+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I hope you all don't mind

I know this is nothing political but this is the forum where all my friends are.

My dad passed to the other side at 4:55 PM CST. today. Earlier when I wrote there was every reason to believe it wouldn't be today. Well, God chose differently.

First my mom and dad were married over 60 years.

There is no other way to describe it adequately but it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. A true picture ending you think you will only see on the Hollywood screen.

We talked all morning, he had a good breakfast of eggs and bacon that he wanted. Fed himself. He just didn't have enough blood pressure to find a vein for his dialysis. We joked about it. He laughed. But when it was all done and we had to admit defeat for today and would try again tomorrow. Then he motioned me over and looked me in the eye. And I just went over, I asked him if he wanted to sleep now. He nodded his head. I told him we would be OK, he can go. I loved him. And he closed his eyes and went to sleep. He woke up a couple of times, onces to talk to my sister, once to acknowledge I was standing beside him. But the rest of the time he slept.

An hour before he drew his last breath the nurse told us to call my sister it wouldn't be long. We had been watching the monitors and seeing his heart rate drop along with his blood pressure all afternoon.

So, we were there to hold his hands. He was aware of us, when his heart started failing he struggled a little looking for mom. And as soon as she came by his side they locked eyes. She told him she loved him and to wait for her. He barely nodded his head. I was less than two feet away, I could see him say I love you with his eyes. Then he drew his last breath, closed his eyes and was gone.

That simply. Yaweh granted my one prayer all week and that was to give my dad a merciful and gracious passing and it was more than I could have ever imagined.

So I'm kind sad now but at peace too. I just sort of wanted to share a touching end with my friends because it's so rare we ever get to witness anything like this. I'm glad I was able to, cuz I'll never forget it until the day I die myself.

So, here is a picture, wedding day and and something like their 40th anniversary.

Pray for my mom, please. Those that pray. Those that don't, will you send good wishes for her? It's going to be kind of rough over the next few weeks.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Re: I hope you all don't mind

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Stephanie. Nothing else I can say could adequately express my sincerest and deepest sympathies for your loss.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

My prayers go out to your family during this time. The loss of a loved one is always difficult, but it sounds like you guys got some closure and peace in the end. Great story of his final hours. I'm glad he was able to pass gracefully and in the presence of the people he cared most about.

-Y

My deepest condolences to you and your family Stephanie.

Stephanie, I'm Truly Sorry For Your Loss... You got me drying my eye's over here. Thank God you had the privilege to know him and to love him. No One can ever take that away from you... Please never forget we have a wonderful promise, The Lord will dry every tear, He will make everything Right, He will destroy death forever, And YES your mom your family and your friends will most certainly embrace your Dad Again... Please comfort her with these words... Take Good Care, Rich
    Last edited by Rich99; 05-04-2007 at 07:43 AM.
    Rich99

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    I know this is nothing political but this is the forum where all my friends are.

My dad passed to the other side at 4:55 PM CST. today. Earlier when I wrote there was every reason to believe it wouldn't be today. Well, God chose differently.

There is no other way to describe it adequately but it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. A true picture ending you think you will only see on the Hollywood screen.

We talked all morning, he had a good breakfast of eggs and bacon that he wanted. Fed himself. He just didn't have enough blood pressure to find a vein for his dialysis. We joked about it. He laughed. But when it was all done and we had to admit defeat for today and would try again tomorrow. Then he motioned me over and looked me in the eye. And I just went over, I asked him if he wanted to sleep now. He nodded his head. I told him we would be OK, he can go. I loved him. And he closed his eyes and went to sleep. He woke up a couple of times, onces to talk to my sister, once to acknowledge I was standing beside him. But the rest of the time he slept.

An hour before he drew his last breath the nurse told us to call my sister it wouldn't be long. We had been watching the monitors and seeing his heart rate drop along with his blood pressure all afternoon.

So, we were there to hold his hands. He was aware of us, when his heart started failing he struggled a little looking for mom. And as soon as she came by his side they locked eyes. She told him she loved him and to wait for her. He barely nodded his head. I was less than two feet away, I could see him say I love you with his eyes. Then he drew his last breath, closed his eyes and was gone.

That simply. Yaweh granted my one prayer all week and that was to give my dad a merciful and gracious passing and it was more than I could have ever imagined.

So I'm kind sad now but at peace too. I just sort of wanted to share a touching end with my friends because it's so rare we ever get to witness anything like this. I'm glad I was able to, cuz I'll never forget it until the day I die myself.

So, here is a picture, wedding day and and something like their 40th anniversary.

Pray for my mom, please. Those that pray. Those that don't, will you send good wishes for her? It's going to be kind of rough over the next few weeks.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

I'm very sorry for your loss Stephanie. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I'm sorry for your loss Lady mod.

I truly hope that the love and good feelings that your father brought to your family over the years, will quickly over shadow the feelings of loss you have now, so that happiness can return again for the both of you.

Take care of your mother. She is going to need you like never before.

My condolences to you and your family Stephanie.

Namaste'

Lady Mod
    Sorry, Steph.
    Take care, the Lord bless you and your family

Both my parents are long gone for many years. I never had a chance to say goodbye to either of them. It's good that the way of his passing afforded you an opportunity to say and resolve all the things that needed to be. That is a blessing in itself. None of us gets out of here alive. I believe that, whatever this thing is we call life, it is meant as a trial and test for us here before we move on to our next evolution. Clearly, to have sired a daughter such as yourself, he passed his with flying colors and was well at peace with the creator. Verily, the cost of love is grief. My deepest and sincere condolences for your great loss.

I am truly saddened to hear of your loss, Stephanie. He sounds like a wonderful father, and a loving and devoted husband. My thoughts are with you and you family tonight.

Sorry for your loss Stephanie. My condolences to you and your mother.

Oh, Im so sorry! Like I saw on a card once, "not gone, just gone ahead".
    ((hugs)) to you and your family.
    Donna

Your Mom was pretty and your Dad so handsome. I'm condole with you and your family. Take care and be strong.

Namaste'

Lady Mod
    My dearest Steph,

I love the wedding photo of your parents! Your Mom should have been a movie star! and your Dad reminds me of the WWII pilots I've seen in old movies!! What a gorgeous couple...

Thank you again for the email. I shared my thoughts with you there, so I won't repeat myself here. Instead, I pulled out this poem that was given to me when my Dad passed away several years ago to share with you.

Remember - If you need anything, you know where I am..
    xoxox,
    Susan

Dad...

A world of flashbacks come to mind
    whenever I speak your name;
    I know without you in my life
    things will never be the same.

I’m recalling all those lazy days
    when I was just a child;
    When life was surrounded by you
    by your love, and by your smile.

My mind drifts back to all the times
    that I have come to you;
    No matter what happened in my life
    you would make my gray skies blue.

Dad...

I find myself thinking I hear your voice
    and I turn to see your face;
    But during my spinning I now find
    your voice has been misplaced.

I wonder who will I turn to for answers
    when life does not make sense;
    Who will be there to fix it all
    when the pieces just don't fit.

Please always know I love you
    and no one can take your place;
    Years may come and go
    but your memory I will embrace.

Today, Jesus, I know You're listening
    from your home up above;
    Please go and find my Dad..
    Tell him not to worry, Mom's okay-
    and give him all my love.

mlm truth seeker Guest

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Stephanie,

Be at perfect peace. Do not strain to understand that which is not for your understanding. Let my peace which passes all understanding infil and enfold you, for when you are at peace within, you reflect peace without, and all those should you meet will feel that peace. Let nothing disturb or distress you. Simply know that all is in My hands, and all is very, very well. So lift up your heart in deep love, praise and gratitude, and go forth this day at peace.

Author Eileen Caddy
    Douglas