+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am through with scam.com

This site constantly has problems. I haven't been able to get in for days. And this happens a lot. I don't know why I am even wasting my time posting a message -- it probably won't show up either. Scam.com is over.

Re: I am through with scam.com

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Oh...and don't forget to take your blankie and pacifier with you. :D
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

We won't miss you. Bye.

God, what rude people!

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

Blogosphere Black Ops: Hackers Take Aim at Voices of Dissent
    Chris Floyd, Empire Burlesque

Tuesday, 08 May 2007

As many of you have surely noticed, Empire Burlesque has been under sustained attack by hackers for the past several weeks, with occasional slowdowns or cut-offs in service, and viral infections. What we are seeing is a very serious, very concentrated effort to cripple the site, make it toxic and bring it down -- to shut us up, in other words. The same kind of attacks are being directed at our associated site, Atlantic Free Press, as well. These are not just hacker pranks; the attacks are almost certainly politically motivated: a deliberate attempt to destroy two platforms which offer news and opinions that some powerful entities -- or their bootlicking wannabes -- don't like.

We just want you to know that we will not be silenced by these cowardly attacks. Our webmaster, Richard Kastelein, is manning the trenches, fighting off the attacks, repairing the damage and shoring up our defenses. We would just ask that you stay with us; if you experience some difficulties with the site, don't give it up on us: just keep checking back regularly, for the problem most definitely will be solved, usually in record time. There's not been a hack invented yet that Rich cannot undo.

As Rich says, this is just one of the costs of doing dissident journalism. If we were back in the days of the Revolution, printing Tom Paine's pamphlets or publishing a dissident newspaper, King George would have sent in his dragoons to trash the place and destroy the printing press. Nowadays, they send in hacker-wankers to root around like plague rats with their code infections and their poison droppings, to suppress the unfettered, unfiltered spread of information about the wicked deeds of the high and mighty. Maybe small sites like Empire Burlesque are test cases: low-hanging fruit, easy to pick off without anyone noticing while refining your techniques and your deep cover modes for taking down the bigger fish later on.

Again, we don't know the exact provenance of our attacks -- although we're working on that -- but one thing is certain: this kind of assault on free expression will be a growing problem in the blogosphere, and not just for writers in, say, China and Iran. Governments, corporations, criminal enterprises, political parties, religious sects, terrorist groups and all kinds of powerful factions who want to escape scrutiny and mask their dirty deals will turn increasingly to hackers to take down their critics, in increasingly sophisticated and insidious ways. The age-old battle between truth and power will go on. And Empire Burlesque will keep fighting the good fight, despite all attempts to silence it. ***

Okay, okay - you changed my mind with all of your kind and encouraging words! I can feel the love! I have a permanent smile from ear to ear! The Joker has nothing on me!
    Thank you!

goodwitch - yes!

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Odear
    Okay, okay - you changed my mind with all of your kind and encouraging words! I can feel the love! I have a permanent smile from ear to ear! The Joker has nothing on me!
    Thank you!

goodwitch - yes!
    You weren't planning on really leaving anyway. ;)

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    You weren't planning on really leaving anyway. ;)

Lady Mod

You got my number. :o

LOL.... :D

Welcome back. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth
    LOL.... :D

Welcome back. ;)
    Thanks. :)

Here's your hat. What's your hurry?

Quote Originally Posted by Odear View Post
    This site constantly has problems. I haven't been able to get in for days. And this happens a lot. I don't know why I am even wasting my time posting a message -- it probably won't show up either. Scam.com is over.
    Well... looks like it's back up... sorta. I wonder how long this will last?

BVR USA Liaison Guest

:p awe!!!:D

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth View Post
    God, what rude people!

Yeah, it isn't as though scam.com is NOT the least reliable website in the world...most hacked, least reliable, most down-time, fewest conservatives, most jew-haters. Seems that jew-haters just can't win. Ever! Well, okay...Germany in the 30's and 40's was a good time for 'em. Since then? Not so much...
    Last edited by pwrone; 10-04-2007 at 04:57 AM.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    Yeah, it isn't as though scam.com is NOT the least reliable website in the world...most hacked, least reliable, most down-time, fewest conservatives, most jew-haters. Seems that jew-haters just can't win. Ever! Well, okay...Germany in the 30's and 40's was a good time for 'em. Since then? Not so much...
    Most popular, most controversial. Fewer Neocons, (we have quite a few conservatives) and zionists are not jews so I'm not sure you know what you are talking about.

Lady Mod

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    In my opinion, you should restrain your idiotic commentary about the things you know absolutely nothing about such as politics and social issues. Stick to those things you have some talent for, like ripping off little old ladies, gullible teenagers and sucking Zionist pud.
    "The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill