+ Reply to Thread

I've got a question

Has anyone else heard of the electronic anti-teenager devise called "Kids Be Gone?" Apparently, it puts out a high pitched whine (like those units for driving away pest insects and rodents) that people above the age of 20 cannot here because of natural age related hearing loss. Aside from finding this a very, very funny concept, it makes me wonder when a persons human rights kick in. Is it at birth? Highschool graduation? When? When does one have the right to assemble? Does anyone else have any thoughts? Has this subject already been addressed? So many questions, so little time...

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: I've got a question

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete
    Has anyone else heard of the electronic anti-teenager devise called "Kids Be Gone?" Apparently, it puts out a high pitched whine (like those units for driving away pest insects and rodents) that people above the age of 20 cannot here because of natural age related hearing loss. Aside from finding this a very, very funny concept, it makes me wonder when a persons human rights kick in. Is it at birth? Highschool graduation? When? When does one have the right to assemble? Does anyone else have any thoughts? Has this subject already been addressed? So many questions, so little time...
    I just heard of this on television this morning. Apparently a gathering of 'kids' on the local park area, indluding basket-ball court and so on was creating some sort of nuisance for the people of the neighborhood.
    Wasn't there to experience this of course, but have seen similar scenarios, places, where, especially teenagers congergate, gather. Not only the ones participating in the basketball, soccer, frisbee, whatever, but then a lot of extra traffic and 'hangers-on' types that have loud boom boxes and Bass outfits in their cars. Possibly, with this building, brings undesirable factions into the area that want to fight or do drugs.
    Yeah, it sounds peculiar; a device to annoy peole so that they leave. But, the alternative, when things are out of hand is to call the cops. Then, when the cops show up, they feel compelled to arrest somebody.
    I have frequently observed when cops show up, even though they are supposed to maintain the peace, they seem to have a tendency to inflame, aggravate things out of proportion, which leads to someone getting arrested.
    Perhaps the people of the neighborhood want some peace and quiet, especially in the evening, when they are tired after a hard day's work. Also would like to go to bed without some ungodly racket outside.
    It is well know, and repeated over and over again, that a group of young people amassing can very readily become unruly, disrespectful of others and not really care, be concerned wether or not they are annoying others. After all, a lot of them still have not learned about practicing their individuality. Therefore, they feel inclined to compulsively reenforce each others group behavior - even the worst of it.
    Regardless of who an individual is, we all should remember to resepect the REASONABLE RIGHTS of others. Which means that what anyone is doing is obviously creating an annoyance, that at other times, in other circumstances, that same person would not like it either.
    Most people do not have to be reminded of this - just some. And there are some that just plain don't give a damn about what is annoying to others. Those are the ones that finally wind up in court before a judge, and some are sent to jail! :rolleyes:
    Last edited by coontie; 04-21-2007 at 09:12 PM.

Re: I've got a question

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    I just heard of this on television this morning. Apparently a gathering of 'kids' on the local park area, indluding basket-ball court and so on was creating some sort of nuisance for the people of the neighborhood.
    Wasn't there to experience this of course, but have seen similar scenarios, places, where, especially teenagers congergate, gather. Not only the ones participating in the basketball, soccer, frisbee, whatever, but then a lot of extra traffic and 'hangers-on' types that have loud boom boxes and Bass outfits in their cars. Possibly, with this building, brings undesirable factions into the area that want to fight or do drugs.
    Yeah, it sounds peculiar; a device to annoy peole so that they leave. But, the alternative, when things are out of hand is to call the cops. Then, when the cops show up, they feel compelled to arrest somebody.
    I have frequently observed when cops show up, even though they are supposed to maintain the peace, they seem to have a tendency to inflame, aggravate things out of proportion, which leads to someone getting arrested.
    Perhaps the people of the neighborhood want some peace and quiet, especially in the evening, when they are tired after a hard day's work. Also would like to go to bed without some ungodly racket outside.
    It is well know, and repeated over and over again, that a group of young people amassing can very readily become unruly, disrespectful of others and not really care, be concerned wether or not they are annoying others. After all, a lot of them still have not learned about practicing their individuality. Therefore, they feel inclined to compulsively reenforce each others group behavior - even the worst of it.
    Regardless of who an individual is, we all should remember to resepect the REASONABLE RIGHTS of others. Which means that what anyone is doing is obviously creating an annoyance, that at other times, in other circumstances, that same person would not like it either.
    Most people do not have to be reminded of this - just some. And there are some that just plain don't give a damn about what is annoying to others. Those are the ones that finally wind up in court before a judge, and some are sent to jail! :rolleyes:
    Really good post coontie, you bring up many points I have not considered...It would also help to aleviate a tired and overtaxed court system