+ Reply to Thread

Community Church is really a Poor Man's Country Club

I read the entry that Baptist church is a scam. I pointed out that really many of the 'middle class denominations ( eg Baptists, Presbyterian, Community Church,Methodists, Assemblies of God) are really a "poor man's country club. the doctrine is not all that different no matter where you go . really it is a place families take the kids, singles go to find a date,and empty nesters have nothing else to do. so they go to church,sing hymns, make donations to good causes, and get into programs( eg singles night,couples night) and that is why they are really there. if real religious persecution returned to the church ( what went down in the early First century in Roman empire) then 97% of the audience would not attend. it is also predicted that in the next century mankind shall give up religion. it would be the way it gave up alchemy after the Middle ages,. it stopped being useful .remember that more wars have been fought over religion in history then any other reason . so be careful where and how you worship. it could be hazardous to your health.best wishes :judges:
    Last edited by knightmare3000; 07-08-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: Community Church is really a Poor Man's Country Club

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare3000 View Post
    it would be the way it gave up alchemy after the Middle ages,. it stopped being useful .

Alchemy is still alive and thriving. Its called homeopathic medicine. :cwm14:

On another note, Christianity may or may not be on the decline, but Islam is not.

Islam adherents maintain and grow with a zeal and fighting spirit that may or may not be hazardous to everyone else's health in direct proportion to our mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    The poor man's country club is fairly appropriate, but there are many country club members that are also members of churches....

And Islam is growing, has been for decades....this is not a problem....the growth of radical, literal, fundie interpretations are a problem...just as the Westboro Baptis Church, Abortion Clinic bombers, and the *** were/are problems...

Education and experience solves most of this....
    so we NOW are confronting the IDEA of INTERPRETATION applied to the WHOLE sheBANG!?(MAMALUBALOVER) an individual THINKS about an IDEA and then says I will DO this IF everyone ELSE will, or at least a MAJORITY!? why SUFFER any LOSS on my OWN!? it's just not DEMOCRATIC/appropriate!? :rryumy:::spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you