+ Reply to Thread

Scammed at the front desk of Best Western

:mad:

You don't expect to get scammed at the front desk of a hotel, but I stayed at the Best Western and when I got ready to check out the desk clerk "pretended" to not be able to print my reciept. He kept pressing buttons on the computer saying that he could not get it to print. I had told him that the organization that I worked for would not let us pay for hotels with our procurement cards and I would be paying for the hotel with cash. I gave him the cash and he continued to pretend he could not get the receipt to print. He finally gave me a printout asking "will this do?" and said that it was not the actual receipt. Since I had to turn a receipt in to my employer, and it had a 0.00 balance due, I took the piece of paper. When I got my credit card statement he had also charged my credit card. I contacted the corporate office in Phoenix, AZ and received a letter saying that they had checked with the hotel and been advised the charge to my credit card was valid and would remain. Did they expect the hotel to say "Yes we stole her money"? I feel that it qualifies as a scammed the way the desk clerk staled me pretending he could not get the receipt to print and making me late so I would not really look at the piece of paper to see that it said VISA. :mad:

Re: Scammed at the front desk of Best Western

Two suggestions.

Contact the General Manager directly. Speak to them, going through a corprate office is a last resort GM's get more deffencive that way.

If that does not work, Issue a charge back through your credit card

I am a Hilton GM // so you should get some resloution with this.

Simply

sounds like he tried to play his system and failed yea i would contact the GM other then corporate the kid prolly thought that it was a company card on file and you wouldnt get the statement he prolly mis heard what you were saying to him about that so he got a little extra cash in his pocket that night he may have done that before and already got caught so contact the GM and give him the Front desk rep name keep us posted

did you stay a full night or just part of the night?

I filed a police report and they contacted me that the man had quit his job. I don't know whether it was related to my complaints, but I had contacted the manager on site and he said there was nothing I could do because I "accepted" the receipt with VISA on it as payment. I did not think to look at the receipt when I received it. I have not heard anything else from the police, so I guess they just let it die and I am still out my money. I contacted the regional office of Best Western and was told that they let the individual hotels handle disputes. That did not help me any with the manager's attitude.

desk

A timeshare purchase is never a good idea. Some people buy them with the idea of a financial investment, but a timeshare is not a good investment at all. Besides, there are lots of fees involved. This is a good article that has good information about timeshares and how to use it properly: http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/119-timeshare-sales/