+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giuliani Warns of New 9/11 if Dems Win

One perspective:

“If any Republican is elected president —- and I think obviously I would be the best at this —- we will remain on offense and will anticipate what [the terrorists] will do and try to stop them before they do it.”

“But the question is how long will it take and how many casualties will we have?” Giuliani said. “If we are on defense, we will have more losses and it will go on longer.”

“I listen a little to the Democrats and if one of them gets elected, we are going on defense,” Giuliani continued. “We will wave the white flag on Iraq. We will cut back on the Patriot Act, electronic surveillance, interrogation and we will be back to our pre-Sept. 11 attitude of defense.”

-Rudy Giuliani

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0407/3684.html

Another possible perspective:

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."

-C.S. Lewis

Is it possible that democrats, rather than going on "defense", might simply be chosing the right road? Can the argument effectively be made that we have actually been on the right road all along since 9/11?

-Y?
    Last edited by yossarian; 04-25-2007 at 11:54 AM.

Re: Giuliani Warns of New 9/11 if Dems Win

Jeez, these Republicans are like broken records. Seems to me that Bush/Cheney was playing this same line of BS before last year's elections. If there was another 9/11 no one seemed to notice. Guess you can only cry "wolf" just so many times until people get bored with the theme. Can another 9/11 happen? Anything is possible but I'm not afraid nor will I let them make me feel that way. Just when did the good people of this nation become such a bunch of quivering cowards who have to have a Big Daddy to protect them? How much of the 9/11 Commission recommendations did Bush and the 109th Congress enact and fund? Very little. More has been done by the Democrats in this Congress than in all the six years under the Republican do-nothing-rubber-stampers. Our first responders and hospitals were mandated to prepare for another 9/11 but Bush didn't bother to give them enough money to actually have anything in place should it happen again. Even FEMA is wringing it's hands saying that if another major natural disaster happens they aren't ready. Look at the victims of Katrina. Two years and New Orleans is still a mess. People are still displaced and can't return to their homes. I can't remember any other administration who has failed the American people as badly as this one. Can't blame that on the Democrats. Remember Giuliani was the Mayor of New York when 9/11 happened? Why didn't the police and fire department have radios that could communicate with each other as they should have after the first WTC attack? How pathetic that this clown should be trying to scare us into voting for more Republican incompetence and corruption by throwing the specter of 9/11 in our faces. Sorry, I'm not buying that bridge in Brooklyn, not from that flip-flopping three-times wed, loves to cross-dress loser. The second WTC attack didn't happen UNTIL Bush came into office and if another happens it happens. Our ports are now being run by foreigners. Our borders are still pretty much wide open. Anyone nut can buy a gun and slaughter at will. So I'm suppose to be scared that somehow things can get worse under a Democrat? Please, spare me! Yeah, like I'd really feel safe with the likes of Pwrone, Frankg, Pawnstar, and their ilk "protecting" me. AAARRRGGGHHH!
    Last edited by EderLore; 04-25-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yossarian
    One perspective:

“If any Republican is elected president —- and I think obviously I would be the best at this —- we will remain on offense and will anticipate what [the terrorists] will do and try to stop them before they do it.”
    This guy is so full of himself. The whole Republican party, and he is somehow "the best" when it comes to fighting terrorism? He's just a mayor.

This guy is so obnoxious. I hate PR people. They just try and put good spin on someone, like its a popularity contest, rather than an examination of their deeds. Another such hollow candidate is Barack Obama.

I hate how politics has come to the point that we don't demand noble politicians, but ones that are popular and entertaining, like Bill Clinton. I think George Bush is also a man who was thrust into his lot in life because of his father. He doesn't really do anything. The only thing I give him credit for is not commiting suicide int he face of so much ridicule. But that's it.

“But the question is how long will it take and how many casualties will we have?” Giuliani said. “If we are on defense, we will have more losses and it will go on longer.”
    Or we can just get rid of the Zionists in power and live as peacefully as any one of the many countries that don't have a Zionist influence. Countries like China and Sweden aren't threatened by Islamic terrorism. Neither were most of the countries that were part of the coalition of the willing before they joined. Guess why.

“I listen a little to the Democrats and if one of them gets elected, we are going on defense,” Giuliani continued. “We will wave the white flag on Iraq. We will cut back on the Patriot Act, electronic surveillance, interrogation and we will be back to our pre-Sept. 11 attitude of defense.”

-Rudy Giuliani
    Look, I personally don't intend to wave the white flag. I think Democrats should stick it up this guy's ass and giving him a swift kick to give him the momentum he needs to hit the door on the way out.

This guy is the biggest, biggest liar. First of all, Clinton was the one who started Echelon, the biggest surveillance program ever prevented. The Dems are not weak on spying on you.

I just want to hurl. How do you guys as Americans manage to put up with so much lies? How do you guys manage to not see that the Democrats are insanely pro-war, and are lying to you when they say they want less war. They love the war in Iraq. That's why they all voted for it. They don't hate the war, they just like to criticize Republican integrity and ability to manage the war.

How do you not see the strong Zionist influence on both parties? How do you not see that the only threat Saddam's WMDs would make would be on Israel? We KNOW Kim Jong Il has WMDs, but we don't invade him. We don't try to hold "free elections" in North Korea.

Can you anti-war people on the left please understand this. Please! I just feel like saying please grow a brain!

Is it possible that democrats, rather than going on "defense", might simply be chosing the right road? Can the argument effectively be made that we have actually been on the right road all along since 9/11?

-Y?
    Why do you think Islamic terrorists are willing to kill themselves to commit acts of terror against you? Why do they hate you soooooo much?

Quote Originally Posted by EderLore
    Jeez, these Republicans are like broken records. !
    Climb on up on my centrist fence and listen to the music from here. The democrates likewise sound like broken records. :D
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Bogie, you and I are on the same fence!!! :D

How nice...Giuliani bloviating to assist his cause in the upcoming election. How does he know another 9/11 will occur if a Dem is elected? A crystal ball? Tarot cards? the daily Horoscope? Reading GW's Palm? LOL....

It's rather simple. He was an accomplice in the original 9/11 and ordered the removal of crime scene evidence at the WTC buildings that would have served as proof of how the buildings came down.

This is merely a form of astucious blackmail. Elect us or else we promise there will be another attack on America. They can rot in hell.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth
    Bogie, you and I are on the same fence!!! :D
    Nice up here huh GW. You can sit a little closer, I don't bite. :cool:
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by yossarian
    One perspective:

-Rudy Giuliani

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0407/3684.html

Another possible perspective:

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."

-C.S. Lewis

-Y?
    where is the warning of a "new 911"?

(CBS/AP) WASHINGTON Democrat Barack Obama rebuked Republican White House rival Rudy Giuliani Wednesday for suggesting the United States could face another major terrorist attack if a Democrat is elected in 2008.

Obama, an Illinois senator, said the man who served as New York mayor's during the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks should not be making the serious threat that faces the country into "the punchline of another political attack."

"Rudy Giuliani today has taken the politics of fear to a new low and I believe Americans are ready to reject those kind of politics," Obama said in a statement. "America's mayor should know that when it comes to 9-11 and fighting terrorists, America is united. We know we can win this war based on shared purpose, not the same divisive politics that question your patriotism if you dare to question failed policies that have made us less secure."

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_115110555.html

Does anyone else think that the "war on terror" has little to no impact on terrorism in the US or other allies?

It seems painfully obvious that the terrorists will attack the US again given time. If proof is what you are looking for I would suggest you look at recent history and learn from it. 9/11 wasn't the first attack, it wasn't the last attempted attack either. Some were stopped. That is what mathematics refers to as a pattern. Just like an object in motion tends to stay in motion...patterns tend to repeat themselves. It stands to reason that we will be attacked again.

To say you need proof that another attack is going to happen in the US seems idiotic. It seems equally idiotic to say we won't be attacked if we leave Iraq. The two things are not related. We were attacked before Iraq, and the pattern will continue.

It isn't a matter of "if they will attack", it's a matter of "when they will attack". If we leave Iraq they'll attack again. If we stay in Iraq they'll attack again.

How is it logical to think if we leave Iraq the terrorists and Bin Laden will suddenly change their thinking and leave us alone? Why would they do that? Us leaving Iraq doesn't begin to address why they began attacking us to begin with. It is just the latest of many transgressions in their minds. Of course they will attack again.

It's just like the story of the snake and the rabbit.
    One day a snake was chasing a rabbit, and the rabbit jumped off a cliff and caught a limb. The snake followed and also fell. The snake caught the rabbits leg and was hanging over a very large ravine. (snakes have hands in this story, deal with it!)....The rabbit and the snake then came to an agreement...if the snake would agree not to kill the rabbit, the rabbit would climb up saving both their lives. Sounds like a good deal for both, right?

As the story goes, the rabbit tried to pull itself up to save them both. Just as the rabbit was about to succeed the snake bit the rabbit.
    The rabbit looked down and asked "Why? Why have you bitten me snake, now we will both fall to our deaths."
    The snake replied, "I am a snake, that's what I do".

I am sure the analogy is clear. It wouldn't matter what we gave the Iraqi's or terrorists in exchange....they will continue to attack us. I'm willing to bet many of the terrorists don't even remember why they originally started attacking the US to begin with.

I don't have all the answers, and I can't see the future. But I am willing to bet $5,000 right now that a terrorist attack will be ATTEMPTED on US soil again within the next 10 years. (Embassies are US soil) I don't care if we leave Iraq or not...and I don't care who is president. Neither are relevent.

Any takers?

I don't have all the answers, and I can't see the future. But I am willing to bet $5,000 right now that a terrorist attack will be ATTEMPTED on US soil again within the next 10 years. (Embassies are US soil) I don't care if we leave Iraq or not...and I don't care who is president. Neither are relevent.

Any takers?
    I agree with you.

Yeah but drama and fear sell? They already promised prosperity into the ground, so all we are left with is drama and fear, fear and drama? When that doesn't work somebody is probably going to get assassinated, or something will definitely go up in a blaze of impending doom!!

Lets face it, good news is bad for politics! How can you promise to fix good news? :rolleyes:

Using a dictionary definition of terrorist, "a person who terrorizes or frightens others", I would say we just had one at Virginia Tech. But I believe Rudy was using the Republican definition of terrorist, which is of course, "Muslim".

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    Using a dictionary definition of terrorist, "a person who terrorizes or frightens others", I would say we just had one at Virginia Tech. But I believe Rudy was using the Republican definition of terrorist, which is of course, "Muslim".
    I will limit the my definition of terrorism to only include an attack by Bin Ladens group, or a terrorist group Islamic in nature. Afterall, they would be the ones impacted the most by our efforts in Iraq.

So, in the next 10 years we will be attacked by either Bin Ladens terrorist network, an islamic terrorist group of some variety, or a terrorist group using the US's positon in the Iraq, Israel and the Middle East region as their primary reason for attack.

Tim Mcveigh and the Virginia Nutjob would not count. Neither would the Unabomber. Terrorism from domestic sources does not count unless their goal is to influence policy in the middle east.

Oh yeah.....I get double if a chemical or nuclear attack is made against the US, or US forces abroad. (Since those weapons never existed, nobody should have a problem with this stipulation).)

Clear enough?

We can each put the $5K into an escrow account at a major banking establishment and make it so both parties must be physically present to withdraw funds. We can even use a money market or savings account so a little interest accumulates.

You left out the most important part of the definition;

"a person who terrorizes or frightens others... for political gain!!"

That guy was a nut job that attacked the school! Terrorists like to use nut-jobs, and the acts they perpetuate, to promote fear to advance their political agenda. By the true definition you don't have to kill anyone or destroy anything to use the fear created by the threats of terrorism, to benefit politically!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack
    You left out the most important part of the definition;

"a person who terrorizes or frightens others... for political gain!!"

That guy was a nut job that attacked the school! Terrorists like to use nut-jobs, and the acts they perpetuate, to promote fear to advance their political agenda. By the true definition you don't have to kill anyone or destroy anything to use the fear created by the threats of terrorism, to benefit politically!!!
    ter·ror·ist /ˈtɛrərɪst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ter-er-ist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
    2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
    3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
    4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.
    –adjective
    5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics.

Nope, got it all.