+ Reply to Thread

Ninja Voodoo Music Marketing

I signed up recently to an online course called Ninja Voodoo Music Marketing their website is http://www.ninjavoodoomusicmarketing.com/

I was dubious at first as it appeared to be another pointless e-book promotion site. And for me, it was. Basically the information boils down to using Youtube, backlinks and SEO. Which I already knew. The video promised to pack out gigs and to increase your fanbase who were going to buy products. Misleading at best.

The cost was $47 and there was an option of paying a further $97 for the iTunes apocolypse. Obviously this is a buy now, one time only, offer.

I stupidly fell for this, but as it offered a 100% 90 day money back guarantee I felt I didn't have anything to lose, if I didn't like it I would get a refund.

I downloaded and watched the material, and for me I already knew the strategies, and the 'iTunes Apocolypse' webinar was a near verbatim read-out of the 'Ninja Voodoo Guidebook' with an extra piece of info added about iTunes.

I didn't feel that this information was worth the cost nor was it new to me, and I requested a refund.

The terms of service at Ninja Voodoo Music Marketing were as follows (as of 3rd August 2013):

---
    Terms of Service

Policies and Procedures

This policies and procedures applies to the following Manifesting Freedom Product:

Ninja Voodoo Music Marketing - www.ninjavoodoomusicmarketing.com

Returns

100% money back guarantee covers price of product only.
    Once a return is received or valid refund request submitted, the refund process will take no more than 30 days. All refunds will be either returned to the original credit card OR- mailed in check form to the billing name and address. International orders that will be refunded back to the original credit card, and PayPal orders will be credited back to the PayPal account.
    You have NINETY (90) Days from the date of the original purchase to contact [email protected] about receiving a refund. Any refund requests after the NINETY (90) DAY time limit will not be processed.
    Customer Service:

If you have questions or comments regarding Ninja Voodoo Music Marketing, please contact support at [email protected]

-------

The reply I received was:

Hello Dan,

This is the money-back guarantee that we offer for the Ninja Voodoo Guidebook:

"If you don't start generating hardcore fans of your music with the Ninja Voodoo Guidebook within the next 90 days - then you'll receive a 100% refund."

According to our records, your copy of the Guidebook was purchased on 7-31-13 which does not yet qualify you for the refund.

You will be eligible on 10-29-13 IF you haven't been able to create the "type or amount" of fans that you were expecting.

Our refund is stated as such to give you a fair chance at creating some real value with the product as well as protecting us from fraudulent behavior.

I hope this answers any questions you may have had.

Let us know if you have any further inquiries.

Thanks,

Wally
    [email protected]

----

Which clearly contradicts their terms of service, and once I request again the refund in 90 days they will most likely turn around and say that our terms state we do not process refunds after 90 days.

I obviously would like to resolve this issue promptly, and have posted this so the information is freely and publicly available to people considering purchasing Ninja Voodoo Music Marketing's guidebook and webinar.

My bank has advised that if they do not refund the money as per their terms I can report a case of fraud and have the money chargedback to my card.

I will update on the progress.

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Re: Ninja Voodoo Music Marketing

Well, the good news is you are out only $47 dollars.

Thanks for posting.

I bought both the $47 + $97 so I'm out $144. I'll update on what happens.

I sent an e-mail to them telling them that I had posted this thread, I've now got a full refund, they have asked me to take down this post. How do I delete the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ninjavoodoomusicmarketing View Post
    I sent an e-mail to them telling them that I had posted this thread, I've now got a full refund, they have asked me to take down this post. How do I delete the thread?
    You don't. Other people need to be warned about scams like this. They might not know to do what you did.

Hi There! I was about to buy this same "course" but I did a a quick search and end up here.
    Do you guys, think is it worth or not? Or maybe I can find this same content for free on internet.

I have also seen some digital books about music marketing and some of them are good, however it is not a price information since you can find it all for free if you will just lurk around.

The only advantage of it, the author has already compiled it for you, so no sweat when you have the money just buy it but if you don't you can acquire it in your own way.

What a scam!!! You couldn't get your money back within the 90 day guarantee?? LMAO, that is INSANE - who does business like this? You did the right thing in posting it here. For any others out there, along with contacting your bank/credit card company, you can also file a complaint with the local Dept of Consumer Affairs (where the business is located). They are bulldogs with this stuff - you'll have a black suit knocking on the front door of Ninja Voodoo Music Marketing (probably just some kids in a basement) until they get you your money back.

Guys - scams like this are a dime a dozen. You can get this type of info for free on the internet. I can guarantee you that's where the contents of the "book" came from. No one has magical powers.

Quote Originally Posted by jaderdom View Post
    Hi There! I was about to buy this same "course" but I did a a quick search and end up here.
    Do you guys, think is it worth or not? Or maybe I can find this same content for free on internet.
    NO - don't buy. YES - you can get the same info for free online.

Wow, that's interesting enough, thank you very much for sharing this, I can already imagine how my new headset will look with this all, and especially the CD player ( check here if you're interested).
    By the way, I will deviate from the topic and say that this device is really cool and I do not regret at all that I bought it, and now even more so, because it became possible to combine it)