+ Reply to Thread

Trial offers are they real or a way to bill your card

I dont know if you guys have heard of a survey site called viva research it seems completly legit its well organized it has a very good amount of surveys on the site you can fill out but the thing about it is that in order to get credit for the survey you have to sign up for the free trial offer, they say even if after you dont get the product its fine but is this just a way of getting my credit card information so that after i stop the trial offer they can still bill me? i really dont know one of the surveys needed me to sign up for ebay and place a bid on anything and it didnt matter if i was outbid later on, i did and once my bid was confirmed i was credited the $12 for the survey. i dont know it seems legit i just dont want to get caught up in anything so any opinion would be appreciated

also if anyone has tried this site or done any trial offers please let me know how it worked out for you

Re: Trial offers are they real or a way to bill your card

People have NOT had nice things to say about Viva Research--look around a bit on this board.

As for "trial" offers that demand your CC information immediately, I avoid them--it's too easy to be locked in due to dishonesty or human error. E.g., the customer service phone number on the website is out of date, emails don't get answered, or you just forget to cancel it within the allotted time.

rightinfo Guest

Some are real, when they dont ask for credit card details... but when they ask for credit card details, you have to make sure that you are canceling your request before trial period ends otherwise they will keep on charging from your card.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrain
    People have NOT had nice things to say about Viva Research--look around a bit on this board.

As for "trial" offers that demand your CC information immediately, I avoid them--it's too easy to be locked in due to dishonesty or human error. E.g., the customer service phone number on the website is out of date, emails don't get answered, or you just forget to cancel it within the allotted time.
    One site I found gave an 11 digit number that wasn't even their company. =\ I tried the first 7 numbers and got lucky and got through to who I needed to talk to. Also, a lot of free trials have fine print you should read that will tell you that you will have additional charges.
    Patricia Lynne's Treasures
    Why should you look there? Because it's not a get rich scam.
    It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page