+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Al Gore and the Carbon offset...FRAUD?!?!?

Al Gore, the self proclaimed inventor of the internet, and now king of the carbon offset... Is carbon neutral even real??? Or is it Fraud???

Check this out...
    The decisions you make today, will determine who you are tomorrow.

Re: Al Gore and the Carbon offset...FRAUD?!?!?

When did he claim to invent the internet again? I know he was a major backer of ARPANET, which became the internet, but I don't recall him saying he INVENTED it.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp
    http://sethf.com/gore/
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 04-26-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    When did he claim to invent the internet again? I know he was a major backer of ARPANET, which became the internet, but I don't recall him saying he INVENTED it.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp
    http://sethf.com/gore/
    Ok how about created it...

proof

his supporters say that he meant something other than what he said...

Quote Originally Posted by Quertol
    Ok how about created it...

proof
    Did you even read the urls I posted? They cover this extensively.

He was a major backer of ARPANET, which became the internet. He literally did take initiative in the internet's creation. Money makes the world go 'round.

Did you even read the urls I posted? They cover this extensively.

He was a major backer of ARPANET, which became the internet. He literally did take initiative in the internet's creation. Money makes the world go 'round.
    "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

What he said is what he said...

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

What he said is what he said...
    Again, please READ what I posted, and realize that he didn't say that he PERSONALLY, PHYSICALLY invented the internet, but was one of many initial backers in creating the network that became the internet. This much is actually true. It doesn't matter what democrats or republicans say about it, it remains a fact.

You're taking the literal quote and twisting its meaning. Whether or not you are doing this personally, or because you saw it on some right-wing blog makes no difference, it's still what you're doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_gore...n_superhighway

"[A]s the two people who designed the basic architecture and the core protocols that make the Internet work, we would like to acknowledge VP Gore's contributions as a Congressman, Senator and as Vice President. No other elected official, to our knowledge, has made a greater contribution over a longer period of time.

Last year the Vice President made a straightforward statement on his role. He said: "During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the Internet." We don't think, as some people have argued, that Gore intended to claim he "invented" the Internet. Moreover, there is no question in our minds that while serving as Senator, Gore's initiatives had a significant and beneficial effect on the still-evolving Internet. The fact of the matter is that Gore was talking about and promoting the Internet long before most people were listening. We feel it is timely to offer our perspective."
    -Internet pioneers Vint Cerf and Robert E. Kahn

If you don't know how important they are to the Internet, I suggest you look them up.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 04-26-2007 at 11:07 PM.

Again, please READ what I posted, and realize that he didn't say that he PERSONALLY, PHYSICALLY invented the internet, but was one of many initial backers in creating the network that became the internet. This much is actually true. It doesn't matter what democrats or republicans say about it, it remains a fact.

You're taking the literal quote and twisting its meaning. Whether or not you are doing this personally, or because you saw it on some right-wing blog makes no difference, it's still what you're doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_gore...n_superhighway

-Internet pioneers Vint Cerf and Robert E. Kahn

If you don't know how important they are to the Internet, I suggest you look them up.

I'm taking the literal quote literally... how is that twisting it.

The point of this thread was that CARBON OFFSETS are frauds...

I'm taking the literal quote literally... how is that twisting it.

The point of this thread was that CARBON OFFSETS are frauds...
    Well, for one thing, you're not taking it literally, you're taking completely obtusely. On top of that, you're stripping the quote of the paragraph of context around it, that explains EXACTLY what he's talking about.

And you know it. You are the one that brought up the tired internet issue in the first place, don't be surprised at the reaction it gets. It's an ancient, tired talking point attack.

The point of the thread is that you think Al Gore is a fraud, you couldn't care less about carbon offsets, unless they serve that purpose. And that's fine, I don't give a **** about Gore's personal environmental crusade, even though I am quite the environmentalist. What I care about is that you're now lying, or otherwise being so completely dense that it's shocking, in order to politically snipe. That's your priority.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 04-27-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Well, for one thing, you're not taking it literally, you're taking completely obtusely. On top of that, you're stripping the quote of the paragraph of context around it, that explains EXACTLY what he's talking about.

And you know it. You are the one that brought up the tired internet issue in the first place, don't be surprised at the reaction it gets. It's an ancient, tired talking point attack.

The point of the thread is that you think Al Gore is a fraud, you couldn't care less about carbon offsets, unless they serve that purpose. And that's fine, I don't give a **** about Gore's personal environmental crusade, even though I am quite the environmentalist. What I care about is that you're now lying, or otherwise being so completely dense that it's shocking, in order to politically snipe. That's your priority.

Al Gore is a fraud. The one thing that is true about Al Gore, take what he says, apply the exact opposite, and you have truth.

There are many controversies surrounding Gore...

There are many controversies surrounding Gore...
    Not only are half of these debunked within the very articles themselves, but the rest are pretty lightweight by any political standards.

Try a new tactic, you're all washed up on this.

Not only are half of these debunked within the very articles themselves, but the rest are pretty lightweight by any political standards.

Try a new tactic, you're all washed up on this.
    Gore is Fraud. Global warming is a sham. Carbon offsets only line the pockets of the enviromentalist wackies...

Gore is Fraud. Global warming is a sham. Carbon offsets only line the pockets of the enviromentalist wackies...
    Now you're just repeating yourself emptily. If you want to debate global warming, make a new thread. That's too big of a subject, and not the subject you started here.

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true. You want a serious response to your claim that global warming is a sham, post some serious, evidence-based arguments against it.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true. You want a serious response to your claim that global warming is a sham, post some serious, evidence-based arguments against it.
    How about the fact that we have only been observing and recording climate for a limited time... When the weather men start getting tomorrows forecast and next weeks forecast right, then I might start believing them about what they say will happen years and decades from now. :D

Now you're just repeating yourself emptily. If you want to debate global warming, make a new thread. That's too big of a subject, and not the subject you started here.
    I started with Carbon offsets... Gore is political and Carbon offsets are a scam... :D