout rate. I also think the system is somewhat set up to automatically blame the IBO and not the system.
    I agree with the first, but not the second. The reason being that the system is setup to allow anyone to give it a try at low risk. Saying someone tried it and didn't think it was for them isn't "blaming" them, and it's not them, or the system failing - it's the system working.

    [*]I believe there is a type of personality that always thinks the next one is the big one. They almost worship the process and blame themselves for each failure. These guys are the ones that make number 4 possible. I think a good indicator of this is how many people pop on here yelling that the new XXXXX company is the best thing ever and not a scam for 1 to 10 posts and then gone. Or maybe that is due to number 5?
    Yup, see my comment earlier about them damaging the model's reputation

    [*]Lastly I believe there is a true fanaticism around MLM. You hear about the cult like behavior and after some of the debates on here I believe it. Like anything else, a small percentage of those that get involved in MLM will become a fanatic.
    Agreed
    Last edited by IBOFightBack; 08-26-2013 at 02:44 PM.

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,462

    Re: ok then

    [QUOTE=IBOFightBack;1383034]
    [*]Lastly I believe there is a true fanaticism around MLM. You hear about the cult like behavior and after some of the debates on here I believe it. Like anything else, a small percentage of those that get involved in MLM will become a fanatic.[/LIST]

    Agreed
    Some people are so desperate to defend MLM that they use smaller toothpaste tube holes as a way to say you save money and get better value even when the evidence clearly shows that to be false.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: ok then

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    [*]I came here trying to find info on Zeek and did. To my dismay my buddy still dropped 25 k and we will see if any of that comes back. The receiver does have a fund and he has applied.
    Hope he gets some back, but to be frank Zeek and it's like always looked scammy to me

    [*]I believe there are good and decent folks involved in MLM and most companies are more than likely on the up and up. I knew a gal personally that made pretty good money in Mary Kay. Like 10k a month money, got the pink caddy and all that. I also know for fact that the woman above her (assuming the MK magazine was not lying) made 80k a month on average. But I also know that these stories are the outliers and not close to the norm. I also know that she spent every night and weekend on the phone pumping up her folks and if she did not do it the money fell off almost instantly.
    Can't speak for Mary Kay, but from personal experience I know if you find people who love the products, and help them learn how to order themselves, then the money keeps coming in, even if you do very little. If you find people who love the business, and train them, then the business keeps growing, even if you do very little.

    Don't do that and you've got yourself a job

    [*]I also believe that where there’s smoke there is fire. I can’t imagine ALL the stories of deception and uplines pushing tools are lies and ancient history. I think the companies (wink wink nudge nudge) try to prevent such abuse and deception. Like don’t mention the A Word etc.
    Agreed, the issue is that people like Joecool would have you believe that some smoke doesn't just mean there's a fire, it means the whole damn city is aflame.

    [*]I believe there are unscrupulous companies and leaders who live off of the churn. As long as people keep buying start kits, tools, sales aides etc. they are going to keep making money. I have seen too many stories now about the heavy hitters coming in with huge downlines in place where I am all but certain everyone at the top gets rich at the expense of the little guy. Then they move the whole deal to the next one and repeat.
    Yup. And they damage the reputation of the business model for those trying to run sensible, profitable, legal businesses.

    [*]I think that many people are talked into MLM with way too much hype and not enough facts. This would explain a lot of the huge failure/dropout rate. I also think the system is somewhat set up to automatically blame the IBO and not the system.
    I agree with the first, but not the second. The reason being that the system is setup to allow anyone to give it a try at low risk. Saying someone tried it and didn't think it was for them isn't "blaming" them, and it's not them, or the system failing - it's the system working.

    [*]I believe there is a type of personality that always thinks the next one is the big one. They almost worship the process and blame themselves for each failure. These guys are the ones that make number 4 possible. I think a good indicator of this is how many people pop on here yelling that the new XXXXX company is the best thing ever and not a scam for 1 to 10 posts and then gone. Or maybe that is due to number 5?
    Yup, see my comment earlier about them damaging the model's reputation

    [*]Lastly I believe there is a true fanaticism around MLM. You hear about the cult like behavior and after some of the debates on here I believe it. Like anything else, a small percentage of those that get involved in MLM will become a fanatic.
    Agreed
    Last edited by IBOFightBack; 08-26-2013 at 04:06 PM.

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,462

    Re: ok then

    Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    Agreed, the issue is that people like Joecool would have you believe that some smoke doesn't just mean there's a fire, it means the whole damn city is aflame.
    Funny how you claim there's no fire when you can't even see the city.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: ok then

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Funny how you claim there's no fire when you can't even see the city.
    Funny how you claim I claim there's no fire when ... I don't

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: ok then

    Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    Hope he gets some back, but to be frank Zeek and it's like always looked scammy to me

    Amazingly enough there was a good size pile of money when the feds stepped in. I think it was something like 100 mil. I think that is roughly a third of the money taken in so he may get some back. I have no idea about the claw back. Won't affect him since he never took a dime out but he knew people that were getting checks for 20k a month. Which of course is how a Ponzi gets investors.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •