+ Reply to Thread

I got paid 4 K by scammer and am still paid?

I got paid $4,500 for my cell phone which I have not shipped.
    I told my bank all about it and have had the money in my bank account for months now. No contacts by anyone. I spoke to the company on the check ,told them all about it, gave them all the info, they said it was a scam but nothings happened. I have 2 other checks for 2,500 each still uncashed from same deal.
    I changed my bank account right away as suggested by my bank.
    I want to give the money back but I am not trusting anyone.The local police wont take a report because I was not damaged.

Re: I got paid 4 K by scammer and am still paid?

Whoa!
    1. Do you still have your cell phone?
    2. Was this an Ebay transaction? Was this an "off Ebay" transaction?
    3. Did the buyer want it shipped to Nigeria or somewhere out of the USA?
    4. Have you heard from the buyer since?

It is possible you have been paid with a bad check or with stolen funds.

Please provide more details so we can help you.

What was the deal? Was it one of the things where they want you to keep a certain amount and send them a certain amount?

The buyer may have used stolen funds

It will take some time,but the checks will bounce.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Yes -I still have phone
    This was NOT an ebay sale, he wanted it shipped out of USA.Have not heard from buyer for a month now.
    I know its very possible from stolen funds but whos stolen funds?
    As I said I contacted everyone (my banks fraud expert and issuing company and now I dont trust anyone, so I think I will wait till someone demands repayment.
    Wonder how long I will wait?
    Now I am being asked from yesterdays post to do just about the same thing, I know its a scam so I wont reply but I really want to know how I can get these guys busted without it taking my whole life time to do it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonguy View Post
    I got paid $4,500 for my cell phone which I have not shipped.
    I told my bank all about it and have had the money in my bank account for months now. No contacts by anyone. I spoke to the company on the check ,told them all about it, gave them all the info, they said it was a scam but nothings happened. I have 2 other checks for 2,500 each still uncashed from same deal.
    I changed my bank account right away as suggested by my bank.
    I want to give the money back but I am not trusting anyone.The local police wont take a report because I was not damaged.
    If you took people money and not ship item, you may be checked by the person who paid that money. one day you will be caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonguy View Post
    Yes -I still have phone
    This was NOT an ebay sale, he wanted it shipped out of USA.Have not heard from buyer for a month now.
    I know its very possible from stolen funds but whos stolen funds?
    As I said I contacted everyone (my banks fraud expert and issuing company and now I dont trust anyone, so I think I will wait till someone demands repayment.
    Wonder how long I will wait?
    Now I am being asked from yesterdays post to do just about the same thing, I know its a scam so I wont reply but I really want to know how I can get these guys busted without it taking my whole life time to do it in.
    if the payer did not get your phone, he will report to police, police would check the IP in your account and find you out and arrest you, dont think that you dont have to be responsible. many people steal money from ebay people. finally still, police locate them and they got arrested.

dont risk yourself on such illegal things.

especially if you have religion (Christian, Catholic or Buddhism) if you not honest, God would even punish you suddenly, it is even NOT WORTH.

be honest, find the person out, send your phone to that person. or else, the $4500 would cause you big trouble if he/she report police. they can find you out. it's illegal to take people's money.

the buyer must be conscious that he paid money to OP (original poster) so if there is no item within a certein time,he.she would be calling police or internet polcie to see where you locate and catch u,better send the item to the dude