+ Reply to Thread

Any One Heard Of The Loan Consultants, Inc in L.A.

Has Anyone In Southern California Heard Of

The Loan Consultants, Inc in L.A. CA

it is another one that puts people in the mortgage business
    has anyone had any problem with these people,
    in southern California or any other state?
    they charge $12,500. 5 years ago, I think it is $16,000. to $20,000. now.
    :confused:

Re: Any One Heard Of The Loan Consultants, Inc in L.A.

You dont have to pay someone to get into the mortgage business. Find a mortgage broker that hires and trains newbies. Learn the ropes under someone who has succeeded and open your own broker shop when you are ready.

Obvious scam. If you pay for training/education, you should pay only to accredited schools. If somebody trains you on the spot, he should not charge you. Worst case scenario, you will work for him for free for a few month.

Quote Originally Posted by juliethebulie
    Has Anyone In Southern California Heard Of

The Loan Consultants, Inc in L.A. CA

it is another one that puts people in the mortgage business
    has anyone had any problem with these people,
    in southern California or any other state?
    they charge $12,500. 5 years ago, I think it is $16,000. to $20,000. now.
    :confused:
    I took their commercail training in 1998. Paid $9850. Got 3 days of immersion training. Not bad, but to understand it you really needed some previous financial background and a good understanding of how to read a financial statement. I had that, so I got something from the training. I've worked part time as a commercial loan broker since then, and made way more than my cost back every single year. Their support is good, but you have to chase it. Less than 30 days ago I called and asked for an updated lenders list and it arrived in two days. After about six months I really didn't need them much anymore, but they have always taken my call and been responsive.

Is it worth it? It was to me. Two of the people that were in my class of six are still working, they call me from time to time. I don't know about the others.

I'm also a licensed mortgage loan officer in about 20 states, and a Texas real estate agent. To learn residential mortgages just go get hired as a loan officer trainee at a reputable mortgage company. You'll get trained and maybe get paid.

Here's the real key, in my opinion. You have GOT to be willing and able to market yourself and make sales calls, and you've got to be able to motivate yourself to do it every day.

Good luck in your endeavors.
    Passing Gas

"what everyone does on scam.com" :eek:

Re: Any One Heard Of The Loan Consultants, Inc in

I have worked with these guys before. They check out.
    Thank you,
    Tiny

Re: Any One Heard Of The Loan Consultants, Inc in

I came across this post while I was researching another company and I can tell you that they are definitely NOT a scam. I worked for the loan consultants for over 4 years and never saw anything shady or misleading or anything of that nature. Their program is not for everyone, but The Loan Consultants provides its clients with a proven business model to own their own company and make money from the day they walk out of the initial training. The clients keep 100% because they are dealing directly with the lenders and they get lifetime support which is the department I worked in. During my time there, I talked with people who joined the program 10 or 15 years ago, but we still help them out and did not charge them to do it.

You can try to learn the business by going to work for another broker like someone here suggested but they will also keep at least 50% of your commissions. Also, no broker out there wants to train its competition so they won’t teach you how to run your own business. Why would they? So the same guy who came in to learn the business can go and open up shop across the street?

These types of vague comments by people who don’t know the company such as the ones above are irrelevant. Also, keep in mind that the Loan Consultants have been around for something like 25 or 30 years! I have NEVER heard of a “Scam” being around for that long!

I am pretty sure The Loan Consultants is not aware of this post yet so I will go ahead and forward this to people I know who still work there.

Meanwhile, good luck with your venture!

Arnold S.
    Last edited by ArnoldS; 09-14-2011 at 12:46 PM.

7. 09-14-2011, 11:18 AM

Reason
    Duplicate