+ Reply to Thread

Advantage Global LLC, is this a work at home SCAM?

Does anyone know anything about this company, Advantage Global LLC?
    Suze :rolleyes:

Re: Advantage Global LLC, is this a work at home SCAM?

Is it the same as Global Advantage , do a search

Well I did a search and they are not the same. I also got a reply from another company which lists the same address but under the name Expert Delivery LLC , so I am having my reservations. :confused:
    Suze :rolleyes:

I don't know - this is also a company I've been in contact with. From what I've found on the internet there are NO legit cashing money orders working from home jobs. Their either money orders purchased with stolen money from credit cards or they are counterfeit money orders. I've applied for several and am supposed to be receiving a bunch soon, but I'm not cashing any of them because by the time your bank finds out its a fraud or stolen money - the people you western unioned the money to are long gone with the cash and your bank holds you responsible for the amount that was cashed. Not worth the risk...........but if you find a legit one please post it!

From what I can tell reading their info - scam.

Bad info about reporting 1099 forms to the IRS - also, if they don't ask for your SSN, how do they send a 1099 to the IRS? Bad news - I'd stay away.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

John - Artfires

I just did some research on Expert Delivery because my daughter was thinking about working for them...they definitely seem like a scam.

1. The BBB does not have any compalints on file, but requests for basic information have gone unanswered and mail sent to the address listed has been returned undeliverable as addressed.

2. When you call the phone number, there is no live person or voice or anything listing the name of the business and we'll return your call, just a standard automated voicemail voice that says, "you have reached, 612-656-2697 -please leave a message after the beep." Also I looked up the area code for the phone number they listed on their website. Area code 612 is near Minneapolis not Pine City, which should have an area code of 651 or 320.

3. On their website, they have a picture of their office in Pine City, MN and London, England. In the Pine City picture, you don't see the name of the business on the side of the building but a realty company. I looked up the realty company in Minnesota and they don't even have an office in Pine City, where Expert Delivery LLC is supposed to be and you can't find a listing for Expert Delivery LLC in Pine City. Also, if they are big enough to be located in London, England, why would they pick Pine City, MN as their US location, when they could pick NY, LA, DC, even Minneapolis, or any other major metropolitan area that is more equivalent to London.

All of these signs give me a bad feeling and I just don't think they are legit. I am telling my daughter to stay away.

Here is the info that I received with Advantage Global LLC. I actually believed everything until I did a search in Maple Grove, MN and found that there is no such business in the area. I went as far as opening a bank account and sending the info to them. They have a team picture and very legitimate looking web page. I wouldn't have thought anything of it until I received another email from Kings Diamond Company doing the same thing. I looked them up and found out that that company was a scam and was directed to another web page that listed Advantage Global as a scam. The website is http://www.data-wales.co.uk/ni_fake_jobs.htm The address that Advantage global LLC used in my correspondence was:

6690 Cardinal Cir,
    Maple Grove,MN
    USA

Thanks

Absolutely - it is a scam. Report any emails you get from Dave [email protected] or @yahoo.com or from [email protected] (with hidden header info) to the email link at: http://www.data-wales.co.uk/ni_fake_jobs.htm There is information at that website on how to reveal the hidden header info for most email providers. Good Luck, anybody else that was taken in.

Re: Advantage Global LLC, is this a work at home S

What's up with the Independent Contractor Agreement with Advantage Global LLC?It's unfortunate that people looking for legitimate work from home business to earn a little extra money are taken advantage of. I too applied for the payment processing assistant position but fortunately I didn't forward any banking information and they have not responded to my e-mails.

Yes, Advantage Global, LLC aka Advantage Global Group, LLC is MOST DEFINATELY A SCAM!

They have a very sophisticated website with what looks like believable information until you do some checking. I don't know if AG is a legitimate business who is having their name usurped for use by one of the Scam operators or not, but I CAN tell you that the alleged Money Transmitter (MT) and Registration numbers they post on their website are FALSE & DO NOT EXIST.

I too, nearly got sucked into their scheme, but not until I had already signed the Independent Contractor Agreement and given them information on my second checking account. Dumb, I know. But hey, they looked legit at first glance and I was laid off back in January; my unemployment benefits ran out in August. However, I DID get out in time & only had to close one account which had less than $5.00 in it.

Here's what happened: I applied on-line for an Admin Assistant job posted at CareerBuilder.com. Got a response back saying all those positions had been filled but suggested the "position" with Advantage Global Group, LLC and offered me the link. I went to the site, reviewed ALL the pages and even after a discussion with a friend who could find nothing wrong went ahead and applied. That was BEFORE I learned that all such positions are basically Money Laundering scams, and, their "arguement" on the legitimacy of the work, based on the increase on Outsourcing, sounded reasonable. The only thing that initially worried me was the large number of "Clients" with addresses within areas of the former Soviet Republic.

I got an initial thank you e-mail with the Independent Contractor Agreement attached, which I downloaded, signed and faxed back to one of the toll free numbers attached. I got a receipt confirmation e-mail and was told I "would be activated within 2-5 business days".

A week went by and I hadn't anything new, so I sent an e-mail to inquire when I would be "activated". After which, and a few more e-mails, I was put on the "activation list". This all took place on a Friday afternoon and the speed with which AG responded to me at this point, was "lightening fast", to fast & with time stamps that started to make me suspicious. However, I'd already given out my account info by this point.

I did a Google search and did not come up with anything other than a second reference to their website with a .biz domain name vice the .org that I had orginally been given. Sooooooooooo, I began to look for ways to get in contact with someone from the City of Maple Grove, the State of Minnesota or S.W.I.F.T. (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication), with whom AG claimed to be "registered".

I got lucky on a Saturday afternoon and reached someone who lived in Maple Grove as the number I called turned out to be the DMV office there. That person told me how to find the State's Commerce Department's website and from there I called and e-mailed the Commerce Dept to check on the validity of AG's "registration" number, which at this point was looking less and less legit as all the Minnesota Numbers (found in a .PDF file they had on line) were only five digits long and all started with "5" as opposed to AG's 11 alphanumberic number which ended in "USMN".

Next I located the website for S.W.I.F.T., and using a comment or feedback form on their website sent an inquiry listing the information AG posted on their website, and waited. Fortune shown on me as on Monday morning I had responses from both agencies, Minnesota's Commerce Dept. & S.W.I.F.T., BOTH of whom had never heard of Advantage Global, and who both stated the license/registration numbers I supplied were false and that it was probably a scam.

At that point I notified my bank immediately as to what I had done, got the account closed but not before I also received my "test deposit" email and phone call. They do the same thing that PayPal does to test your account information before sending the wire transfers to be tranferred & sent overseas. When I received the phonecall from the so-called "Assistant", I told her that I had received an offer for full-time employment and would no longer have the time to dedicate to their "position".

Yes, I've reported Advantage Global, LLC to the IC3 and yes they could care less. Both the local and regional offices of the FBI also blew me off, which really p*****d me off as I am a former Naval Officer. However, since AG also listed a Pacific Office in Salinas, CA on their website I DID get in touch with similar offices in the State of California and learned they had a special division that investigated Money Transmitter fraud cases; called and then emailed them the particulars. Unfortunately, the most Calf. said they would be able to do is issue a "Cease and Desist" letter. But, at least I felt like someone listened to me.

I am now on a "mission" to try to get these guys shut down so no-one else has to go through what I went through, or God forbid, get farther in the process and loose money.

I know this is an exceptionally long post. But I wrote this so others could learn from my near mistake and not get taken. I also wanted to transmit all that happened so others who might also respond to AG from a job posting at CareerBuilder.com see the similarity and, hopefully, get out before they get in too deep.

AG is really slick, if you didn't already know that ALL such money transfer "positions" (they were NOT using checks or money orders to send the funds) were illegal to begin with, were as desparate for work as I was, or know what to look for on or off AG's website you too could get taken.

STAY AWAY FROM ADVANTAGE GLOBAL GROUP, LLC dba ADVANTAGE GLOBAL, LLC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, with the .biz domain name you find out the the Domain Host is actually in Russia!

Good luck & thanks for "listening".

Wendy A.
    Eastern USA, Gulf Coast

i, too, signed up with them. i had someone call me last week stating to be the assistant. then another call later last week from CA and the number was disconnected when i tried to call back. i will be closing my account tomorrow morning. and i will never try online work again.

where can i find work from home sittes that are good? i am a stay at home mom and cant afford daycare. i need to work from home as my bf works 12 hrs a night 5 nights a week to support us and its getting hard. anyone know of good work from home places where i dont have to pay money to dstart?

Ekouris,

You may want to try LiveOps.com. They are legitimate! Good Luck!