+ Reply to Thread

Summit Merchant Solutions

Anyone ever heard of this company?

Re: Summit Merchant Solutions

Hope this helps! I copied the email reply I sent to the recruiter to this company as follows:

Meredith,

Please refer to http://www.ripoffreport.com; http://www.scam.com; and http://answers.yahoo.com. Search your company's name and also look up Transtech Merchant Support. How freaking stupid are you if you think I am ignorant and desperate enough to fall for your scam?! Enumerate customer, current employees, and past employees can say nothing good about SMG or your alias Transtech!! Let me break that down for you since you are scattered enough to work for such a unscupulous company! Not one good comment can be found about your company anywhere on the internet!! Obviously, you lack any sort of ethical or moral convictions since you are advocating this place as a great opportunity; when in actuality, this company should be shut down for its deceitful and heinous practices!!! You have wasted my valuable time by even contacting me.

When you called me today, I told you that I had just been solicited by one of your competitors, and how I didn't even get through their "HR paperwork" before realizing that FFUSA was a duplicitous outfit! You assured me that you weren't like the other guys! LOL; how do you sleep at night?! In case you haven't got the point yet, DO NOT EMAIL OR CALL ME EVER AGAIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just want a normal job! View Post
    Hope this helps! I copied the email reply I sent to the recruiter to this company as follows:

Meredith,

Please refer to http://www.ripoffreport.com; http://www.scam.com; and http://answers.yahoo.com. Search your company's name and also look up Transtech Merchant Support. How freaking stupid are you if you think I am ignorant and desperate enough to fall for your scam?! Enumerate customer, current employees, and past employees can say nothing good about SMG or your alias Transtech!! Let me break that down for you since you are scattered enough to work for such a unscupulous company! Not one good comment can be found about your company anywhere on the internet!! Obviously, you lack any sort of ethical or moral convictions since you are advocating this place as a great opportunity; when in actuality, this company should be shut down for its deceitful and heinous practices!!! You have wasted my valuable time by even contacting me.

When you called me today, I told you that I had just been solicited by one of your competitors, and how I didn't even get through their "HR paperwork" before realizing that FFUSA was a duplicitous outfit! You assured me that you weren't like the other guys! LOL; how do you sleep at night?! In case you haven't got the point yet, DO NOT EMAIL OR CALL ME EVER AGAIN!!
    :rotz: Don't know you, just saw your posting. Anyone, that gossips about my company, the company that changed my life, deserves to read this. You are dead wrong. I'm not a fly by night kinda guy. I actually do my research. Prior to accepting my position at sms, I contacted several companies and even went as far to let them attempt to hire me after their training. Most of these companies do same day payroll and send you a 1099 every year and they still don't provide you with health benifits etc. Same day payroll means as soon as the the sales consultant leaves your buiness and faxes his/her agreement in, their paycheck goes right in their account the same day. Our company does not pay for two to four weeks depending upon logistics of the agreement, so our team makes absoloute sure the merchant is 100% satisfied. I've seen them do crazy stuff to make our customers happy, they will pretty much do anything for their customers. The karma in our company is magnificent, my boss, a thousand miles away is one of my best friends now. This guy is a work horse and I have no idea how he puts up with me, but he does. lol I'm pretty much his top dog and do a significant amount of field training for him. Another positive thing is our sales reps could care less about rate. Other companies make residuals over the buy rate of a card (i.e. if visa charges 1.59 percent, whatever they mark it up over that is their residual commsion every week.) With us we have a 3 tiered commission scale that we cannot bend (this is asigned according to the monthly volume being prossed, age of business and a few other small factors.) We only get paid if you stay active with us. This policy forces all the sales consultants to be highly educated in this field. Lack of training and education was the first thing I noticed when I trained with some of the other companies. I have hundreds of satisfied customers and in the last year i've only had two people call complaining. Both calls were because of my mistake, not sms. It was simple mistakes that didn't hurt anyone and was corrected immediatley (i.e. put wrong telephone number on one persons receipt when programming and the other I forgot to send their welcome packet. I'm very sorry for your expierence and hope that you don't continue to think someone SCAMMED you . This is a strong word furthermore offensive to what feeds my family. What if I would lose a sale and not be able to feed my three year old for this completely eronious posting. God Bless you. You don't have to be mean to everyone. It takes a lot less time to have patience and work things out with someone then to slander them. If you get a good feelings from slandering folks that ofcourse is not good. I'm here to tell you your impression and post aren't accurate. I love my job, boss and company I work for. First job I ever had that I said "heres where I want to retire". If your employee and your not making great money, this is not the companies fault. First, if you don't literally dedicate yourself to traing, you'll never make it. Second, this is the big leagues of sales. Bear in mind your getting all the merchants bank info, their ss#, address, dob etc in about a half hour to an hour and leaving to talk to the next merchant next door. It's not easy but anyone with a little diligence can perform this job. I've trained many people that will tell you exactly what I just did. Goodluck, and I guarantee you I can save you money on every card you swipe and our customer service is literrally second to none. I have spoke to many other companies to help some of my customers get things accomplished or disclosed and it is sometimes a rodeo. Were a full disclosure company that works for Merchants. It's impossible to please everyone, but I'd spend every minute I could trying and so would Summit Merchant Solutions.

Sincerely yours,
    Adin MSC 717-816-1072 if I can ever help you in anyway

I agree ONE HUNDRED percent WITH the previous poster.

I have worked for some of the largest corporations in the world, and the main goal has always been to shut out the small business. With SMS I get to help the little guy get great rates. EVEN INTERCHANGE.

Those are the same rate's associated with some of the largest businesses in the world. My main competitor are BANKS, and ever statement I have read from a bank is diffrent. And it always hides some fee

Some fee's I have come across from bank institutions and other institutions that SMS does not charge.

Customer service fee(not kidding MERCHANT SERVICES PNC BANK)

YUP charge you fro customer service.

PCI NON compliance fee..... not only do they put your buisness at liability... BUT CHARGE YOU FOR IT... (m&t bank, PNC, IBS, (multiple other institutions)

PCI COMPLIANCE FEE.

PNC is famous for this one... if the merchant calls and asks if they have an "annual fee" merchant services will tell them NO. However ANNUALLY. they are charged a 99.99 PCI compliance fee.... sounds an awful like an annual fee to me...

This is why i love my job, I DO NOT have to LIE to anyone to make a sale. the banks ensure I am successful.

How successful am I....

Last month i made $11,000.

The LARGEST complaint I have recieved so far.

I want out of a lease agreement because my accountant told me by having this equipment and using it means I could not cheat the IRS.

(that was me reading between the lines).

and the only why a company would not accept the number one form of payment in the world because they think that it would harm their business??? TAXES... visa mastercard is acceped EVERYWHERE... heck... I even have a client who accepts visa and mastercard for 2 dollar transactions!!! they couldnt do that with ANY bank in my area.

SMS is an amazing company.

You Must Be Out Of Your Flipping Mind If You Think That Summit Solutions Is A Great Company!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Husband Has Been Working For Them For A Couple Of Months Now. He Was Supposed To Get A Sign On Bonus Of 1000.00 But Has Yet To See That. Was Supposed To Be Getting 500 Week For Gas And 100 For Cell Phone But Again We Have Yet To See Any Of That. Then Were Supposed To Set Him Up With Appointments Did That The First Week 3 Of Them And One Of Them The Lady Told Summit Not To Send Anyone She Was Not Interested But They Didnt Listen And Sent My Husband. All The Sells That He Has Had Have Been On His Own And To Get Paid For Them Well That Is Whole Other Story. We Have Been Waiting Weeks For Him To Get Paid On His Last Sale And Its O Its Gonna Be Tomorrow Then Tomorrow Comes And O Its Gonna Be Tomorrow Then Come To Find Out His Dumb As Team Leader Didnt Send In The Commission Statement But Swears That He Did. Then It Didnt Get On His Card Due To Veterans Day Well Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone Else Got Their Pay. One Of The Customers That He Signed Up Got Charged 400.00 One Week After He Signed Her Up What The F!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless To Say She Is Pissed As She Has Every Right To Be. This Company Is A Ripoff And They Need To Be Prosecuted To The Highest Degree.

Do Not Ever Ever Ever Do Any Business With Summit Solutions Or Any Other Company That May Be Associated With Them.

sales guy told me i would get better rates that current company. had to pay a 50 application fee. they said i get a 30 day trial where i could cancel with no penalty. i didnt get my first statement until well after 30 days(obviously) and this is when i find out:
    1.i am paying way higher rates due to some fine print.
    2. there is a almost $600 early termination fee ( which i was no longer eligible for)
    3. they were willing to do nothing about the deception of the sales guy (stating that we must go by the contract you signed)
    4. the sales guy no longer works for them.

there is many more things that irritate me but i am weary of phone call s and typing . just thought all should be warned of this company. so no i am paying almost double my old rates and am stuck with this company for 3 years.

How can something be considered a scam when you have zero sales skills! You're husband sucks at selling, go back behind the counter of McDonald's ("do you want fries with that") and get paid what you're worth 6.75/hour. I'm 25 and been in sales since I was 16 selling knives! Everyone does not like to be sold so people's first few reactions are "no". I'm sure there is a book out there called "Outside Sales for Dummies" GET IT! If you work for summit don't go out and waste your time and that goes with every sales jobs. Treat as if it's your livelihood because it is! Treat as if you own the business. Take ownership and take responsibility for your own actions. You get paid to sell, so sell! Don't go in with your head up your ass and expect sales to just fall in your lap. Perhaps your husband is lying to you and doesn't have the balls enough to step inside and do his JOB. Be yourself or someone else if yourself is lame. These business owners don't know who you are (your sales floor is your acting stage), so be who ever you want. You go out there and leave based off one no then find another job and leave this one to the big boys because you obviously can't handle it. Summit is not a scam just a bunch of narrow minded people who don't know how to sell or think outside the box. Go outside your element to drive all types of sales you possibly can. Reach out to your TL and ask them questions if you have problems. TL gets paid off your performance and they want you to be successful.

Summit in a sense is a wholesale company that does all there processing work in-house thus there are no margin and plenty of savings for the business owner (merchant). Banks DO NOT do processing because they can't. They charge a profit margin based on what the wholesale processing company charges them and they have it written up through the processing company that they can issue there own processing statements to the merchant. Process is the following: customer swipes card > Processing company pushes it to > Master Card/Visa who then pushes it to > the bank who releases funds to > the processing company who then wires the money into the > Merchant's account. A processor may charge a wholesale rate of 1.12% (I don't know if this is accurate) & $0.05/trans fee (I don't know if this is accurate) but the bank offers a 1.89% and a $0.20/trans fee so the banks margin (profit) is 0.77% and $0.15/transaction. Plus there profit margin in monthly fees too. So who is scamming who? Your bank! However, I don't see it as a scam it's a business, which makes this economy go round. Instead of pointing the figure, which most people like doing, point the thump back at yourself for the lack of diligence. Most people like it easy and when they set up a business account with a bank they automatically think the bank does all of that; WRONG! Banks do all types of business but they do not process merchant accounts. They may say they do because they get paid 30K to say so but if you ask if they out-source there processing they wont know wtf you are talking about. Also, for you businesses, don't expect Summit to bend over backwards for you. They need to make money too. There base rate is 1.69% but I've seen something as low as 1.45%. Why 1.45% and not the 1.12% as I mentioned before? Banks probably are processing 500 to 60K merchants which is why the processing company charges them 1.12% (I don't know if this is accurate, could be more). So, if you have a business of 1000+ locations then you may get the wholesale rate. It's a business folks! If you don't like it then tough don't open a business then or only take one form of payment; CASH, but you won’t last long since the future is leaning towards plastic these days.

For you sales people: Work hard and go by the program. Utilize what they give you. Think outside the box in what you can do to generate more sales then relying on there 3 to 4 appointments a day. Referral base business is the easiest sale to close. Practice on those 3 to 4. Build rapport!!! Build rapport!!!! Build Rapport!!! Start by building rapport!!! It's much like opening a door; if you can't open it then you can't close it. One secret: 100% of sales are based off 80% rapport building; meaning, 80% of the time I’m BSing with the merchant and having fun with them and talking about them and not about summit; 5 to 20 minutes is you selling, 30 to 90 minutes is you building rapport and 5 to 25 minutes is writing up the application; but always start by building rapport (rapport in the 1st 20 seconds then into selling back to more rapport building, sales again then closing but always be asking closing questions and you asking close ended question be sure they say yes to it (get them use to saying “yes”). Talk to everyone and everybody. The rest is up to you. I'm not going to spill my beans and methods on how to sell. You are your own unique person so figure it out. 10% - 80% - 10%. 10% of the people will seem easy and a sale may happen in 5 minutes, the other 5% they’re complete jerks and you may hear a 1000 no’s to 1 yes but not worth your time, and then those in the middle. Worst sale to me is the 10% that are easy. They say they want everything but don’t do it; or worse, a charge back. 10% of the easy sales is like a bad drug. They get you feeling so confident then shoot you down the hardest way they can destroying you’re confidence. Example on that 10% easy customer: I was in cell phone sales for 2 years and I’ve gotten a few customers that say yes to everything; best phone, highest paid plan, $200 worth of accessories…… then BOOM. A lot of people had deposits they had to pay ($500 to $1000) and they would say no after you got them on everything, and I had a few who came back the next day returning everything. I had 1 or 3 out of 200+ people like this that paid for everything along with the deposit amount. Meaning, don’t give up because an easy sale doesn’t exist.

I wrote this long forum message to make people realize the facts rather then make poor judgments off emotions and not the facts. It’s you narrow minded people who screw us over and we may lose 2% to 5% based off your false and negative post based on your lack of skills, incompetency, and lack of diligence on the merchants behalf. I’ve got a history in all types of sales, banking, financing, mortgages (residential & commercial; wholesale & retail), merchant processing, and I do what I can to understand all types of businesses by doing the proper due diligence before I make myself look incompetent like some folks here. Also, you can act foolish like a 5 year old child and point out my grammatical errors but I don’t get paid to have proper grammar but simply sell to make money.

First Off My Husband Nor I Have Ever Worked At Mcdonalds That Is Something That I Will Leave To You Little Boy! You Say That You Have All This Experience Well I Hardly Doubt That You Know Anything About Real Sales And Anything About A Real Job! Summit Solutions Is A Rip Off Who Is Doing Business Under 5-7 Different Names. They Do Not Pay Their Sales People What They Say They Are Making For A Sale And The Team Leaders Are No Help What So Ever!! I Husband Called His Team Leader Several Times For Answers For Customers And His Team Leader Was Never Available. So You Tell Me Do You Think That Is A Team Leader Who Wants To Be Successful? Does That Sound Like Someone Who Is Trying To Help Someone Succeed In Their Own Business I Think Not!! Further More My Husband Has A Conscience And Does Not Choose To Rip People Off. There Is A Reason That Summit Never Wanted My Husband To Go To A Large Business Like Walmart Or Target Not Because They Already Had Systems But Because They Have Lawyers And They Know That They Are Bogus And Would Get Sued For Everything That They Have Since They Are Bogus!!!! Maybe You Need To Do A Little More Research About Summit Solutions Then When You Get Done Having Your Warm Glass Of Milk Come And Talk To Me!!

I am fed up with the numerous, annoying phone calls from this company Summit, and all it's alias' it uses to make repeated phone calls to my business. I have told each caller to remove my phone number from their list. Sometimes I get 2-3 calls a day from this company and alias. I have repeatedly threatened to turn them into the FCC. I have finally had it, DONE, filed a complaint.

Did I happen to mention that each of their calls show "UNAVAILABLE" for caller ID.....hmmmmmm

They called again today, when asked what their telephone number was, the answer I got was, "I DON'T KNOW THE NUMBER"

So to play at their own game, the numerous harassing. annoying, phone solicitations, they tell me they will have a representative in my area on such 'n such day.....YES, stop by, let's talk, let's see what you have to offer.... Can't wait to meet you....See You Real Soon