+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Job scam

Job scam

New job scam for Crown Jewel Hotel, a Five Star Hotel, Penang, Malaysia. They are sending false appointment letter and asking to deposit $650 as work permit fee from people from INDIA.

Any body affected?

Re: Job scam

In which bank do you have to deposit the money?

They have asked for money transfer via western union. The details are follows:
    (
    Copy & Paste)
    Advocate and Solicitor,Immigration Consultant,Banking and security documentation,,Insurance & Barrister at Business acquisitions and disposals,Financial services, Trusts, Wills and Probate
    Mohd Najid Bin Rasli (Principal Partner) 170 Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur ,malaysia
    Choy Siew Lee (Associate Lawyer) Tel: + +60173615771 Fax: +60372029998
    Hassan Ahmed(Secretary) Email: [email protected]
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

DEAR VALUED CLIENT,

THANKS FOR CONTACTING THIS HONOURABLE CHAMBERS.YOUR JOB OFFER HAS BEEN COMMUNICATED TO US BY THE AD HOC RECRUITMENT PANEL OF CROWN JEWEL HOTEL, PENANG,MALAYSIA….

WE SHALL OBTAIN THE EMPLOYMENT AUTHORISATION/PASS(WORK PERMIT), THEN FAX A COPY TO YOU FOR ENTRY VISA PROCESSING WITH ANY FOREIGN MALAYSIA EMBASSIES. WE SHALL FIND OUT IF THERE IS MALAYSIA EMBASSY IN YOUR COUNTRY, IF NOT WE SHALL ASSIST IN OTHER WAYS.

HOWEVER, YOU DO NEED AN EMPLOYMENT AUTHORISATION/PASS(WORK PERMIT) TO TAKE UP EMPLOYEMNT IN MALAYSIA. OUR OFFICE WILL SUBMIT THE NECESSARY APPLICATION TOGETHER WITH COPIES OF YOUR SCANNED INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT TO THE IMMIGRATION AUTHORITY FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORISATION/PASS APPROVAL(WORK PERMIT)..BEFORE APPROVAL,YOUR EMPLOYER (CROWN JEWEL HOTEL,PENANG,MALAYSIA ) WILL CONTACT YOU WITH THE ORIGINAL COPIES AND OTHER RELATED DOCUMENTS BEFORE YOU PROCEED TO MALAYSIA.

UPON ARRIVAL AT THE AIRPORT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PRODUCE THE EMPLOYMENT AUTHORISATION/PASS APPROVAL(WORK PERMITAPPROVAL) LETTER BEFORE AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER WHO WILL THEN DO THE NEEDFUL.A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT AND YOUR OFFICIAL APPOINTMENT LETTER ARE HEREBY REQUIRE TO PROCESS YOUR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORISATION/PASS(WORK PERMIT), BELOW ARE OUR LEGAL FIRM PROFESSIONAL SERVICE CHARGES/FEES.
    CONSULTATION FEES/ $100 USD
    IMMIGRATION DUTY STAMP/APPLICATION/ $ 150 USD
    PROCESSING FEE/ $ 350 USD
    FEDEX COURRIER FEE $ 50 USD
    TOTAL / $650 (SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY US DOLLARS ONLY).

THE PROCESS OF PAYMENT OF THE PROCESSING FEE TO THIS HONOURABLE LEGAL FIRM IS BY BANK TRANSFER, BUT MONEY SENT TO OUR COPORATE ACCOUNT TAKES SEVERAL WEEKS TO GET CLEARED HENCE WE RECOMMEND THE SERVICES OF WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER SERVICES TO EFFECT IMMEDIATE CLEARANCE SAME DAY SENT. AS WE WILL NOT COMMENCES ACTION UNTIL WE ACCESS THE TRANSFER.

IF THE SERVICES OF THE WESTERN UNION ALLOWS TRANSFER OF FUND FROM YOUR COUNTRY PLEASE ADVISE AND SEND IN WITH THE INFORMATION OF OUR ACCOUNTANT AS FOLLOWS:-

NAME/ MR. NYEOE LEBEKO CLEMENT
    ADDRESS/ 170 JALAN JALAN IPOH, KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA.
    AMOUNT/ $650 USD

IF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER IN YOUR PRESENT LOCATION DO NOT ALLOW FOR TRANSFER OF FUND OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY.PLEASE DO INFORM US FOR OUR CORPORATE BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO FACILITATE THE TRANSFER.
    THANKS.
    MOHD NAJIB BIN RASLI (ESQ)

Moreover I have asked the hotel on its official email for authenticity of the appointment letter but no reply has been received so far.

Rahul

Not possible to attach the appointment letter which is a .jpg.

Ask them to provide THEIR bank account info for the transfer. (LOL) This is an outright scam. There is no job. Please do not be led to believe that anything about this is legit.

They have provided their account number as follows:

Dear valued client,

Please we advice you transfer the processing fee into our bank account information as follows;

ACCOUNT NAME: MOHD NAJIB BIN RASLI
    BANK NAME: AMBANK (M) BERHAD
    ACCOUNT NUMBER: 227-002-002726-1
    BANK ADDRESS: KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
    SWIFT CODE: ARBKMYKL

Note however that as soon as the processing fee of $650 usd is deposited into our account,we shall commence the processing of your work permit with the relevant authority.

Please do send the chambers the scan copy of the bank transfer slip together with all the other required documents as contained in our previous mail to you..

Mohd Najid Bin Rasli
    +6017 3615771

What next? Any help!!!

Did you apply for a job there? I am sorry but this seems like a scam.

I did reply to the initial mail for the recruitment at that place. After so many applications which they sent me to fill up, they conducted interview through applications only. Finally they sent me the appointment letter which I am unable to upload at this site.

Should I go ahead depositing the amount they have asked for?

Quote Originally Posted by ra949
    I did reply to the initial mail for the recruitment at that place. After so many applications which they sent me to fill up, they conducted interview through applications only. Finally they sent me the appointment letter which I am unable to upload at this site.

:eek:
    You got to be joking!!
    Don't do that to yourself!!!
    Do not pay anything!

Think about it: when applying for a "normal" job, within the usual employer-employee situation (otherwise commonly known as the rat race), are you required by the employer to pay him/her in order for you to get the job?
    Of course not!

So if someone you have never even met face to face (and probably never will) is asking you to deposit money into their account on the promise of giving you a job or a business opportunity or whatever crazy reason, rest assured you have come across a huge, dangereous scam.
    If you fall for it and make your payment (huge) you will hardly see your money back should things go differently from what you expected, and who knows what further charges may be applied (dangereous) after you send your deposit not to mention incurring the dreadful risk of having your account details stolen (fraud = double danger).

Use your brain and do not be tempted by giving your money away to such disgusting international scams. :cool:

Do your homework before joining any programme. :cool:

Better safe then sorry. :cool:

Good luck
    Last edited by Londontime; 05-18-2007 at 02:33 PM.

You will lose your money. Worse - you will arrive on site and the hotel will never have heard of you and you will be out even more.

I am sure you can check with their consulate to see if this work permit stuff is legit assuming you want to persue this - but there are too many red flags.

I made a blog post on it, hope it helps:

http://www.wizcop.com/malaysia-job-scam/

WizCop

Nice post. Good info.

Since no contact number is given on the official website I have decided to write them a letter attaching copy of the Appointment Letter, and asking them about its authenticity.

Is that correct?