+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The Recent GOP Scandal List

The criminal investigation into the Clinton scandals is set back as a lower court judge throws out on technical grounds major new charges against Whitewater figure Webster Hubbell. Hubbell had gone to jail after pleading guilty to tax evasion and mail fraud involving the theft of nearly a half million dollars from the law firm and $143,000 in unpaid taxes. Hubbell, as part of the plea, is supposed to cooperate with the independent counsel. There will be no evidence that he does.

Yu Quanyu, director of the Chinese Academy of Social Studies, writes in the latest issue of Ideological and Political Work Studies: "Communist Party cadres should study the speeches of Hillary Clinton because she offers a very good example of the skills of propaganda. Her sentences are short and stimulating. That's why she gets a lot of applause. But Chinese people have a habit of giving long speeches in which the sentences are long and tedious."

The Washingoton Times reports that in the portions of President Clinton's deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.

I don't remember - 71
    I don't know - 62
    I'm not sure - 17
    I have no idea - 10
    I don't believe so - 9
    I don't recall - 8
    I don't think so - 8
    I don't have any specific recollection - 6
    I have no recollection - 4
    Not to my knowledge - 4
    I just don't remember - 4
    I don't believe - 4
    I have no specific recollection - 3
    I might have - 3
    I don't have any recollection of that - 2
    I don't have a specific memory - 2
    I don't have any memory of that - 2
    I just can't say - 2
    I have no direct knowledge of that - 2
    I don't have any idea - 2
    Not that I recall - 2
    I don't believe I did - 2
    I can't remember - 2
    I can't say - 2
    I do not remember doing so - 2
    Not that I remember - 2
    I'm not aware - 1
    I honestly don't know - 1
    I don't believe that I did - 1
    I'm fairly sure - 1
    I have no other recollection - 1
    I'm not positive - 1
    I certainly don't think so - 1
    I don't really remember - 1
    I would have no way of remembering that - 1
    That's what I believe happened - 1
    To my knowledge, no - 1
    To the best of my knowledge - 1
    To the best of my memory - 1
    I honestly don't recall - 1
    I honestly don't remember - 1
    That's all I know - 1
    I don't have an independent recollection of that - 1
    I don't actually have an independent memory of that - 1
    As far as I know - 1
    I don't believe I ever did that - 1
    That's all I know about that - 1
    I'm just not sure - 1
    Nothing that I remember - 1
    I simply don't know - 1
    I would have no idea - 1
    I don't know anything about that - 1
    I don't have any direct knowledge of that - 1
    I just don't know - 1
    I really don't know - 1
    I can't deny that, I just -- I have no memory of that at all - 1

Federal Judge Susan Webber Wright of Arkansas dismisses Paula Jones' suit against Bill Clinton, ruling that Jones had not suffered harm.

Monica Lewinsky talks with Linda Tripp about filing a false affidavit in the Paula Jones case:

TRIPP: You - you are - are you positive in your heart that you want to do
    that? I mean -
    LEWINSKY: Uh-huh.
    TRIPP: I'm only saying - I'm only saying that in case you should change your
    mind.
    LEWINSKY: No. I - I - I - first of all, for fear of my life. I would not - I
    would not cross these - these people for fear of my life, number one.

Wagging the dog:

* Election eve 1996: US jets fire on Iraqi radar sites
    * January 26, 1998: President goes on TV to deny Lewinsky affair; sends top officials on tour to build support for attack on Iraq. Warns Hussein not to "defy the will of the world."
    * June 30, 1998: Judge Suzan Webber Wright orders unsealing of Clinton's Jones case deposition; US jets fire on Iraqi radar sites.
    * August 20, 1998: Monica Lewinsky appears before grand jury; Clinton attacks alleged terrorist centers in Sudan and Afghanistan.
    * November 13, 1998: Clinton settles Paula Jones suit for $850,000; Clinton orders, then aborts, massive missile attack on Iraq.
    * Impeachment eve 1998: Clinton launches massive missile attack on Iraq.

The Washington Times calculates that the number of Kenneth Starr-like investigations that could have been carried out for the price of one day's assault on Baghdad by Tomahawk missiles: 7

The Defense Technology Security Administration reports that Loral's unauthorized release of sensitive technology to the Chinese gave rise to at least three "major" violations of US national security, three medium violations and twelve "minor" infractions.

During the impeachment trial the following statements were made:

Sen. Barbara Boxer: "Rejecting these articles of impeachment does not place this President above the law. As the Constitution clearly says, he remains subject to the laws of the land just like any other citizen of the United States."

Sen. Herbert Kohl: "President Clinton is not 'above the law.' His conduct should not be excused, nor will it. The President can be criminally prosecuted, especially once he leaves office. In other words, his acts may not be 'removable' wrongs, but they could be 'convictable' crimes."

Sen. Joseph Lieberman: "Whether any of his conduct constitutes a criminal offense such as perjury or obstruction of justice is not for me to decide. That, appropriately, should and must be left to the criminal justice system, which will uphold the rule of law in President Clinton's case as it would for any other American."

Sen. Richard Bryan: "For those who believe that the President is guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice -- criminal offenses -- there is a forum available for that determination."

Sen. Frank Lautenberg: "[The] legal system, our civil and criminal laws provide the proper venue for a President who has failed in his private character. . . . And in this case, the legal system can and will continue to address the President's personal transgressions."

Sen. Kent Conrad: "Offensive as they were, the President's actions have nothing to do with his official duties, nor do they constitute the most serious of private crimes. In my judgment, these are matters best left to the criminal justice system."

Sen. John Breaux: "For wrongful acts that are not connected with the official capacity and duties of the President of the United States, there are other ways to handle it. There is the judicial system. There is the court system. There are the U.S. attorneys out there waiting. There may even be the Office of Independent Counsel, which will still be there after all of this is finished."

It is announced that there will be no criminal indicment of Clinton for the offenses outlined in the impeachment.

After only four months of a two-year fraud sentence and after serving 18 months for refusing to talk to a grand jury about Bill Clinton, Susan McDougal is released by a federal judge for medical reasons.

Kenneth Starr sends his report to Congress. Impeachment hearings begin. The House will approve two articles of impeachment.

Clinton settles with Paula Jones, paying her $850,000 but not apologizing.

Webster Hubbell is indicted again over the Castle Grande land scheme. Hillary Clinton is named in the indictment as the Rose Law firm "billing partner."

FBI agents arrest an unidentified suspect in connection with an attempt to kill key Chinagate witness Johnny Chung Chung claims that a lone gunman showed up at his Los Angeles office after attempting to arrange a meeting over the phone.

Neal Travis of the New York Post reports that, according to a new book on the Mossad, Israel blackmailed President Clinton with 30 hours of tapes of his phone sex talks with Monica Lewinsky. The agency allegedly agreed not to release the material in return for Clinton calling off an FBI hunt for a top-level Israeli mole supposedly in the White House. The allegation appears in "Gideon's Spies - The Secret History of the Mossad," written by Gordon Thomas. Lewinsky testified under oath that after a session of heavy petting and oral sex in the White House, Clinton told her a foreign embassy was tapping the two phone lines in her DC apartment. She claims Clinton told her that if questioned they should say they knew their calls were being bugged and were only joking to fool the tappers. Kenneth Starr does not pursue the matter. Thomas tells the NYP: "So far as anyone knows, the Israeli agent MEGA - a much more important spy than the imprisoned CIA traitor Jonathan Pollard, and probably his controller - is still in place at the White House."

About 1000 Canadian hemophiliacs file a $660 million class action suit in Toronto saying they got tainted blood from the Arkansas prison system during a period when Clinton was governor.

The New York Daily News quotes John Gotti as saying that Clinton got away with things a Mafia boss would never have gotten away with. In a conversation with his brother Peter, he is particularly struck with Clinton's taped conversation with Gennifer Flowers: "He's telling her, 'Why would you want to bring this out? If anybody investigates, you lie.' " Said Gotti, "If he had an Italian last name, they would've electrocuted him." Ironically, it was on the Gennifer Flowers tape that Clinton says that Mario Cuomo acted like a Mafioso.

The American Bar Association features felon Webster Hubbell at its national convention. Hubbell was sent to jail for overbilling his clients. The ABA also invites Clinton to speak. The invitation is announced the same week that a federal court judge imposes a $90,000 fine on Clinton for having given "false, misleading and evasive answers that were designed to obstruct the judicial process." The judge took the action, "not only to redress the misconduct of the President in this case, but to deter others who might themselves consider emulating the President of the United States by engaging in misconduct that undermines the integrity of the judicial system." Clinton is also under consideration for disbarment in Arkansas

A former White House official invokes his Fifth Amendment rights 28 times in refusing to testify at a rancorous House committee hearing on campaign finance abuses during the 1996 presidential election. Mark Middleton, an Arkansas lawyer and longtime confidant of President Clinton, steadfastly refuses to answer questions by House Government Reform Committee Republicans on whether he conspired with government officials in China or elsewhere to illegally funnel contributions to the Democratic National Committee or the Clinton-Gore re-election campaign. At one point, a frustrated Rep. Bob Barr, Georgia Republican, asks Middleton if he was "a bag man" for Chinese government interests. The former White House official quietly replies, "I respectfully decline to answer the question."

In a startling interview with Terence Jeffrey of Human Events, former counsel to the House Judiciary Committee David Schippers charges that the Senate impeachment trial was rigged from the start. Here is an excerpt:

HUMAN EVENTS: What is the most significant thing that happened during the impeachment process that the country doesn't know about but should?

SCHIPPERS: I think the most important factor that the public should know that they don't know is that, before we ever appeared on the floor of the United States Senate, the House impeachment managers and I were told that there was no way we could win.

HUMAN EVENTS: Who told you that?

SCHIPPERS Six Republican senators. Members of the leadership.

HUMAN EVENTS: Members of the Republican leadership came over to you?

SCHIPPERS No, we were over there. We were discussing the kind of method by which we would try the case, and we, the managers and myself, were told, "Look we're just trying to keep you from embarrassing yourselves." I mean, this is after a vote of the House of Representatives impeaching the President.

In that same meeting one of the senators -- and because I do not know which one it was, I will not name any of the senators -- turned to Henry Hyde and he said, "Henry, I don't care. No way are you going to get 67 votes." This was before anything had occurred on the floor of the Senate.

And Henry Hyde said, "Well, you know Senator, we have other materials over there in that room that were furnished by Mr. Starr and I think that some of them may have to do with assaults or things like that. And the senator said, "Henry" -- this is a direct quote -- "I don't care if you have proof that he raped a woman, stood up and shot her dead, you're still not going to get 67 votes."

At that point I raised my hand and I said, "Senator, are you telling me I just watched a hundred senators raise their right hand to God and swear to do equal and impartial justice and that they will ignore that oath too?" And the senator said, "You're darn right they are."

From that moment on I knew that we were in a rigged ball game. In Chicago we'd refer to it as a First Ward election .... It was rigged to make it impossible for us to win. I don't know why they were so anxious to keep the American people from hearing the evidence. I just will never know.

Former Arkansas state trooper and Clinton bodyguard L.D. Brown charges in his new book 'Crossfire' that Alphonse D'Amato, after subjecting him to bear hugs, head locks, and other forms of gratuitous bonhomie at a large dinner party, asked, "L. D., that Mena thing, that was just a drug deal gone bad wasn't it?" Writes Brown, "I came away from that conversation thinking he was trying to convince me Mena was nothing but a drug operation. It reminded me of the strange Bush and Clinton connection all over again." Later, D'Amato said to Brown, "C'mon, L. D., let's go take a leak." Brown's lawyer and aide to the senator accompanied them on the trip to the men's room. Here's what happened next, according to Brown:

There were a couple of people in the rest room. While they finished their business, we also did what we ostensibly came there to do. But there was more business to do. The Senator's aide checked the stalls in the rest room to make sure they were vacant and then walked to the only door leading into the room. The Senator now grabbed me in the familiar headlock. ~~~ Justin [Brown's lawyer] looked around to see what was going on as the aide put his foot at the bottom of the door, thus placing an improvised locking mechanism on it. Then the Senator went for the kill.

While putting an extra squeeze on the headlock he said, "L. D., we got to have your help. We need you to cooperate with us." I could hear by now that people were banging on the door to get in the rest room. "We're ****ing in here!" the aide yelled. D'Amato continued on, oblivious to the commotion as the aide struggled to keep the door shut. "Now L. D., we'll take care of you, we'll get you a job." With the cigar in his mouth and his arm around my neck, the Senator looked more like a character from a Mario Puzo novel making me 'an offer I couldn't refuse' than a United States Senator conducting an investigation on the President of the United States. I was shocked and I could tell Justin didn't want to be there either.

People outside obviously were about to wet their pants while this seemed to drag on forever. The aide was now vigorously struggling to keep the door shut while I had 'the arm' put on me. The Senator finally released his grip and I mumbled something about being concerned for my family as we finally walked out of the bathroom. The aide, clearly exhausted from his bathroom chores went back to the table with Justin and me while being led by the Senator. The party was about to break up and I was wishing I had never come. Justin and I rolled our eyes at each other at what had just happened. We knew it was improper at best to offer jobs to potential witnesses. It also disappointed me to no end to find yet another person in this entire Whitewater fiasco who wanted to use me.

Michael Espy is appointed a senior advisor to the Department of Energy. Columnist Paul Greenberg notes, "He seems to have passed this administration's high ethical test: he's been acquitted."

Whitewater criminal Susan McDougal is the keynote speaker at the Tulsa County OK Democratic Party's first Jefferson-Jackson Dinner.

Susan McDougal refuses to answer questions from a grand jury and is jailed for contempt. She will later be acquitted of obstruction of justice charges and freed of contempt charges by a hung jury.

A Democratic National Committee staffer writes DNC chair Don Fowler, "Johnny [Chung] committed to contribute $75,000 to the DNC reception in Los Angeles on September 21. Tell him if he does not complete his commitment ASAP bad things will happen."

The Senate votes not to convict President Clinton of the impeachment charges. Clinton will tell Dan Rather on CBS that he does not regard impeachment as "some great badge of shame" but is "honored" to have had "the opportunity to defend the Constitution."

The Wall Street Journal reports a claim by Juanita Broaddrick that she was raped by Bill Clinton in 1978. Clinton's lawyers deny the charge.

Deputy special prosecutor Hickman Ewing reveals that a criminal indictment against Hillary Clinton concerning Whitewater had been prepared but never presented to a grand jury.

Hillary Clinton announces he intention to run for US Senator from New York

Federal judge Susan Wright holds Clinton in contempt for "intentionally false" statements under oath and "willful failure" to testify truthfully in the Paula Jones sexual harrasment case. This is the only time a president has been found in contempt of court.

On November 1, 1Yah Lin "Charlie" Trie, is sentenced, after pleading guilty, to a two-count information filed in Little Rock, Arkansas, to three years probation, four months home detention, 200 hours of community service, and a $5,000 fine for violating federal campaign finance laws by making political contributions in someone else's name and by causing a false statement to be made the FEC.

On August 12, former Lippo Executive John Huang pleads guilty to a felony charge, filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, that he conspired with other employees of the Indonesia-based Lippo Group to make campaign contributions and reimburse employees with corporate funds or with funds from Indonesia.

According to John Haris' book on Clinton, Tipper Gore was so disgusted in 2000 with Bill and Hillary that she stayed cloistered in a holding room instead of going to a New York reception with major Democratic fund-raisers where the Clintons would be. "No, I'm not doing it," she snapped to an aide. "I'm not going out there with that man."

Carlos Ghigliotti: 42, is found dead in his office just outside of Washington D.C. Ghigliotti, a thermal imaging analyst hired by the House Government Reform Committee to review tape of the Waco siege, had said he determined the FBI fired shots during the incident. The FBI explained the light bursts on infrared footage as reflections of sun rays on shards of glass or other debris that littered the scene. "I conclude this based on the ground view videotapes taken from several different angles simultaneously and based on the overhead thermal tape," Ghigliotti told The Washington Post Ghigliotti said the tapes also confirm the Davidians fired repeatedly at FBI agents during the assault, which ended when flames raced through the compound.

President Clinton declares "National Character Counts Week," issuing a proclamation that reads in part: "The character of our citizens has enriched every aspect of our national life and has set an example of civic responsibility for people around the world."

The Star announces that a DNA test of Danno Williams indicates that Bill Clinton is not his father. Commentators cite the incident as another example of the plot to get Clinton. According to a number of medical labs with which Newsmax has checked, however, the informatin is insufficient to determine whether Williams was Clinton's baby or not. Reports Newsmax: "Some press have ignored the claims of Danno's family because Danno's mother, Bobbie-Anne Williams, of Little Rock has a criminal record as a prostitute and drug addict. Williams has stated that in the mid-1980s then-Governor Clinton had encountered her at her home, near the governor's mansion, while out on a morning jog. The two had sex on several occasions and had also used cocaine, she said." Larry Patterson, former state trooper and Clinton bodyguard, says that he was ordered by Clinton to deliver Christmas gifts to the boy at his home in 1988 or 1989. According to Patterson, Clinton did not buy the gifts he gave to the boy, but swiped several that were to be given to Chelsea from friends of the Clintons. Writes Newsmax: "Patterson said, that in addition to the gift giving, he became 'really suspicious' in 1992, during the presidential campaign, when the Williams' home was burglarized. The only items stolen were two photographs of the child, one of which had appeared in the Globe, a supermarket tabloid, alleging Clinton had fathered the child. 'This is a simple house burglary,' Patterson explained, yet it set off alarm bells in the governor's mansion. Patterson learned the burglary received priority attention from Clinton because Captain Buddy Young, who headed the governor's security detail, assisted the local Little Rock police in their investigation of the case. Patterson said it was 'unheard of' for a member of the security detail to work with local police on 'a simple house burglary investigation.'"

Juanita Broaddrick, who accused Bill Clinton of having raped her, is being audited by the Internal Revenue Service. Among others involved with the president who have been audited: Elizabeth Ward Gracen; Billy Dale (fired in travel office affair); Fox News critic Bill O'Reilly; Kent Masterson Brown (brought lawsuit compelling Hillary's health care task force to reveal its members); and Paula Jones. Also: National Review, American Spectator, Christian Coalition, Citizens for a Sound Economy,Freedom Alliance, Heritage Foundation, National Rifle Association, Western Journalism Center, National Center for Public Policy Research, Fortress America and Citizens Against Government Waste.

A former Justice Department prosecutor testifies to Congress that he recommended an investigation into President Clinton's connection to a top Democratic fund-raiser involved in the sale of missile-related expertise to China. Attorney General Janet Reno rejected and one of Reno's top executives, Lee Radek, head of the department's public integrity section, called the recommendation "silly."

The Association of Trial Lawyers invites Clinton to speak. So does the American Association of Newspaper Editors

Gore associate Maria Hsia on five felony counts relating to the Buddhist temple fundraiser

Former White House counsel Charles Ruff uses variants of "I don't know, I don't remember, I don't' recall or I have no specific recollection..." 12 times within the first 30 minutes of questioning before a congressional committee investigating missing White House e-mails. This technique may have been foreshadowed in a 1977 interview Bob Woodward had with Ruff. Ruff told Woodward how Watergate may all look different to future congressional investigators, and if called to testify someday at such an inquiry, Ruff said he knows just what to do. "I'd say, 'Gee, I just don't remember what happened back then', and they won't be able to indict me for perjury and that, maybe, that's the principal thing that I've learned in four years....I just intend to rely on that failure of memory."

In FBI interviews, Vice President Al Gore changes his answers when confronted with documents in a fund-raising investigation, and suggests he may have missed a key discussion during a meeting because he drank too much iced tea. In one FBI interview, Gore says 23 times that he is unable to recall aspects of the Nov. 21, 1995 meeting and other fund-raising issues brought up by the FBI.

Arthur A. Coia, the former president of a labor union who has raised millions of dollars for Bill Clinton, Al Gore and the Democratic Party, pleads guilty to defrauding taxpayers in Rhode Island of nearly $100,000 in taxes that were due on three Ferrari sports cars worth more than $1.7 million. Coia gets two years probation and a $10,000 fine.

Independent Counsel Robert Ray's final report on the White House travel office case finds first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton's testimony in the matter was "factually false," but concluded there were no grounds to prosecute her. The special prosecutor determined the first lady did play a role in the 1993 dismissal of the travel office's staff, contrary to her testimony in the matter. But Ray said he would not prosecute Clinton for those false statements because "the evidence was insufficient to prove beyond a reasonable doubt" that she knew her statements were false or understood that they may have prompted the firings. . . The final report concludes that "despite that falsity, no prosecution of Mrs. Clinton is warranted."

Special prosecutor Ray says there is insufficient evidence to bring criminal charges against the Clintons. Ray criticizes the White House for what he called "substantial resistance" to providing "relevant evidence" to his investigators. "The White House asserted unfounded privileges that were later rejected in court," Ray said. "White House officials also conducted inadequate searches for documents and failed to make timely production of documents, including relevant e-mails."

DC police report that they tow about 1,000 vehicles a year to secure streets so Clinton can safely make speeches, have lunch or catch a basketball game.

On March 2, Maria Hsia is convicted in D.C. on charges of causing false statements to be submitted to the FEC. T

President Clinton makes a deal with special prosecutor Robert Ray under which he admits that he made false statements in the Monica Lewinsky case and surrenders his law license for five years.

A few hours before leaving office, President Clinton issues 140 pardons including to friends such as Susan McDougal.

Ray issues his final report in which he claims he had enough evidence to indict Clinton for perjury and obstruction of justice and obtain a conviction in the Lewinsky case. but, as FBI agent IC Smith noted late, he declines to do so: "He concluded Clinton had been punished inother ways, citing the $850,000 paid to settle the Paula Jones sexual harassment lawsuit, his contempt of court citation, the fines of $25,000 and $90,000 in attorney fees he had to reimburse in that case. Further, he cited the final fine of $25,000 and suspension of Clinton's law license in Arkansas. He may have citied those as examples of how Clinton had been punished, but if there was any punishment, it wasn't thanks to the independent counsel. It's interesting the the most signficant punishment in the whole saga was meted out by two female natives of Arkansas."

FOR THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF BILL AND HILLARY CLINTON

BILL CLINTON
    HILLARY CLINTON

Among the public sources for this article were Partners in Power by Roger Morris; The Secret Life of Bill Clinton by Ambrose Evans Pritchard; Unlimited Access Unlimited Access by Gary Aldrich and Shadows of Hope by Sam Smith. Also various newspaper and magazine articles, particularly in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, Washington Times, New York Times, Washington Post, London Telegraph, Times of London, Wall Street Journal, LA Times, American Spectator, Washington Weekly, Insight, as well as the Internet service Free Republic, the Clinton Administration Scandals bulletin board, and the columns of Alexander Cockburn and Christopher Ruddy.

COPYRIGHT 2001 THE PROGRESSIVE REVIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEST WE FORGET....THE PAST PROVIDES PERSPECTIVE ON THE PRESENT

Pwrone, is Clinton president right now? Am I even a democrat? What does that have to do with anything? How does it provide perspective, except to say that questionable things happened with the last presidency?

If so, what does that mean, applied to now? That everything is fine because the other guy was also corrupt? Is that the perspective you're bringing to the table? If so, what good is it for anybody?

Seriously, I really want to know: What good is bringing up Clinton? Is it just tit-for-tat? How does a giant pile of Jerry Falwell Clinton Chronicle nonsense help us deal with the real problems I listed that happened in the administration we ARE CURRENTLY UNDER?
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 05-13-2007 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone

President Clinton makes a deal with special prosecutor Robert Ray under which he admits that he made false statements in the Monica Lewinsky case and surrenders his law license for five years.

A few hours before leaving office, President Clinton issues 140 pardons including to friends such as Susan McDougal.

Ray issues his final report in which he claims he had enough evidence to indict Clinton for perjury and obstruction of justice and obtain a conviction in the Lewinsky case. but, as FBI agent IC Smith noted late, he declines to do so: "He concluded Clinton had been punished inother ways, citing the $850,000 paid to settle the Paula Jones sexual harassment lawsuit, his contempt of court citation, the fines of $25,000 and $90,000 in attorney fees he had to reimburse in that case. Further, he cited the final fine of $25,000 and suspension of Clinton's law license in Arkansas. He may have citied those as examples of how Clinton had been punished, but if there was any punishment, it wasn't thanks to the independent counsel. It's interesting the the most signficant punishment in the whole saga was meted out by two female natives of Arkansas."

FOR THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF BILL AND HILLARY CLINTON

BILL CLINTON
    HILLARY CLINTON

Among the public sources for this article were Partners in Power by Roger Morris; The Secret Life of Bill Clinton by Ambrose Evans Pritchard; Unlimited Access Unlimited Access by Gary Aldrich and Shadows of Hope by Sam Smith. Also various newspaper and magazine articles, particularly in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, Washington Times, New York Times, Washington Post, London Telegraph, Times of London, Wall Street Journal, LA Times, American Spectator, Washington Weekly, Insight, as well as the Internet service Free Republic, the Clinton Administration Scandals bulletin board, and the columns of Alexander Cockburn and Christopher Ruddy.

COPYRIGHT 2001 THE PROGRESSIVE REVIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEST WE FORGET....THE PAST PROVIDES PERSPECTIVE ON THE PRESENT
    Yawn...Here we go down memory lane again for the ...(lost count 8 years ago) - Xth time with our guide to your favorite salacious tales taken from the annals of the GOP Clinton Witch Hunt archive.

Still pounding and kicking the floor at their failure to destroy the most investigated man in history, GOP Monkeys are left only to ruminate miserably on their halcyon days when bringing down the guy who brought us 75 cents per gallon gasoline, a booming economy and peace was within their grasp.

The main question is why there hasn't been a cure discovered for this delusional psycho babble spread by carriers like Ann Coulter that almost universally causes the death of any remaining brain cells and permanent frothing at the mouth and why the sufferers never recover, much as glue sniffers always eventually drift into heroin and stay there until the final injection finally finishes them off...for the good of everybody else.

Posting a list of underhanded tactics and skulduggeries employed by GOP Hit Squads and Smear Meisters designed to cripple a progressively oriented executive branch is damning indeed, but only as a list of more GOP High Crimes and Misdemeanors over the years.

Of course, to juxtapose the two administrations with Clinton having committed the innumerable crimes, murders and disasters routinely practiced on a daily basis by The Bush Crime Gang is informative.. In contrast, the only message to be derived as a net result is that comparisons only demonstrate one thing: That Clinton would have been jailed for conduct that The Flying Monkey routinely receives paeans from the glassy eyed cult of Monkey War Addicts.

But, then again, hypocrisy is the only thing the GOP has ever been good at....sans war profiteering, financial corruption, lying, and pedophilic sex perversions, of course
    Last edited by dchristie; 05-13-2007 at 08:33 PM.