+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Via Entertainment a.ka. www.viamodels.com

Via Entertainment a.k.a www.viamodels.com
    202 East Earll Drive Suite 185
    Phoenix, AZ 85012
    602-248-3681

What can I say about this company.

It is sad but true, Via Entertainment has unfortunately gotten away with thousands of honest peoples dollars who have tried to get into ShowBiz.

My personal experience:

I called Via Entertainment when we were first starting out! I met with a man named Eric Farris who told me my kids had the perfect look for print, commercials and movies! What a load of crap!
    I was suckered into paying $350 to them for professional photos. I will give them this, the photos were of good quality, but I know that many others were not so fortunate.
    The photo session was a joke! They had a "so called" photographer come in from Vegas once a month and massively overbooked talent.

I am going to make this story short!

Once I recieved my "professional photos", I never heard a word from them again. If I knew then what I know now about the Biz, I never would have even gone into my appointment with them to begin with. They have NEVER booked my kids anything, and after numerous calls on my part to see where all these so called "Hannah Montana", and "Disney Channel", Casting Calls were I have just given up and list them as a SCAM COMPANY!

Beware of Via Entertainment! They are the bottom of the barrel!
    Last edited by just_scams; 05-16-2007 at 03:43 AM.

Re: Via Entertainment a.ka. www.viamodels.com

FINALLY!

Someone took the time to expose this company!

I too got photos done by Via Entertainment! They turned out morbid! $350 for 3 contact sheets of photos and they all WERE NOT AT ALL professional quality!

This company also has an office in Coloroado, the fact that they are still in business is simply amazing. I have never heard back from them since I received my photos. Everyone in that office is unprofessional! I would like to hear from JUST 1 working actor that has had any work from them.

I see complaints about them on Craigslist all the time! Why has NO ONE ever warned others about them until now?
    Whoever made this post, thank you.

Citizens in Phoenix need to stand up and expose these thieves that go under the name Via Entertainmment!

I see complaints about this company all the time in Craigslist! Why is this company still in business? Are they making THAT much money off of their scams?
    This company sells photos, plain and simple! I have NEVER heard of anyone getting any work off of them!
    I hope they go out of business! (like we should be so lucky)

Hi I came across the complaint that you have on here about Via and I also found complaints from others stating the same thing that you said they did to you in your complaint and I was in the process of trying to set my daughter up with them and after doing extensive research I found out that they are a scam and I would really like to talk to you about this matter you can e-mail me at e-loves-p@hotmail.com thank you.

Another disgruntled customer who has experienced Via Entertainment!
    Quoted from Craiglist.com http://phoenix.craigslist.org/tfr/358016591.html

RE. batman,indie films beware

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: see below
    Date: 2007-06-22, 1:26PM MST

The company is via entertainment, they will bring you in, tell you what possibilities You have, and ask you for money for a photo shoot.
    KNOW THIS!!! If they are legit they do not ask for money up front, I know this
    Because I am an actor myself.

If you’re smart tell them you will pay them double the fee out of your first check For your first legit job and see what they say.

Save your money and be vary wary and this goes for any company that want’s
    Money up front.
    Last edited by just_scams; 06-23-2007 at 02:10 AM.

This shady company is getting alot of recognition on Phoenix Craigslist!
    Here are 2 more people who took the time to post thier disgrace!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/tfr/358195034.html
    RE: Casting for Indiana Jones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: job-358195034@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-06-22, 5:45PM MST

I am a very experienced director/actor/producer from Hollywod. I now live in Phoenix. Believe me when I tell you...the casting directors for Indiana Jones (and all big Hollywood pictures) DO NOT use Craigs List for casting. Nor do they contract out to the people who list these ads.

AND...it is true,,,NEVER pay anyone who tells you that you need new pictures and then they can submit you. That's BULL. Even if you get the best pictures in the world, these scam artists don't have the clout to get your picture on the casting director's desk.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/tfr/358356754.html
    RE: INDIANA JONES CASTING

Reply to: job-358356754@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-06-22, 11:25PM MST

BEWAREOF ANY AD THAT COMES FROM VIA ENTERTAINMENT
    THEY MAKE YOU COME IN FOR AN INTERVIEW AND THEN CONVINCE YOU THAT YOU HAVE A GREAT LOOK

THE ONLY WAY THAT THEY CAN GET YOU WORK IS IF YOU USE THEIRPHOTOGRAPHER AND PAY $35O.

ONCE YOU'VE DONE THAT, THEY ASK YOU TO PAY ANOTHER $150 TO PUT YOUR PORTFOLIO TOGETHER

BOTTOM LINE, IF YOU DIAL THE NUMBER, AND THE ANSWER, "VIA ENTERTAINMENT", HANGUP
    I have read a post that states this Company may be shutting it's doors!
    Let's pray this is true!

Last week my daughter called me and she was so excited about Via Entertainment and their offer to her. She said if we just paid $50.00 at least now it would hold her a spot because they only had two. She gave them a deposit of $50.00 and I told her I wanted to do some research. I am so glad you all have taken the time to make these comments. My daughter is very sad but at least she isn't out a lot of money to these scam artists. Thanks

I too was some what scammed by via entertainment. I responded to a want ad in the Arizona Republic for models for a hair show (they said you could make up to $500 per show). I called and got an interview. I went in and was not thrilled about the location or the office itself, it did not look professional.
    The compliments seemed all to planned and startegic. The photos they showed me did not look pofessional and their show books did not look good either.
    They tried suckering me into the same $350 for pro photos even though I have already had some done and it seemed an strange coincidence that the photographer was fly down this weekend to do the photos. I was unsure about the whole thing but I put a depoist down, the guy made it seem like he was doing me a huge favor by holding off on the rest of the payment til the shoot. As soon as I got home I started looking this company up. In the last 36 months they have had 15 different kinds of complaints just at the AZ office. To check out the different forms go to bbb.com and look up Via Entertainment. This place is a scam!!! beware of the want ads in the Arizona Republic they do not mention their name in the ad.

Via Entertainment /Via Models /Media Entertainment

Well everyone, I have re-registered on scam.com because it has been so long since I signed in I forgot what my password, etc was, lol!

Well, I'm back! :
    I thought that Via Entertainment had finally closed their doors but to my dismay, it looks like they have come back out of the woodword to screw over more poor souls who are trying to break into the Entertainment Business.

I just read this post on Phoenix Craigslist this afternoon.....
    SCAM !!! Via Entertainment / Media Entertainment ! (Go to hell !)

Reply to: job-872846237@craigslist.org [?]
    Date: 2008-10-09, 12:05PM MST

To all aspiring actors, parents, ...

BEWARE of any ad that comes from VIA ENTERTAINMENT or MEDIA ENTERTAINMENT !!!!!

That is the classical rip off method. They promise you work in movies, commercials, etc. All they do is getting you to pay LOTS of money for some headshots.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=26259

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/276/RipOff0276843.htm
    Looks like Via Entertainment has a new a.k.a they hide under which is "Media Entertainment".

PLEASE DON'T GIVE ANY OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO THIS COMPANY. They are laughed at by every legitimate casting Agency in this city, which is Phoenix, AZ.

10. 10-09-2008, 04:19 PM

Reason
    duplicates

11. 10-09-2008, 04:22 PM

Reason
    duplicates

12. 10-09-2008, 04:24 PM

Reason
    duplicates

13. 10-09-2008, 04:27 PM

Reason
    duplicates

14. 10-09-2008, 04:28 PM

Reason
    duplicates

Via Entertainment /Via Models /Media Entertainment

Well everyone, I have re-registered on scam.com because it has been so long since I signed in I forgot what my password, etc was, lol!

Well, I'm back! :
    I thought that Via Entertainment had finally closed their doors but to my dismay, it looks like they have come back out of the woodwork to screw over more poor souls who are trying to break into the Entertainment Business.

I just read this post on Phoenix Craigslist this afternoon.....

Click here for the link

Looks like Via Entertainment has a new a.k.a they hide under which is "Media Entertainment".

PLEASE DON'T GIVE ANY OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO THIS COMPANY. They are laughed at by every legitimate casting Agency in this city, which is Phoenix, AZ.

Here is another link I found when I googled Via Entertainment. More and more people who have fallen prey. I really hope this post has helped some people before they became victim: http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...nt-c61941.html
    Last edited by just_scams_again...; 10-09-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Here is the post from Craigslist. For some reason scam.com wouldn't let me post the quote in my original message....

Reply to: job-872846237@craigslist.org [?]
    Date: 2008-10-09, 12:05PM MST

To all aspiring actors, parents, ...

BEWARE of any ad that comes from VIA ENTERTAINMENT or MEDIA ENTERTAINMENT !!!!!

That is the classical ripp off method. They promise you work in movies, commercials, etc. All they do is getting you to pay LOTS of money for some headshots.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=26259

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/276/RipOff0276843.htm

My apologies for only giving the link to the Craigslist post. I would have quoted it, but for some reason scam.com would not let me :freak3:
    I don't know why....

Maybe I am naive but as a beginner, this outfit does not seem to me to be scam artists. Unless you already have pictures, the cost of their fotog does not appear to be outrageous, and they seem to have plenty of promo work to help pay for these while one is getting started.

They do have a few credits to their name for some independent projects, and nothing prevents an actor or model from using a big-time agency like Empire if they wish to. Via's casting call lists are fairly limited but there are free casting calls on the Internet with hundreds/thousands listed (most out-of-town).

Since they're not as "big-time" as some, nor are they a typical casting agency, they have to stay in business somehow between projects so maybe the photos are that bridge.

I noticed some postings complained about not receiving calls. However, according to their limited contract, it's up to the person to obtain the casting call lists and call in for promo work. As an actor in my younger days, I know that beginning actors need to pursue the jobs themselves, unless the actor was one of those million-to-one people who were "discovered".

Personally, I just need some part-time work to supplement the low-paying retirement plan. It seems like some of the complainers need to contact one of the four top agencies in Phoenix if they want to really "go for it" big time or move to New York or L.A. where there are many, many auditions compared to a few in Phoenix.

Best of luck to the serious actors & models. Hope you get what you want.

An early retiree.

Quote Originally Posted by jimc76 View Post
    Unless you already have pictures, the cost of their fotog does not appear to be outrageous, and they seem to have plenty of promo work to help pay for these while one is getting started.

Via Entertainment, Via Models, Media Entertainment, whichever name they choose to go under to promote themselves, call talent into their office and tell them they "have" and "do" cast their talent in Disney and other high profile projects in the Entertainment Industry. They then tell you that you "MUST" buy their photos at a cost of $350 to be listed in their database. You CANNOT bring in your own images. Even if they were taken by a legitimate local talent photographer. (A photographer all SAG agencies in Phoenix area use as well.)

If this is a business that you deem respectful, by all means go ahead and use them. I for one would love to hear from the people who HAVE landed gigs though them and HAVE received their paycheck. I have heard complaint after complaint about them.

I will give you this...$350 is not an outrageous price for professional photos, but I will also tell you that the photographer they bring in takes glamour images, not an actors headshot. (If you are a newbie to the entertainment industry, there is a BIG DIFFERENCE).

Well I already have acting headshots on my own website and on two other companies' websites. So the so-called "glamor shots" will be helpful as well and were requested by some directors with whom I have auditions scheduled. One other "agency" with whom I'm signed had high praise for their pictures, though they said they don't have as many placements as others in this area as they do in Colorado (I did check out that office too and BTW, Via is opening a new office in Missouri).

What Via does is the same as many other "agencies". like Onesource, etc., who charge over $1000 for similar services. They all have at least one good credit to give as examples. I'd be more concerned about a place like Onesource - went there to find a big sales pitch in a conference room of 50 or more people & when I found out the charges, I walked out.

Via is a business and they wouldn't be around for a while, open new offices, etc. if they weren't getting SOME results. If you get professional photos, the photographer has to get paid somehow. And Via has to stay in business so they need to be paid also for doing things for someone that might not make them any money for a while - especially from people who aren't proactive about their careers. It's up to the actor to get their casting call list and apply - not wait for phone calls - that's explained up front by Via so it's hard to understand some of these complaints.

If you're a newbie, you can't expect to walk into an agency like Empire with little or no experience, training etc. and expect them to promote you. Most advisors in this business that I've talked to tell me that I need some credits, experience, training, good headshots, etc. first.
    If you go to Starmaker, you can get non-professional headshot photos for a lot less and they'll actively market you. Sign up with Talent6 and they'll post your homebrew pix but you'll get mostly non-paid student and independent film roles - good for a newbie needing experience & credits but probably not for an experienced film actor.

It appears to me that some of these "complaints" might come from competitors. I'd like to see some real names so I can check anonymously with Via to see if they're really registered with them. That would help me to check them out, but I will still go ahead with fotos since many say they're good.

So are you saying you already paid Via Entertainment for photos?

If this company makes their money from selling photos, then by all means, market your company as a photo studio. Don't lie to people and promise them things that are a farse. They call themselves a Casting Agency. I am assuming that because you seem to enjoy arguing with me about this company you know the difference between a Casting Agency and a Talent Agency. If not, I suggest you continue on in your research about being a working actor.

I can also see from your list of Internet Companies that you are really on the wrong road. Every Company you listed will not do alot for you.

I wish you luck! Please let me know if Via Entertainment, or whatever they're calling themselves now, gets you creditable work. You would be the 1st I would know of (except of course for hearing about the hairshows, lmao)